OP-Z SPECS AND INFORMATION AT ALL!!

I’m not realy sure I understand what the mike is even for…

@sammyjams said:

@eyescream54 said:
Am I the only one who heard / read that the icon printing should glow in the dark on the unit? Because it’s not.

Have confirmed, this did not end up being included

that is a shame.

@kingof9x said:

@sammyjams said:

@eyescream54 said:
Am I the only one who heard / read that the icon printing should glow in the dark on the unit? Because it’s not.

Have confirmed, this did not end up being included

that is a shame.

I know! I have my first gig with it in 2 weeks and really could have used that feature. Looks like I’ll be bringing my mighty bright clip on light : /

I’m sure the mic is not that bad. did you try changing or turning of the mic filters?

@59min said:
views on the mic? I’ve failed to get some good results. Doesnt sound good at all.

+1

The microphone is completely unusable on my op-z. It cuts in and out and is distorted. It sounds as though the gain is turned up too high. I lowered the volume (which sometimes rises instead) but the audio instantly cuts out.

Good thing the mic doesn’t do anything anyway. But this combined with no way to connect with POs is a bit crazy. What’s the point in having a powerful sequencer that doesn’t connect to anything? Why have a mic that is useless. Why advertise features that don’t exist? The OP-Z is enjoyable but it’s hard to ignore the obvious red flags. At the moment it’s just an advanced PO. If it were advertised as such, my response would be completely supportive of the device. As it stands, serious upgrades are necessary to make this a “dream machine”.

The one that bugs me is the accelerometer was advertised as being able top control any synth parameter, currently it control nothing other than turning the mike on which is pointless! Hopefully this is an easy software fix (unlike glow in the dark paint!)

Nitro was an OS update feature on the OP-1. Thing didn’t have a real filter when it came out. I expect great things from the Z.

@50Stitches said:

@59min said:
views on the mic? I’ve failed to get some good results. Doesnt sound good at all.

+1

The microphone is completely unusable on my op-z. It cuts in and out and is distorted. It sounds as though the gain is turned up too high. I lowered the volume (which sometimes rises instead) but the audio instantly cuts out.

Good thing the mic doesn’t do anything anyway. But this combined with no way to connect with POs is a bit crazy. What’s the point in having a powerful sequencer that doesn’t connect to anything? Why have a mic that is useless. Why advertise features that don’t exist? The OP-Z is enjoyable but it’s hard to ignore the obvious red flags. At the moment it’s just an advanced PO. If it were advertised as such, my response would be completely supportive of the device. As it stands, serious upgrades are necessary to make this a “dream machine”.

Had some results with the delay effect on mic. but nothing for me (hopefully someone comes up with a fix or tips).
Syncing with PO will happen with the next module …
We will see many things in the future and lots of applications, hopefully someone like cuckoo makes a tut with our questions answered.

My Mike works as expected and its fun to sing along to a tune with reverb and delay, but I suspect the Mike implementation was an afterthought (you cant seem to change the amount fx for the Mike, its on or off!)

At least the hardware is there, they can do anything with it later, and there is also mike in from the headphone socket, so a pro mike can be used…

Ultimately it would be amazing if you could record the audio with a track, imagen a 4 track tape audio module, imagen that, a little OP-1 tape deck in the OP-Z - you could make complete tracks with vocals!

@SLiC said:
imagen a 4 track tape audio module

it’s called the op-1. TE wants you to buy both.

@kingof9x said:

@SLiC said:
imagen a 4 track tape audio module

it’s called the op-1. TE wants you to buy both.

I have faith in TE, they will add tape like audio tracks to the OP-Z via an expansion module…of course the module may be expensive ?

Imagine that - a 4 track ‘tape’ module for recording linear tracks or snippets, all sequencable, each track could have its own input and output using trs sockets on the expansion module, recording and playback triggers for each track, micro SD card slot, unlimited files on card, any file addressable on any step. Dreamy.

Yup, thats exactly what I had in mind and lets be honest, its not hard to do- 4 audio tracks (or even just 1!) that run in sync with the sequencer so that you can record a live vocal etc over the backing…I also like the irony of ending up back on a 4 track recorder where I started 30 years ago! (Fostex X26)

@darenager said:
Imagine that - a 4 track ‘tape’ module for recording linear tracks or snippets, all sequencable, each track could have its own input and output using trs sockets on the expansion module, recording and playback triggers for each track, micro SD card slot, unlimited files on card, any file addressable on any step. Dreamy.

Those leaked prototyped TE photos showed a “keyless OP1” looking tape box that i’m hoping is the next big thing that merges all their synth line. Sync, best FX, and 4-8 tape tracks with a beefy master fx section and automation recording. Autofade loops, output files to onboard storage with hundreds of save slots. Huge battery.

@PLNB said:
Those leaked prototyped TE photos showed a “keyless OP1” looking tape box

PLZ share these leaked photos you speak of

my memory is hazy but i wanna say that tape box was just someone having fun w/ illustrator/photoshop, not an actual prototype

Well, .i,e everyone I am just guessing, but it seems logical that TE will reuse code they already have (POs, OP1) and burn it on a chip and stick it in a module, so tape and sampler are definitely possible (but I still want CV first)

@SLiC said:
seems logical that TE will reuse code they already have (POs, OP1) and burn it on a chip and stick it in a module

if only it was that easy

that op-mix thing is definitely not real. looks sweet tho - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1623528

Hey mate, have you tried the OP-Z with the CV Pal? I am thinking of getting the latter and just wondered if it worked ok.