OP-Z SPECS AND INFORMATION AT ALL!!

Awesome @Sparky

Well thats all I need to know, setting money aside!

Cool, so does that mean op-z can sequence op-1?

I’d imagine so, yes :slight_smile:

Also from the AMA

1. OP-1 <-> OP-Z will be via MIDI, PO’s mainly through sync.

The OP-Z is the first synth from teenage engineering and the first synth I do that has stereo synth engines, so we are able to use a few new techniques.

The OP-Z is the first synth from teenage engineering and the first synth I do that has stereo synth engines, so we are able to use a few new techniques.

This is so dope.

So…then I’d probably get one!

How much should I set asside for this?

TE mentioned the price point around $300 at NAMM 2016

Is it right to assume that the opz will be able to sequence external gear with multiple midi channels?

From what I understand in the videos and the website, the last 4 buttons along the top row on the OP-Z are M (midi) C (cv) lightbulb (lighitng rigs) Camera (motion graphics) give an indicator on the external sequencing capability.

One midi channel, one cv channel for sequencing external gear.

Hmmm. It would be nice if all sequencer tracks could send midi out to different channels. Maybe they could add that to the M (midi) track as an option since the opz is multitimbral.

@oxxi said:
Hmmm. It would be nice if all sequencer tracks could send midi out to different channels. Maybe they could add that to the M (midi) track as an option since the opz is multitimbral.

Are there any news on this? Would be super cool if you could send multiple midi channels to different hardware

yes you can. check out the new guide! :slight_smile:
https://www.teenageengineering.com/guides/op-z/midi

@adge said:

@oxxi said:

Are there any news on this? Would be super cool if you could send multiple midi channels to different hardware

It would seem so:

19.1 midi introduction
each of the OP-Z’s 16 tracks can both send and receive midi. the outgoing cc values of each parameter on each track can be assigned a custom control number. the outgoing channel of each track can also be customized.

Am I the only one who heard / read that the icon printing should glow in the dark on the unit? Because it’s not.

From the web site - https://www.teenageengineering.com/products/op-z

….the print on the unit itself is made with a special glow-in-the dark-paint.
a pretty cool ’world’s first’ for synthesizers.

Have you tried holding it under a right light for a while to charge it (like luminous watches) before putting in in pitch black?

@eyescream54 said:
Am I the only one who heard / read that the icon printing should glow in the dark on the unit? Because it’s not.

Have confirmed, this did not end up being included

views on the mic? I’ve failed to get some good results. Doesnt sound good at all.

and some features like env and lfo u can only access from app?