•• OP-Z TRRS Splitter I/O ••

thats so dope!
thanks for sharing your process

Would love to snag one of these, bummed to hear that was the last batch for a while. Any chance of sharing the schematics/gerbers for us DIY folks? After lots of hours of testing and several TRRS cables with no luck, it’d be cool to learn exactly what’s necessary electronically-speaking to get this damn thing to recognize a line in :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

already ordered some more boards actually :pizza:

it would be cool if they made some sort of audio interfacing module for the OPZ so we can have a line level input and some extra features or something although i don’t know what else they could add for a module like that. maybe a cue output?

1 Like

Great news.

Wondering if the module will work with the TRRS Splitter so you could have two separate inputs at once?

1 Like

Hi all,

I recently set aside my op-z, so I am selling the op-z splitter from digdugdiy, mint condition.

Specially aimed at EU or even any buyers in Spain.

Regards!

1 Like

we back again…
@@@

much love <#

1 Like

I have one of these excellent devices for resale if anyone would like one whilst doc is restocking, let me know! It’s used in mint condish. I no longer have an OP-Z :scream:

2 Likes

back once again…
@ digdugDIY | Etsy

much love! stay rad :roller_skate:

This splitter is awesome! Thanks for doing this!!!

1 Like

The splitter is still super useful for combining with the line module so you can integrate two audio feeds into your op-z!

1 Like

yea pretty rad that u can tap into all the inputs together :stuck_out_tongue:
line module, usb and the TRRS input

2 Likes

Ordered another op-z after much regret from selling mine. Also just ordered one of these again AND the line module. Excited.

3 Likes

Haha ballin out today?? Just saw your other post in the OP-1F thread :wink:

1 Like

spending money I really shouldn’t spend but I do this every spring.

2 Likes

I feel that!!!

1 Like

Hey @docshermsticks, trying to figure out if this splitter will work with the TX-6 cue out. Specifically, will the TX-6 (via your splitter) power a plug in power mic? Word is (and I don’t know enough about it) that the TE headset requires plug in power for it’s mic, would that power be passed through the splitter?

1 Like

i just tried this with a lom omni mic and my initial test failed

by comparison i could trick the cue input to take opz audio thru the splitter

1 Like

if i’m not mistaken
plugin power mics are wired like
signal = tip
power = ring
ground = sleeve
on a regular TRS jack.
a splitter really isn’t necessary in this situation to provide power to the mic

the opz TRRS splitter is splitting a TRRS jack
to separate the audio output and input onto 2 separate jacks

ah okay reading a lil more about the tx6
(i dont have one so i’m not super familiar)

so the cue out is a TRRS headphone // headset mic combo
am i reading that correct?
the guide doesn’t mention anything about plug in power
and seems just like a normal headset microphone scheme from the words and diagrams.

so if thats the case then yes the OPZ TRRS splitter should split the audio in and out to separate jacks and work the way it was intended to.

not sure how u would also provide power in this scenario? as u’d need 5 poles in total
one extra for the plug in power, which doesn’t make much sense to me?
not even sure that kind of jack exists TRRRS?

unless i’m missing something (which could be hte case)
seems like plug in power is not required or even provided by the TX6…?
no headphone // headset combo thing uses plug in power afaik

2 Likes

Ok thanks for your insight. I don’t personally know much about it but am researching microphone options for use with the TX-6. I ordered a stereo pair of clippy mics but they will need plug in power afaik. I read on another forum that the TE headset/mic needed power for the mic and assuming that the headset connection on the TX-6 was designed for use with that headset I was hoping it provided power. If headset mics don’t need power then I will have to find another way.