•• OP-Z TRRS Splitter I/O ••

just a friendly shout :speaking_head:
back once again
@

stay rad! :lizard:

5 Likes

back once again for the renegade master…
@

ps this is prob gunna be the last batch for a while
thanks so much
stay rad :pizza:

3 Likes

Hi @docshermsticks, I bought one of these a while ago to use with my OP-Z and I have found that it also works well when recording sound into my iPad Mini 6, which annoyingly doesn’t have a headphone socket (which I didn’t realise :man_facepalming:), but using a USB C to headphone adapter with your TRRS Splitter plugged into it, I can record audio into the iPad and listen to it etc, like on the OP-Z. Works great and it’s nice to have the volume control on the input.

1 Like

awesome! thanks for sharing
yes it will work with any device that has a TRRS combo jack
that is wired in the apple standard (which is very common config)
like the Z and many tablets // smartphones

i use mine too with my iphone a lot as well

so glad u are enjoying & finding new uses for it
have fun!!! :hamburger:

dipped into the cyberpunk🧪

3 Likes

wowwwww i love it
looks like a birthday cake haha
what did u use?

1 Like

thanks ! :birthday::crazy_face:
used; thick coat of white primer, to protect electric components and smooth curves.
than i have mixed fluorescent and glow pigments into the paint. than i have coated whole thing in the transparent UV resin. so in total it makes a strong shell around the pcb.

3 Likes

thats so dope!
thanks for sharing your process

Would love to snag one of these, bummed to hear that was the last batch for a while. Any chance of sharing the schematics/gerbers for us DIY folks? After lots of hours of testing and several TRRS cables with no luck, it’d be cool to learn exactly what’s necessary electronically-speaking to get this damn thing to recognize a line in :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

already ordered some more boards actually :pizza:

it would be cool if they made some sort of audio interfacing module for the OPZ so we can have a line level input and some extra features or something although i don’t know what else they could add for a module like that. maybe a cue output?

1 Like

Great news.

Wondering if the module will work with the TRRS Splitter so you could have two separate inputs at once?

1 Like

Hi all,

I recently set aside my op-z, so I am selling the op-z splitter from digdugdiy, mint condition.

Specially aimed at EU or even any buyers in Spain.

Regards!

1 Like

we back again…
@@@

much love <#

1 Like

I have one of these excellent devices for resale if anyone would like one whilst doc is restocking, let me know! It’s used in mint condish. I no longer have an OP-Z :scream:

2 Likes

back once again…
@ digdugDIY | Etsy

much love! stay rad :roller_skate:

This splitter is awesome! Thanks for doing this!!!

1 Like

The splitter is still super useful for combining with the line module so you can integrate two audio feeds into your op-z!

1 Like

yea pretty rad that u can tap into all the inputs together :stuck_out_tongue:
line module, usb and the TRRS input

2 Likes

Ordered another op-z after much regret from selling mine. Also just ordered one of these again AND the line module. Excited.

3 Likes