OP-Z : VideoLab / Unity

I really wish TE would relese some details about the unity side of the opZ or even pre release the unity tools (if there are any).
It would be nice to get a jump on creating some scenes before the machine comes out, so we can have some things to mess around with once the synth is out.

If anyone has any details, pls share!

I just hope thereā€™s some API to connect to as well, rather than just Unity. Think of the possibilities with d3, Processing, or Max MSP

Hi Polyoptics, you can download Unity for free and get going already. OP-Z only sequences the unity engine so all the programming of graphics can be done right now. Of course the control of the sequencing will have to wait until OP-Z launch.

The quality, complexity, design etc, hinge on what the machine is able to run. Iā€™m not sure there is enough information availble currently to start creating anything specifically for the opz.

The OP-Z doesnā€™t do any graphics so it doesnā€™t run anything, thatā€™s done on the ios/osx devices. So you can make what you want, if it runs on the ipad or Mac then OP-Z can sequence it.

Hmm ā€“ I was under the impressing that the opZ would run the ā€˜sceneā€™ and you could connect it directly to a projector or something ā€“ so you still need to bring a bunch of other stuff around with you, hrmā€¦

There is this bit from the TE site ā€“ ā€œa dedicated OP-Z toolkit for unity will be available at launch that opens up the entire machine.ā€
That would be cool to see more of.

Of course i canā€™t for sure confirm as i donā€™t really know but you would need a laptop or i-something to run the unity engine.

https://github.com/keijiro?page=4&tab=repositories

I believe TE is working with Keijiro whom already has released a couple tools for routing midi into Unity3D and made them available free
https://github.com/keijiro?page=4&tab=repositories

I believe TE is working with Keijiro whom already has released a couple tools for routing midi into Unity3D and made them available free

I downloaded this the other day and have started to play with it a bit

Most likely you can map the output of the OP-Z to actions in Unity. Perhaps it behaves like a game controller. This would make it really easy to trigger scripts in Unity.

It would be pretty awesome if they did it this way; you could also play regular computer games with the sequencer.
Anyway, thatā€™s the way I would do it if I were TE. But Iā€™m notā€¦

When Iā€˜m thinking about the op-z unity features I hope it will be possible to do stuff like in this www.vimeo.com/239407215

When Iā€˜m thinking about the op-z unity features I hope it will be possible to do stuff like in this www.vimeo.com/239407215

HO LY CRAPā€¦

That is SO cool!

HO LY CRAPā€¦

That is SO cool!

@ludicrouSpeed , itā€™s based on a code from keijiro takahashi (https://github.com/keijiro). The guy TE collabs with for the op-z.

unity

Frothing. The thought of something like this makes a minimalistic OPZ set so much more appealing to the audience. My question is, how to output the iOS device to a projector or screen.

1 Like

easiest way is to use an Apple TV 3 rev. A ā€¦which does its job peer to peer.

and itā€™s cheap right now.

The unity integration is the main reason I started taking interest in the Op-z. Iā€™m a visual artist and from what theyā€™ve shown and what they say it can do itā€™ll totally transform my visual rig

Agreed, its exciting times! ā€” still trying to figure out the best unity creation path from PC to OPz.

@JohnnyEgo said:
easiest way is to use an Apple TV 3 rev. A ā€¦which does its job peer to peer.and itā€™s cheap right now.

as in no wifi?

anyone wanna post anything they are working on for the opz release? :slight_smile:

@Polyoptics said:
anyone wanna post anything they are working on for the opz release? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m working on something. Itā€™s coming along slowly if I finish or hit a noteworthy milestone in the process Iā€™ll upload some pics