Op-z working eurorack interfaces?

FWIW it’s worth I just use the usb cable that came with the OP-Z. it can act like a host or a device. I had issues doing what you’re doing in that photo. Just plug it in to one of the USB ports on the SC. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the help and replies. Still not having any luck.

When I plug directly from the OPZ to the SC with the included usb cable the display on the shuttle control flashes “h”

I guess it’s seeing the opz as a controller rather then a device.

It’s not getting any data from the opz tho.

Is there any other settings I should be changing on the SC’s editor? Or the OPZ’s MIDI settings?

Open OP-Z app verify MIDI out enabled.

Plug OP-Z into SC. Select an SC program that corresponds to the MIDI settings of the OP-Z. In this case I am using the duophonic program 2 on the SC which routes incoming 2 voices to 2 different oscillators on MIDI channel 1. Play the keyboard or start the sequencer on the OP-Z. In my case since MIDU channel 1, I am using the bass drum track. You should be hearing sounds if you are sending MIDI to the channel that SC is expecting it on. Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing - except on midi channel 5. I’ve tried other channels but no luck either. I can get midi over blue tooth to my iOS synths without a problem. I’m also able to get the shuttle control working fine with ableton. I even managed to get CV from my OPZ to my CVPal using that adapter cable. I’m rly confused :man_shrugging: Maybe I’ve got something setup backwards in the SC’s online editor?

Does ur SC flash “h” when you plug ur opz into it?

It’s also my second OPZ. The first one I had died in a week (midi/disk mode stopped working) and I’ve waited for over a month for a replacement.

The SC editor doesn’t appear to be connected to your SC. There should be buttons that allow you to write back to the SC like this:

What platform are you on and what browser are using?

1 Like

Btw, thank you for ur effort and detailed reply. Very much appreciated :blush:

And yes, mine does flash h when I plug the OP-Z in.

No worries. The SC can be daunting at first. I’m still trying to wrap me head around it.

Yep. Unplugged it once I set the channel to 5. Just in case there was an issue between having two sets of messages going to the SC

Latest mac OS X and on chrome. Allowed midi to be sent back and forth. I’ve customized my SC a fair bit without any issues.

Only other thing I can think of is of course making sure you’re on the latest version of SC and OP-Z software? I’d shoot Endorphin.es an email as well.

Yep. Latest on both. Just updated my SC to the latest beta too. Still no fun. Which firmware are you on? I can roll my SC back easily enough. I can also try an older firmware with the opz

Pretty sure I’m on latest of both. Sorry you’re having problems. I hate when tech gets in the way!

Cool. Thanks again for the halp. Yep. A PITA when things don’t go as expected. I’ll hit up endorphines and TE and see what they. The idea of sequencing my eurorack from the opz is really appealing. Even though I haven’t had the best start with it… it’s an awesome little machine. Cheers.

Just an update. I’ve gone through different firmwares on the SC and then finally rolled back my OPZ to 1.1.27 and I’ve got MIDI going to the SC! Just my iOS app is now out of date :nerd_face:

I’m gonna try the latest firmware on the opz and make sure it’s that and reach out to TE about the issue.

1 Like

Update. Latest firmware on the opz appears to be working! I guess it was just something when I updated my opz previously. Thanks again for the help!

Finally! Time to jam!!

1 Like

Hi guys! I’m new to Teenage engineering but now looking into OP-Z for ultra-portable music creation, making little sketches on the go, etc. I’m interested in this thread especially because I might replace my Squarp Pyramid with the little guy. I’m using the Pyramid with Shuttle Control and I’m very happy with it, but I’m usually only using a fraction of its capabilities (since it’s a massively powerful sequencer), so I think the OP-Z would do nicely as a replacement + the added benefit of its own sound and video engine. What do you think, anything I may have to consider before jumping ahead of myself?

Thanks – First post here by the way :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey! I’m coming from a similar position. I’ve gone through loads of euro rack sequencers and always found some basic stuff missing. I’ve just gotten my setup to run and I can happily report that it’s pretty solid. Also with the added bonus of having the onboard sounds from the opz doing percussive duties and hard panning left and right to have two mono tracks going into my eurorack.

It’s eary days here but I’m just workin in the basics first. I’m planning on getting a usb hub and use my Kenton killamix mini (or any class compliant midi controller) to have better control over performance aspects on the OPZ. So far mutes and other functions work nicely but the opz is a bit too small to do this comfortably.

I’m also taking the opz on the road with me and sketching out ideas. Very happy with it here.

Good luck!

1 Like

Just got off a plane. Damn this thing is fun!