Op-z

Surely they’ll announce what’s coming on the new OS at NAMM.

Waiting patiently for announcements from Teenage Engineering to see if there's any game changers on the OP-1 front.
I have no interest in the PO's.

If nothing changes on the OP-1 front then it may be bye bye.

Wow! What's wrong with the OP as is that you'd get rid of it? I'm looking forward to the update, but have been steady loving the OP since I got one of the first batch! It's a gift that keeps on giving!

@Virtual_Flannel

I dunno its a fun piece of kit for random jams and creating silly sounds and have also used it for some “work” work to create sounds for games but I don’t use it in terms of making finished polished music.

I’m hoping that something from TE will make me change my mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

So April is when the OP1 update arrives, cool. Hoping that OPZ is either a tape type thing or something that works with OP1. New POs look cool.

Hey! Those holes are not like the microphone but like the level indicator. Which could indicate that the OP-Z is a stereo device? And that symbol on the key… thats a “Lift from tape” symbol isn´t it? Sorry for sort of double posting this here and in the NAMM thread, but I am suddenly super excited :smiley:

http://imgur.com/hthLaWB

Sloman image post

Or is the orientation of that symbol more like |-> (with an arrow pointing right, rather than up), @slomen?

is this an USB stick?

Might be @yoof but OP-1 has its name written on the side. If the OP-Z also has the name on the side, then its a up arrow :wink:

It’s clearly an extension of the OP-1 that you perhaps plug into the op directly or it’t might be some sort of USB/bluetooth device for connecting the op to perhaps an ipad for an ios app? I’m hoping IT adds more memory and the ability to pick and choose what synths and effects you’d like your op to have. Anyway…CANT WAIT :slight_smile:

That yellow thing looks like a toaster lever to me. Perhaps it’s a boutique toaster for super-thin toast you have to order from TE? It’s the BreadZ Operator, get it?

Good point, @slomen! Hope you’re right :slight_smile:

Funnily enough @vehka, it did occur to me that the yellow thing could be a bit of cheese, haha

Whaaat? Cheez and toast? What’s not to like?!?!

(Sorry for the thread sabotage btw…)

Might be @yoof but OP-1 has its name written on the side. If the OP-Z also has the name on the side, then its a up arrow ;)

@slomen you clever guy ! :wink:

is this an USB stick?

The yellow block looks to me like some kind of rotary control.

@duncmc looks like a USB flash drive to me

@duncmc looks like a USB flash drive to me

That’s what I thought at first but I brightened up the image to bring out the shadow detail and looks like the yellow block is protruding from a circular recess…

op-z-detail