OP1 xmas 2014?

Last year we made this:

OP1 XMAS 2013 by unacasasullaluna | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Anyone up for the 2014 edition? I would very much like to make it OP, but not OP-only if that is not unholy to do… I want to use the OP-1 to record and arrange and use internal synth engines ++ but I also want to record some other stuff into it :slight_smile:

DO IT!

I’m in!

Cool! My suggestion is that we post which xmas song we want to do if we want to make a new version of a classic xmas song, but I think people could make their own xmas track if they want to.

@yoof are you the admin of the op-1 battles soundcloud account? Maybe The tracks could be collectes as an album there, or I can try to make a Bandcamp thing or something?

Deadline? Close to xmas? Like 22nd December? Or something like 15th of December-ish?

Hey @Slomen, yes I’m the admin on the ohpeewon battles soundcloud. Sure, we can use that if you like.

I too, am in! Great Photoshop job on that Soundcloud cover btw.

Sure, let’s go, I wanna rehash/revamp/spinoff a thing I did a year ago relating to The 12 Days of Christmas.

been waiting all month to say something about another christmas thing hehe. and I don’t mind if stuff is recorded into the OP-1, because well, the OP-1 can fucking do that. Just another use of it as far as I’m concerned.

Awesome! Let´s try to get more people to join somehow so we get a nice and varied compilation! Is it possible to make this thread an “announcement”?

TE did a little promotion of the compilation on their FB-page and we got a post about it at Synthtopia, so we could reach a lot of people! I think that is pretty cool :slight_smile:

Wow that’s so cool. I’m interested. But we ain’t got much time though.

Must find some bells!

I try to get sth together too!

Hi!

indeed I was thinking the same, last year it was a success! :slight_smile: cover art was a work of mine and my wife. And the nice thing last year was that I managed to release it on the 24th eve :slight_smile: If you’d like to, I can do the same this year, deadline for the entries would be the 22nd of December, so that I would have the time to put all the pieces together and do the release on the 24th eve again. We can make a new shiny cover and back of the CD. If somebody already in charge of the project, no problem.

In case we continue with the project, required things to be part of the OP-1 X-MAS Compilation 2014 are:

1. Public domain Christmas song/music title, and remix title (if you want to use one).
2. Your Artist name + (optional) your website, Soundcloud…
3. Download link to the full finished song/music in Wav or Aiff format + Artist profile picture (to be used on the back cover).

Please send this information by private messages. It’s easier and we don’t mess up the topic! :slight_smile:

So we can just randomly pick a oldskool christmas song?

Only public domains ones:

Angels We Have Heard On High
Auld Lang Syne
Away In A Manger
Carol of the Bells / Original music title is: Shchedryk (instrumental)
Coventry Carol
Deck The Halls
For Unto Us
Go Tell It On The Mountain
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Good King Wenceslas
Hallelujah Chorus
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Here We Come A-Caroling (Wassail Song)
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
I Saw Three Ships
In The Bleak Midwinter
It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
Jingle Bells
Jolly Old St. Nicholas
Joy To The World
O Come All Ye Faithful
O Come O Come Emmanuel
O Holy Night
O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Once In Royal David’s City
Silent Night
The First Noel
The Twelve Days of Christmas
Up On The Housetop
We Three Kings
We Wish You A Merry Christma
What Child Is This

NOT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN - All below are under Copyright meaning covers require permission from the copyright holder.

A Holly Jolly Christmas
All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
Carol Of The Bells (song title and lyrics are copyrighted, not the original music.)
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Feliz Navidad
Frosty The Snowman
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)
I’ll Be Home For Christmas
It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Jingle Bell Rock
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Little Drummer Boy
Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Silver Bells
Sleigh Ride
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
White Christmas
Winter Wonderland

If you find other songs/musics which are public domain, we can add them to the list.

Announced :slight_smile: I did Deck the Halls last year, so don’t plan to do it this year obviously, if anyone wants it.

Calling Jingle Bells :slight_smile:

Already hearing in my head how I might do it.

Perfect @OP1kenopi!!! In addition to make a new version of the old public domain ones I´d like to encourage people to create a brand new xmas tune (but I am finding it really hard to do my self at the moment…)

I’ would like to grab, Joy to the World.

That’s a good idea @KrisM and a very welcome one.

So here are the “reservations” so far:

OP-1 X-Mas Compilation 2014

1. KrisM · Jingle Bells
2. Dimi3 · Joy to the World
3. Tribrix · Shchedryk (Carol of the Bells)
4. beefinator · 12 Days of Christmas
5. pfontaine2 · O Holy Night
6. ghostly606 · Bleak Midwinter
7. nenbeely · Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
spacetravelmadeeasy · Auld Lang Syne

Reminder for being part of the compilation and deadline:

1. Public domain or original Christmas song/music title, and remix title (in case of a cover version).
2. Your Artist name + (optional) your website, Soundcloud…
3. Download link to the full finished song/music in Wav or Aiff format + Artist profile picture (to be used on the back cover).

Deadline for the entries: 22nd of December,

I will keep updating this list with new additions during the way.

I’ll try to compose something very happy and dainty and write some lyrics to it. Already have a good idea. Though I would greatly appreciate if anyone has advice on how to patch one of the synths to sound kinda like these small christmas bells.