Oplab OS 859 beta (update: OS 861 released)

Seeing how they “released” the beta here, I would imagine that someone is monitoring this page…

doesn’t the readme/changelog state to report bugs in the thread? Pretty sure this thread is mentioned in something that came out of that zip file.

To make it as trouble-free as possible, some testing would be much appreciated. Feel free to try it out with as much different gear as possible and report any bugs or suggestions in this thread.

Such a smartass today :slight_smile:

Or even on the very first post lol, knew it was somewhere.

That’s right… My bad.

Hi! We’re reading everything in this thread.

I’ve updated the original post with a link to a new version (860) which addresses the issues reported so far and adds a few features.

Bugs fixed from release 859:
-----------
18. MIDI parsing doesn’t accept real-time message inside other message. this fixes octatrack issues.
19. USB->CV doesn’t work in all intended modes
20. added: in modes 1, 2, 3, set sync source to latest input that sent transport Start
21. added: CV thru when selected as input in mode 0
22. pitch bend conflicts in mode 1

/TE
Okay, just a cosmetic thing: While in Mode 2, the LED for CV1 OUT burns brighter than other LED's.

The CV LED brightness is proportional to the input/output voltage, but I took the max level down to the same as the rest.

So far, it crashed my Op-1 only once… :slight_smile:

Can you explain in more detail what you did and exactly what happened? Best case, find a way to reproduce it so we can fix it.

If you experience another OP-1 crash, please take a picture of - or write down the text on - the crash report screen and send to TE support for investigation.

But, for some reason, with a midi signal coming from an Octatrack via Midi IN, the vast majority of the notes are lost and are not sent to the other devices.
Edit : Turning off the clock send on the Octatrack solves the problem. So the OPlab, can’t receive a clock and notes from the Octatrack at the same time… weird.

Correct, this is an oplab problem. It’s fixed in the latest beta.

Excellent. Thanks !

I’ve announced this so it’s easier for you to find @jon and since I don’t know if you can edit titles I took the liberty of noting what the current beta OS is in the title.

Thank you SO MUCH @jon for helping us out! Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

fine way to understand us. Spirit_ of_ Teenagers.

So is this @jon the same fellow who coded the Pocket Operators?

Believe so, and what a great job you did with them @Jon. But let’s keep the chatter out of this thread and keep it clean for testing purposes :wink:

@jon Can we have last setup remembered between power cycles? So that when you next turn Oplab on the input or output you was last using is the default one?

+1 @darenager That would be awesome if possible!

+1

i want icecream…wrong thread…buut +1for remembering things on the oplab.

In mode 2, after a moment, the OPLab seems to be flooded by midi messages coming from the Octatrack (Clock + Notes).

When it happens, the communication between devices plugged to the board is momentarily stopped. Sometimes, as a consequence, the communication with the computer (via USB device port) can be totally interrupted (devices recognized by the Mac but no midi messages transmitted).
In that case, a reboot is necessary…

Is my configuration too complicated ? The OT sends a note to the OP1 to start a sequencer. This sequencer sends midi notes to another device (connected to the board w/ midi DIN). Most of the time, that works fine, but these “lags” or “freeze” can happen.

I’ll try to reproduce it, it’s almost the exact same setup I have. Do you have any special settings on the octa? Your setup isn’t too complicated.

I agree about the “no chat in this thread”, but credit where credit is due: Baby Jesus and I didn’t make most of the PO-12 software, that was Jonatan. I’m responsible for the hardware design of PO, OP-1 and oplab and have taken over the oplab OS since the guy who made it doesn’t work for TE anymore. I know there’s been a lot of speculation over the infrequent updates; that’s the reason.