OS Update Speculation

@Sparky but some of the most interesting moments in music are the notes that don’t fall into the current scale…

If they added a way to rename patches within the device, I wouldn’t ask for anything more. though I’d happily accept other additions if they offered… :smiley:

@sammyjams That would be incredible XD

^yea naming patches is one that i don’t really care about on a sexyiness level. but damn would it be really useful, even really basic naming would suffice, make a little space invaders type interface/game for it?

@3D haha those monkeys would literally being jamming all up in your grill!!

i think some added functionality to the tape tricks would be neat. so they were less static sounding.

Internal patch naming is at the top of my list too. So many snapshot versions and I have no idea which is the RIGHT one :slight_smile:

@JohnnyEgo have you also experienced the untightness? I have not measured it, but with an 8th note sequencer bass running in poly on DSynth, with both synth effect and master effect on, the tape animation got really choppy, and I had an untight feeling. Turning off the master effect gave some improvement.

@stahlwerk I have noticed choppy animations but it never translated to the audio quality/tightness. It’s primarily with the animations of the cluster synth.

Yeah stored sequences would be nice, and more sequence options… Actually I’d like a quantise sequencer, where it quantises whatever you played for that bar.

And I’d love the ability to sequence sequences - song mode, to string patterns together.

My money is on the op-2 coming out with bigger memory and dedicated sequencer section, now that I’ve made the plunge - Murphy’s law

You know what would be so TE… etch n sketch your own sine wave. How cool would that be.

Stored sequences would be great.

Ability to remove default/internal patches would also be great.

Another neat feature would be adding an “instrument” which would allow one to run a line in as an instrument channel, or something else that would enhance OP1’s effectiveness as a effects box or looper. I use mine for DJing in addition to production :slight_smile:

Also, it would be nice to be able to turn off “local control” of keys, so that they would not trigger sounds but could still be used for midi I/O. This would enhance OP1’s functionality with using iPads and such.

I’d love to see expanded sequencing. Ideally a traditional linear sequencer with quantisation alongside the tape tracks that can either record data from the keyboard or from other sequencers.

I’d also like to see some tweaks to finger, as I feel as if it is less hands on to program than it is to play.

doubleclicksss

I would love if key tracking was an option in the element LFO section. You might notice that certain patches have a sweet spot in different octave ranges that could be improved with the key tracking option.

I’d also love if the master effects could be controlled by some sort of LFO.

One thing I’ve thought would be cool for a long time is a tape speed destination in the drive section. Drive amount and release don’t have a shift function. Imagine if shift plus white in the drive section changed to a tape graphic where you could apply a positive or negative tape speed aiming where the input level could create not just a pumping compressor effect, but a warbly, VHS like speed modulation.

random pattern generation… it is all the fad

Stochastic sequencing. Would fit the graphic capabilities …

Well… it’s hard to beat Sector (ipad)

True. Nothing I’ve seen touches Sector, but TE might come up with a twist.
Been playing with Stochastic Drums. Very cool app.

Ok I just watched a YouTube vid of Stochastic Drums to see what you’re talking about and that’s brilliant!

@Lushr it is, isn’t it. The dev recently dragged it into iOS7, but no AudioBus or IAA. Still you can record 16 iterations, and can go from workmanlike to wonk. Great stuff!

All you really need is audio copy and paste or export as wav I guess

What about a sketch LFO? Same interface as the sequencer, but shift+encoders does stuff like set speed, destination.
And of course, only one point would be allowed for each x-coordinate

@Lushr It does have AudioCopy, forgot to mention.

@beefinator Excellent idea!