OS Update Speculation

I would love to be able to lift a full 6 min track and not having to chop it up in 1:30 segments first. Nevermind being able to paste it again - just a full track erase functionality.

Also stored sequences and panning as a LFO target.

For panning automation, they’d have to add a mixer section LFO. Which would be very interesting…

@beefinator Yes, indeed.

When is it actually due?

For some reason a planned release of August is sticking in my head @Erhenius.

I am hoping they add quantized and unquantized recording in endless.

Where did you get the August date from??? @KrisM

i could be totally wrong, i just think i remember it from a post on ohpeewon

That is the expected release date for the new patches contest that TE is promoting:

http://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8/sound-battle-te-wants-your-sound

ahhh, so definitely after August then.

I need to get my ass in gear for that. I’ve made some really cool pads out of sampling my Patchblocks :slight_smile:

i asked them a long time ago to open up the OP-1 to midi CC … (other than the midi LFO). Tobias got back to me and said he would like that too.
hope he recalls. I could see some cool stuff using this especially with the sample engines (as it would free up the LFO for other things)

I'd really appreciate the ability to up the beat count on the step sequencer, along w/ a metronome that stays tied to the sequencer count.

...and, of course, anything that helps w/ overall stability.

maybe is able rite now, but i would love 3/4 signature in pattern sequencer

I believe shift+white encoder sets pattern length.

vocoder using the mic/line/radio inputs

A wavetable synth!

i send some ideas to TE

FX:

_ DELAY:

. PUSH WITHE : going from 0 to 99 straight (you can add the same in COW)

PUSHGREEN ..: Switch To Tempo Sync (you can add the same in COW)

PUSH ... RED: INput silence (for cut sound)

_ NITRO : pressing GREEN encoder pass to filter keyboard tracking (as old analog synthesizer like Moog prodigy): in Screen: FF change to KT and the needle in the middle moves the 2 filters like bandpass filter, if the Needle is full to the right only apply KT to RED filter (LPF) and if it’s to the left, to BLUE filter (HPF) . …you know...

DRUM SAMPLER:

to hold down and rotate, any encoder, move the encoders function in all the keys, the same way the Elektron drummachine does when pressing SHIFT and moving ENCODERS. To pitch, adjust end point in all sounds at the same time.

COM: turntable recording: when I record some audios, pressing RED can protect recording.

MIDI OUT KEYBOARD: can change the octave range

SEQUENCERS MIDI OUT: Note accept in different octaves.

LFO:

VALUE: push BLUE; change LFO Waves (triangle, ramp, square, random, S&H)

push Red apply LFO to ALL colors in the P.DEST.

SEQ:

ENDLESS: Puhing RED before key trigger activates HOLD standby, waiting for the playing tape to start

pushing RED after key trigger active hold like rotating RED

an interesting idea for ENDLES is copy the tb303 sequencer , that you can and octave down, octave up , slide and accent step by step ,

pressing the encoders when you add the Note in the step .

PATTERN Bug: when it’s on hold, recording beta in real time, when erasing it with SHIFT + BLUE , you can’t go back to recording in real time: it records step by step, as it does when it’s not on HOLD.

MIC: pressing RED , change TRIG (in the screen ) to GATE , and rotating RED, now works like a noise gate threshold -

..PUSH SHIFT + GREEN ..: scan radios with good signal

… ... SHIFT + rotate GREN: skip between scanned radios (to have an option to go between stations quickly)

COM:

When recording with turntable. , pressing RED you can protect what you recorded, with green LOOP POINT IN, shift plus GREEN POINT OUT, switching green LOOP LENGH (idem Tape)

… . And it would be very interesting to transmit audio output via Bluetooth, with OP1 or with OP1 plus OPLAB, but in this case OPLAB needs a power-source like a battery pack or form OP1 USB.

ALSO you can add a new synthesizer called STORM . based in withe noise . pink noise and different kind of noises to make winds , thunders , etc.

and you can add a new FX like moogerfooguer RingMODULAtOR . http://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfoogers/mf-102-ring-modulator its have 4 knobs like op1. in the graphic you can draw a SATURN planet , by example.

and a phaser like this http://9www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfoogers/mf-103-12-stage-phaser . will be interesting .

sorry for my poor english .

Havn’t received my OP1 yet so don’t know if you can ,but…

How about modulate sequencer note scale with LFO or accelerometer to get faster arp divisions with a tilt?
Or bounce master stereo 2track to two seperate (L+R) tracks on 4track tape- Is that bounce already doable within the unit ,without using external computer for Aiff file drop?

August has only 11 days left. All aboard the hype train.

@Spheric_El Yes, but it’s clunky. If you only have 2 tracks to bounce (2 free), you can just ear-record the left and right sides one at a time.