OS Update Speculation

I’ve just thought of a use for the push action on knobs…
4 Assignable LFOs for any parameter,even mixer controls.When on desired destination push one of the 4 knobs to bring up 1 of 4 LFOs then use the 4 knobs to change specifics on that modulator.
@beefinator thanks for the tip.

It would help if I’d actually played on one before update suggestions.Having recieved my OP I’ll change that above to just one modulator.Call it click mod or auto push (maybe).
New effects I’d like- bit crush/freq reduction and while I’m at it frequency shifter and I havnt found a comb filter yet.My all time favourite effect is multband disto/ w expander/comp but that’s greedy (Ohmforce-Predatohm).

Grid can form an interesting sort of bitcrusher.

Phone is like an unconventional pitch shifter.
CWO does delay-based effects (that’s what phasers, flangers, comb filters are) but not in an orthodox way.

The OP-1 has the full range of effects, they’re just not tailored around how these sorts of effects are “supposed” to be. :slight_smile:

Frequency shifter is like a single band ring mod,it shifts all frequencies by a linear amount and sounds great on bass (-40Hz across all sound would effect bass but do nothing to the high end).Its great for warping sounds(samples).
I did notice the ring mod on one of the synths.
Admitted everything is termed different on this sleek box,and it seems they’ve crammed afew clever parameters at once for each control so things always sound good(unlike regular FM synthesis).
Appreciated you post about wiring before,on that wiring for pedals thread @beefinator -good stuff.

Keyboard tracking LFO,maybe as an element source or a brand new one.
These are suggestions for the update after next.Although this one may of already been suggested.

Ooh, keyboard tracking would work very nicely as an addition to the Element LFO.

Obviously TE cares a lot about making the interface streamlined. And a new LFO just for key tracking might just add clutter (does it really need a whole new screen?)
But the element LFO is there, and makes no difference to the interface to just add that extra option.

I suggested Element->Keytracking like two years ago, they said they agree it’s a good idea but no far nothing :frowning:

@Spheric_El: Grid can do lots of comb-filter-type effects; AFAICT it’s some sort of delay/reverb hybrid, a network of short delays – you can use Blue to tune it (this also changes the delay time). If you turn down Green (delay time) all the way to 0 and sweep Blue, you should be able to hear how it’s emphasizing certain frequencies.

(Grid is also the only OP-1 effect you can drive into feedback… it’s really nice to play a single note or chord and tune Blue until it’s emphasizing frequencies that complement the note/chord. )

When they added CWO they said it was delay+freq-shifter, however it sounds a lot like delay+AM or ringmod to me. Since you can set the delay time (Green) to 0, you should be able to use it for freq-shifting type effects. (the first ~1/3 of Blue’s range as you turn it clockwise is sub-audio, then it goes into audio and the AM/ringmod is more obvious)

Ok a new request to TE…
How about an undo key for tape mode plus album mode? -Just one level undu/redo. I’d use keys rec/stop/help as a tri key press, maybe there is a better combo.
I understand this may be difficult . With regards to the 90 sec lift buffer we could maybe borrow some from spare tape /album /sample memory if available and undo longer if needed and able , or give us an out of memory msg if can’t. It would mainly be for accident button press anyway ,which is usually only 15 secs or less- I’ve already lost a mix of album A when panicking and pressing T1 instead of synth key to escape album.I’m still new and couldn’t hear anything on power up with some master effects still filtering from last session (that old one).

still waiting! hopefully there will be new stuff today…maybe tomorrow. .)

still waiting! hopefully there will be new stuff today...maybe tomorrow. .)

Are they releasing an update soon? Or is this wishful thinking?

What happening with the latest os update.

;
I hope new sequencers are added :slight_smile:

Last night i dreamt about a new OP-1 effect that created random/faux/simulated velocity & aftertouch, linked to modulations/fx.

id say wishful thinking. Id expect all efforts to be focused on the PO-12. maybe an update having to do with the po-12 on the op1?

I’m looking forward to hearing the user contributed patches.

me, too @yoof though I completely bombed submitting any =/ too much going on at home this summer.

I kept on checking daily and now I’ve given up.

Teenage Engineering sure do act like teenagers when it comes to meeting deadlines. Kind of hoped it was ready when I saw this thread.

Oh well, I probably won’t get any of my patches in anyway :slight_smile:

I don’t know that there has been a deadline announced. The only thing @dimi3 mentioned was August for the patch submissions.

what a nice date speculation…

http://now.teenageengineering.com/post/97207929271/op-1-dependency-graph-tbt-op1

So I emailed TE asking if they’d gotten enough patches for the new update they were planning. I was told that the update was delayed (obviously) and they are still down for patch/preset submissions. And something about a slight shift in focus, which after inquiring evidently is due to the PO-12.

^so exciting! Can’t wait to get some specifications so we can start designing cases. I’m really looking forward to making a 3d file for shapeways and spending $60+ on a metal Texas instruments inspired case.