OTO Biscuit

OTO Biscuit is a really nice piece. very happy with it, and the sounds that it can enhance in subtle ways, or completely mangle.

the filters have depth and range. i’ve yet to really explore the Der OTO side of it.

another simple pleasure i get from it, powering it on/off while working is as quiet as a stone.

Biscuit will remain in my collection for good.

i will probably try BIM out for size when it is available (and i’ve saved a bit more). and if it’s anything close to the quality and fun that i’ve had with Biscuit. well, BAM BOUM.

I’m so tempted to pick up a Biscuit. A local dealer has one, albeit for $600. Just a little too much for now.

I have these things where I have to find out everything about something I have my eye on, and I was in full-on beast mode, googling the Biscuit… :smiley:

Turns out it’s actually a cool product in more ways than one:

-The guy who makes them, Denis, seems like a really cool person. Nice philosophy to running his business and helpful.
-Well, they’re limited. A bit less than 1500 made and now about to be completely sold out.
-Used by heaps of cool artists: Air, Daft Punk, Etienne De Crécy, MGMT, Sigur Rós, Trent Reznor (according to the OTO site)
-The design – acclaimed design agency employed for the design, and it shows

But most importantly, it seems like a genuinely useful and well thought out tool that offers a sonic aesthetic of its own.

I think it goes without saying, I’m dying for mine to get here.

yea i bet the BIM BAM BOUM are gunna be righteous!

Oh yeah @virtual_flannel forgot to say - I’ve listened to your boiler room set like 5-6 times now, and really like it! You have a special vibe of your own, which isn’t easy to come by in music this day and age (sound like an old person right now).

Also functions as one of the nicest Biscuit demos around :slight_smile:

Thanks so much @josker can’t wait to get my hands on the new OTO one day!

FYI: Check out this track by Trentemøller – "Moan - trentemøller remix"

Around 6 minutes: Well, if it isn’t our friend :slight_smile: Nice track, too – spotted it in the “What are the Elektron guys listening to right now?” playlist they posted in their Facebook.

Moan - Trentemoeller Remix - song by trentemøller | Spotify

FYI: Check out this track by Trentemøller – "Moan - trentemøller remix"

Around 6 minutes: Well, if it isn't our friend :) Nice track, too – spotted it in the "What are the Elektron guys listening to right now?" playlist they posted in their Facebook.

https://open.spotify.com/track/296mPMQavmf1vvxYrUvLN8

cool sounds like he has it midi controlled/sequenced. Always wanted to try that, but don’t have the patience.

The’re taking pre-orders for the last batch of 200 Biscuits (to be available this side of xmas)

http://www.otomachines.com

I pre-ordered one a few days ago! Really looking forward to it. =)

I have no money :°°°(

Yet I already have all the gear I need, don’t really need this OTO magic… Why the hell am I so eager to get one ? Bloody GAS thing…

And yes @josker, I downloaded VF Boiler Room and listen to it quite often :slight_smile:
Definitely some great sound, <3 @Virtual_Flannel you’re the Biscuit man !
:smiley:

@LyingDalai - yeah, waiting for @Virtual_Flannel 's European tour :slight_smile: Just include finland!

Yep !

And Lyon ! Don’t forget Lyon, mate !

:smiley:

Thanks @josker and @LyingDalai really hope I get to bring the Biscuit to Europe for tour some time. Got to jam with the Noorden crew in Germany and Europe has awesome vibes for weird music :)!

@Virtual_Flannel just watched your boiler room with my 2 day old son… we both loved it, went to your bandcamp and bought a few albums. if you tour to stockholm you have a place to stay!!

@Virtual_Flannel just watched your boiler room with my 2 day old son... we both loved it, went to your bandcamp and bought a few albums. if you tour to stockholm you have a place to stay!!

Awesome man! Hope I didn’t warp your son’s mind too bad! Lol! Huge congrats man, and really appreciate the support. Those couple band camp bucks every month make a big difference! Thanks!

Damn that 200 ltd (last) edition of the biscuit is bloody tempting!

https://soundcloud.com/re5etuk

2 latest tracks are tr8 through a biscuit

I ordered a new Biscuit, and def not selling it this time!!! Missed it as soon as I did before!

This topic made me want it :slight_smile: Indeed, I was reading about the Biscuit the last years, but never “get it”. However, after entering into the amazing world of Elektron step sequencing, I just fell in love with that kind of music-making! I think that I still need to watch some videos, as the Biscuit is pretty expensive for me right now (the brazillian Real is big devaluated right now, so a Biscuit costs like 4x more!), although @virtual_flannel Boiler Room is quite impressive.