OTO Biscuit

Is the Red Panda Particle an (cheaper) alternative for BIM/Biscuit? Besides no stereo, no midi-sync

Yep !
And Lyon ! Don't forget Lyon, mate !

:D

Yes @Virtual_Flannel in Lyon, this should be great !!

About the Biscuit, I really hope they gonna make more, cause I’ve just pre ordered a Roland JU-06, and I can’t afford an OTO machine ATM :S

@quarantequatre a fast topic hijacking: did you read a review about the Roland boutique (argh) modulars? Couldn´t find none, and I´m thinking about the JU08.

@quarantequatre a fast topic hijacking: did you read a review about the Roland boutique (argh) modulars? Couldn´t find none, and I´m thinking about the JU08.

I pre-ordered the JU-06, but haven’t received it yet :frowning: (If everything is ok, I should receive it at the end of november…I hope)
I’d read many reviews, and they seems very good sounding.
You can hear all the factory presets on these Roland’s Soundcloud playlists to have an Idea :slight_smile:

JP-08 Factory Patch Demos by Roland_US | Roland US | Free Listening on SoundCloud
JX-03 Factory Patch Demos by Roland_US | Roland US | Free Listening on SoundCloud
JU-06 Factory Patch Demos by Roland_US | Roland US | Free Listening on SoundCloud

You’ve got nice tests on youtube too :), like this performance (sounds better than the Roland factory sounds :slight_smile: )
Roland Boutique Series Performance with Synth Modules JP-08 JU-06 JX-03 - YouTube

Haha them JX-03 presets make me miss my 3P a little bit. Kind of a fun synth that one, actually not very deep IMO, but has some cool sounds.

C’mon guys this is a biscuit thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanna see some biscuit videos. There’s a poor selection on YouTube, not enough to persuade me to buy one yet some of you rave about them. show us what they are capable of! :slight_smile:

I think it’s amazing that OTO Biscuit can change itself into a very funny and good sounding synth…
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vJbvk_EXe1s

Wish I had money to throw away at this very fine looking little machine !

adding cream and microwave is not how you do the firmware upgrade…

just wanted to make sure people dont do that.

it does work on tb303 though…

^^^ :smiley:

Just finished the Ctrlr panel for Der OTO:

http://ctrlr.org/oto-machines-der-oto/

Now it’s time to produce some Programs for it.

Testers are welcome.

Enjoy!

Oh my god! So cool. Thanks for sharing it!

I’ll have a look and make sure to give feedback, if I can think of any, since it seems like a pretty complete deal :slight_smile:

I’m awaiting delivery of my Biscuit and have a question for you Biscuit owners out there…

How do you incorporate this little box into your setup? At the end of the chain, processing everything? As a send tied to one or multiple instruments?

I’m also in the market for a (small-ish) new mixer and pondering what my ideal input/output situation will be. Currently using an OP1, Pocket Operators, a Minilogue, and sometimes iOS business. So far I’ve gotten by with a pocket mixer since most of my stuff is portable.

I have it connected to audio patchbay at living room studio and patch various sources into it as needed, sometimes chaining it’s output further to other fx boxes hooked to a patchbay. Audio patchbay really keeps it all flexible. After long years without one, I see now that it make sense even for smaller home studios/setups as it’s not a big investment. Don’t forget to switch your audio patchbay channels to Not Normaled if you dedicated it to fx - inputs on lower row, outputs on upper row.

For mobile/live use I would have it connected as an insert fx, probably on drums. I.e. LXR > Biscuit > Octatrack. It crunches the beats really well. It’s good for synths as well but usually I can push synths into harsher territory within their engines.

It’s really hands-on box which begs for live tweaking so having it connected as insert effect seems more direct. If you hook it as a send effect you are effectively getting one more stage for setting the send level on Biscuit itself. (the dressed knob)

Thanks for that @cube48!

I got my Biscuit today and I’m having a blast exploring it with various bits of gear.

Noob question:

If I engage the vibrato effect then exit Brain mode, is there a way for the Clock knob to resume control of the sample rate without having turn off said effect?

It seems odd that Clock still controls an effect parameter when not in Brain/effect mode, unless sample rate is just not an option for certain effects.