PDF manual for the OP-Z (current version: 1.2.14 incl. OS changelogs, modules, hyperlinks)

Hey community,

it took me a lot of time and nerves, but I can now proudly present my new version of the PDF-Manual for the OP-Z.
I finally rebuilt the whole formatting in Word (tables were the perfect solution), screenshot each pictogram, added a contents-section and bookmarks for navigation inside the PDF.

The formatting should also be perfectly printable! It’s now 64 pages all together. And you won’t have all-grey pages anymore :slight_smile:

The quality of the pictures might differ a bit. I think the pictograms are quite ok, tables containing text are a bit blurry. But that should not be a dealbreaker. Perhaps I’ll find time to convert them into Word-tables some time later.

Please feel free to let me know about any mistakes. I did not double-check each and every paragraph :slight_smile:

EDIT: latest Download-Link:

32 Likes

This is excellent. Thanks!

1 Like

nice one, cheers x

1 Like

THANKS!!!
:upside_down_face:
edit: it is great!

1 Like

Jeepers, this must have been a lot of work!

Edit: I gotta say, the search functionality of the PDF is almost more useful than having a print edition at hand. Amazing!

1 Like

Nice work! Thanks for doing this.

1 Like

Many thanks. It’s great - much appreciated!

1 Like

A great many thanks for this :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

You are a hero! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!
Do you think the bookmarks and search functionality of a PDF are “enough”?

I on purpose got rid of all those “read more about it HERE” at the end of some paragraphs in the online manual, since I thought it would be odd if you chose to print the PDF.

Thank you so much. This is really useful.

As for the “read more about it HERE”
Obviously it requires a bit more work but, I guess you can add links within the same pdf

1 Like

Yes it would be easy to place the links inside the PDF. But it would look stupid/be useless if printed and I didn’t feel it to be too important. Perhaps I’ll add them after the next update.

Thanks for this!

1 Like

Fabulous work and much appreciated. I discovered (on a bus last week!) that the manual “built in” to the app requires an internet connection to open, which quite frankly is ridiculous.

The icing on the cake would be if you could use capital letters in all the right places vs TE’s trendy look at us we’re so cool we don’t have a shift key on our keyboards.

Once again, thankyou!

2 Likes

You’re a hero! I’ve been using a janky “Print to PDF” version for the last several months which is annoying since there aren’t any links and the page breaks are in really inconvenient ways. The usability of this PDF is significantly better.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for all your friendly and helpful feedback! I will try to improve the file from time to time.

I just added two chapters for the existing modules. I left out all the “installing” information, since it’s quite selfexplanatory, how to insert the modules into your op-z :wink:

2 Likes

I thought about that at first, but I just wanted to get it done in the end :smiley:
It would also mean, that the formatting then differs from some of the screenshots including text, which would not be healthy for my OCD :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much! One of my biggest frustrations with the OP-Z app is that the manual inside the app is only available if you have an internet connection. They don’t actually embed it in the app for some reason, which makes looking something up while writing music out and about impossible. This will help a ton, thanks again!

2 Likes

You are my hero! Thank-you for this, it looks awesome!

1 Like

Wow, thanks so much for putting so much time and effort to do this and then share it with the community. Happy Thanksgiving

1 Like