Playing the Op-1 from a external midi keyboard

Hey guys,…I’ve noticed that when I play my Op-1 from my midi keyboard I do not have access to the full octave range of the OP-1. It only seems to allow me to play the range of the OP-1’s physical keyboard. Is this correct? Seems like from a midi keyboard I should be able to play all the way through the full -4 to +4 octave range of the OP-1.

Thanks

Seems to be ok now. :smiley:

Hey, I am wondering what device do you use to connect OP-1 with midi controller to play OP-1 through the keyboard midi controller?

1 Like
Hey guys,....I've noticed that when I play my Op-1 from my midi keyboard I do not have access to the full octave range of the OP-1. It only seems to allow me to play the range of the OP-1's physical keyboard. Is this correct? Seems like from a midi keyboard I should be able to play all the way through the full -4 to +4 octave range of the OP-1.

Thanks

Hey, I am wondering what device do you use to connect OP-1 with midi controller to play OP-1 through the keyboard midi controller?

It could be achieved using just some MIDI controller with USB, OP-1 connected by USB and some DAW (i use Ableton) or using Midi cables and some audio interface (working for me too).

Yes I use Ableton as well, this is how I’m able to play the OP-1 from an external midi controller.

hi, im trying to get ableton to control the op-1 but even though i have it connect and working im gettin a crazy noise chatter?

can get ride of it with the usb charge on and off trick either… any help?
running a macbook pro, rme ucx, op-1 into the rme and usb from the op-1 direct into the macbook.
i even get noise with out the op-1 turned on!

Cheers,
Adrien

ok, i sorted it out through trial and error.

basically if i have my external hd’s connected to the hub the op is connected to it introduces all this digital cross talk and noise.
Having the op direct to the computer or the op on the hub with the hd direct pretty much stops the problem.
now im wondering if a better qaulity hub or even a powered hub would be a good idea…

Still having noise issues with the usb connected!
Anyone’s else?

Does anyone know how you control the Op-1 using a midi keyboard through ableton?

Connect the usb to the op-1, select a midi channel in ableton, select its output to be the op-1 on channel 1, and your good to go!

I can play the op1 using Ableton or reason. No problem. What I want to know is there a way to play VOP one directly with the midi controller without the computer or the DAW?

I meant the op1 obviously. Fucking voice recognition…

ive been using my ipad with a usb splitter(not powered) and am able to connect several midi devices no problem. all powered form the ipad. i use an app called midi bridge and i can use my 88 key on my op1 PLUS VELOCITY!!! its a super useful app and i am able to connect and route several usb to midi cables with no problem. currently i have the op1; keyboard; qunexus; fcb1010 foot pedals; nanokorg fader thingy all connected at the same time no problem.

ive been using my ipad with a usb splitter(not powered) and am able to connect several midi devices no problem. all powered form the ipad. i use an app called midi bridge and i can use my 88 key on my op1 PLUS VELOCITY!!!!!!!! its a super useful app and i am able to connect and route several usb to midi cables with no problem. currently i have the op1; keyboard; qunexus; fcb1010 foot pedals; nanokorg fader thingy all connected at the same time no problem.

How do you set midi bridge to receive and send? I’ve found info on connecting apps within the iOS but not external gear.

CCk-Usb splitter or hub- usb to midi cables or audio interface with midi.

In midi bridge press the input device on the left and then press one of the objects on the right to output too. Use midi monitor to make sure the midi messages you want are being seen by the ipad. its very easy and pretty self explanatory. Good luck!

1 Like

Yeah I emailed the guy and found out that I need a USB adapter for the iPhone. -_-

The build is almost complete.!

The only thing that doesn’t work on my CME-Pro XKey keyboard (connected through Midi Bridge) is the sustain button.

Everything else works fine, so not sure why that does’t work.

Can anyone else with a different keyboard confirm whether their sustain button/pedal works with the OP-1 please?
1 Like

try midi monitor(its an app) see if the sustain button is sending any midi msgs. if yes then im sure there should be a way to route it to do anything. sustain button on my qunexus k board works perfectly.

try midi monitor(its an app) see if the sustain button is sending any midi msgs. if yes then im sure there should be a way to route it to do anything. sustain button on my qunexus k board works perfectly.

Thanks - will do :slight_smile: