Please Update Oplab Petition

I’ve had my Oplab 1 week but not had a chance to use it yet, with my 2 Op-1s. I would however appreciate TE getting it fixed ASAP. As other members have mentioned, it would be good to know the Oplab’s fully functioning if & when my requirements grow/change.

Chop Chop, TE!! ; )

I wonder if it has to do with the different hardware revisions @darenager. Mine is 1.2 iirc, which as far as I know is the most recent.

Which is one of the reasons why I asked this question.
http://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/342/oplab-te003-same-thing#latest

1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 (different processor, the old one is no longer manufactured, don’t know the differences between 1.0 and 1.1, possibly something to do with LEDs or switches maybe). I keep forgetting to flip mine over and double check my theory on TE003. I’ve never, ever seen it called a “TE003” anywhere by TE.

update found a pic of the underside, nothing jumps out as a serial number. Really the best thing to do would be to ask TE, I’ve seen this “TE003 Synthesizer Connector” on mostly UK sites, but a few non-UK. I’m positive it’s the same thing.

Thanks!

@deranger It sends out gates, but when you have a series of fast gates, I noticed it tends to lump them into one long one. I think it has to do with multiple notes of the same value sent out one after another. I see this happening in both finger sequencers on the drum and synth side.

lol @piotr… deranger >.> @darenager

ha ha! this is where autofill would be nice… :slight_smile:
sorry @darenager !

Throwing in my two cents… Respectfully asking for a proper update to correct known issues. Thanks TE!

Totally agree, oplab need an update. As a consumer, I have the feeling that promises features are not required yet.

I just purchased this device with my op-1
I had wrongly assumed ther would be a patch editor available.
To learn that there are major bugs and stability issues as well as no proper editor has made me a little bitter.
Come on TE, go buy a case of red bull and knock this sh*t out over a weekend…or at least release the source code into the wild so others can do your work for you.

It is useable in its most basic form, but yes it is quite long overdue for an update to complete the functionality which was advertised.

What really pisses me off is that it actually does not reliably do what it is supposed to be doing! The few modes that are supposedly implemented constantly break up, require restrts, and some just plain don’t work. In short: the manual (as lame and barely comrehensive as it is) describes stuff that is impossible to accomplish. Case in point: Mode 2 “USB Frenzy” … never works as described. Eeeeh, can you tell I am a little sour on this one?

Maybe I’m dense, but can someone explain how to determine the mode you are in? I realize it’s supposed to be ‘binary’, but the LED sequences don’t seem to cycle logically. I usually just use trial/error to (hopefully) determine what mode it’s currently in. It drives me nuts.

Maybe I’m dense, but can someone explain how to determine the mode you are in? I realize it’s supposed to be ‘binary’, but the LED sequences don’t seem to cycle logically. I usually just use trial/error to (hopefully) determine what mode it’s currently in. It drives me nuts.

There are actually numbers written on the dial!

There are actually numbers written on the dial!

Whoa, really? I must be going blind! Thanks, man.

I did the same thing too @wingo don’t feel too bad lol…

I did the same thing too @wingo don't feel too bad lol...

Lol ya, was going to mention some veterans on the board had the same prob so don’t sweat it! haha!

Even knowing that the numbers are there, it is still difficult to tell where you are… I certainly have to pick the unit up every time I need to try and reset it…

I’ll be headed to the NAMM show on Saturday. I’ll be checking out the new TE gadgets (and probably buying one or all… Assuming they’re still in stock by Saturday). I will also be sharing with them our concerns with the lack of updates on the Oplab. Hopefully I’ll be able to talk to someone there who will step it up when it comes to the updating process… I’ll keep you posted! :slight_smile: