po-14 only in key of C

@masterofstuff124

it’s like the Nanoloop Structure. so you choose a Note and have to tweak and modulate it out of Scale! Experimenting.

Kombination is the rare essence of these little twitches. I think its not that problem, wrap yourself around, like i said in earlier posts. :slight_smile:

Like Neo said, there are only two possible explanations:

- They wanted to allow for a full (?) 2 octaves keyboard instead of 1-1/3.

- The display has only 7-segment digits, so it would be hard to show a ‘#’ sign.

Well, maybe this is another interaction of the Matrix and there are other explanations this time…

After sleeping on it I still HAVE TO HAVE all 3… Agh I’m such a fanboy. Good thing I write in A minor a lot!

@JohnnyEgo nano loop has sharps and flats. I love that tracker! I’m so disappointed in TE. I feel like I’ve been hoodwinked. no mention of this scale lock bullshit. I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS CHILDRENS TOY! I don’t think you can modulate into sharp/flat territory but I will experiment. Now it seems like the PO-12 is the only actually useful one but I have a volca sample. I can’t beilive I’m Gonna say this but fuck you TE.

…you are right with nano loop. thought first its the same with the po’s.

maybe its a good compliance for the OP1… PO’s stay on that scale and the operator wraps around with out of tune stuff and things like that.

Combination with play styles is also very good sounding and has a lot of potential.

@masterofstuff124 have you sent a note to TE support inquiring on this? I’d be very interested to hear their reasoning

Yes of course. @sammyjams I sent it hours before opening this thread. No response yet. How I feel about TE.

You were the chosen one!: http://youtu.be/QiZNSzWIaLo

Like Neo said, there are only two possible explanations:

- They wanted to allow for a full (?) 2 octaves keyboard instead of 1-1/3.

- The display has only 8-segment digits, so it would be hard to show a '#' sign.

Well, maybe this is another interaction of the Matrix and there are other explanations this time...

I would find option 2 very hard to believe. They could use “-” for flats and “+” for sharps

Yes of course. @sammyjams I sent it hours before opening this thread. No response yet. How I feel about TE.

You were the chosen one!: http://youtu.be/QiZNSzWIaLo

Ahaha… Yeah, I figured you would have inquired. I’m sorry for you pain :frowning:

I'm a bit sorry to see how upset people get about this POs matter. First the delays, now this scale limitation...
What is it that you've been promised to feel that cheated ?

Why be so pissed off ? If one doesn't like the 60€ toy, one can still return it, or better sell it 2nd hand, no ? Seeing the limited market, I guess it should resell easy, perhaps even higher than the official site.

I don't look for fight, I come in peance :) So please excuse me if my words get you more upset, my goal is the opposite.
Frustration in recent posts is tangible : it's just a THING, let's get back to Earth...

Now let's talk about getting around the limitation, let's get creative ^^
Which scales are OK with playing in Am/C ?
Can't one create a controllable pitch shifter ?
Can someone like Punji hack the thing and get it done through the PO ?
Is it OK to sample it in real time in OT and get to the scale we want ?
What are the workarounds ?

Wonder if the play modes allow for transposition? It could be that in order for the arpeggios and chord modes there was simply not enough memory to allow for the other 5 (essential!) notes, there must be a workaround surely? It is kind of bizarre that no-one has mentioned this until now, especially the review sites and artists that got them early, and of course that TE did not mention it, or even Cuckoo, he is usually always on point.

In the scheme of things personally I am not that bothered by it, but it sure is weird - if it is the case, that this was not mentioned anywhere before.

You know @LyingDalai I was also sad when reading the other thread with everyone complaining about the whole in stock over bought issue. Several times I wanted to comment and put everyone in place. But the more I’d think about it the more I’d experience sonder. And then empathize with these people I initially wanted to bash. They had thought one way and were presented another. A common mistake but in that case heart wrenching nonetheless.

I love TE. I love their innovations; their sense of style. Even their laid back attitude. When they announced the PO’s I thought this was the thing I had been waiting for. Super portable. Endlessly usable. An instruemtn I could pour my soul and years of my life into.

When media of the device became available I spent all my free time consuming it. I wanted to make sure I knew everything about the device. This was after all gonna be my new “instrument.” I don’t know how else to put this but I CONSUMED ALL THE MEDIA.this key limitation was never mentioned. Is it so crazy to assume it would be chromatic?

I have a very Can do attitude. I build make fix destroy. It is what I Love. I can make the PO work. And holy shit it does work. It is an amazing squeezebox capable of churning out some of the most innovative and fun music I’ve made in awhile. But am I wrong to think I was lied too? They never once mentioned this insane limitation for a “synthesizer” I had hopes of using the calculator keybed just to jam live with a band. I’m the operator with my pocket calculator etc…

I had the intention of spending more time with the PO’s than my op-1.

Finally it is just a thing. And this is a forum for discussing that thing.

I also come in peace and I love every one of you. I even love TE. I just feel cheated mostly because it seems like such a simple issue…

Edit- ofcourse there are workarounds. I’m so disheartened I don’t want to bother with them. I think the PO will be a wonderful gift for one of the young ones in my family! Still a great product. Just suddenly less musician friendly…

@darenager I’m most upset at the reviewers. How could a musician who is reviewing something miss that. I don’t know who to trust anymore.

I realize this is whining but I just want to paint a complete image for people tuning in. I’ll shut up now.

I will report back with more findings. Its not like the PO isn’t fun to play with!

I just looked at the PO page again, and looking at the diagram for the punch in play styles there are 12 positions which I assume correspond to the 12 notes of the octave, so maybe although the display does not show the notes they could be accessible using some way? Just a theory though!

I just looked at the PO page again, and looking at the diagram for the punch in play styles there are 12 positions which I assume correspond to the 12 notes of the octave, so maybe although the display does not show the notes they could be accessible using some way? Just a theory though!

@darenager I was thinking the same thing earlier. For example if you engage a play style on F, wouldn’t it naturally use the Bb in the Fmaj scale? If so, where does it get it from?

@masterofstuff124 You made me learn a new word! :slight_smile:

http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/23536922667/sonder

On the plus side, this might make my decision between the Rhythm and Factory easier…but damn.

Shitcan the fucking alarm clock and give me all the god-damned notes -_-

ahem.

Seriously, though, how was this missed by anyone with their hands on it? Unless it’s not this simple and there is a way to get the notes, and so nobody thought to mention it because it isn’t actually a thing.