po-14 only in key of C

Okay so I’m home experimenting if anyone has some ideas. Effect number 15 raises the note value a semitone. So you can get sharps and flats. But at the expense of the effects as you can only have one effect active at a time. Which is shit and not a solution to the problem. Looks like they have some issue and solved it with an effect which is a horrible solution…

@TimeRaveler I only have the sub and can’t comment on the factories abilities. But yes it seems the po-12 is the winner.

@krism the alarm clock woke me up this morning. That shit is so loud. I jumped right outta bed. Pretty effective lol.

Maybe the people reviewing it only use “the white keys” since it’s so easy to make it sound good. Isn’t something like 90% of EDM made in the key of C? >.>

But I wouldn’t lump @cuckoo into that camp, either.

Is the cost making people just not give a fuck? “Pfft, this thing is the price of a video game, fuck off if you don’t like it being locked to one key.” etc.

Mine haven’t shipped yet and this is really giving me pause. I’m all for “working within the limits of the machine” but this is a pretty ridiculous limit, and there’s no real hope of updating it unless someone figures out how to hack these things and add it.

whinge whinge whinge…

I guess we should all get familiar with this:

img-main-1-modes_of_c_major_scale

So using effect 15 and skipping the use of other effects I am able to get other keys jamming nicely. Between that p locks(automation) and play styles I’m able to easily get some grooves going. But the sequencer is dead in my mind. I cant actually lay down notes it’s more of a random affair with the semitone up effect. Still bummed. Sounds good though…

@masterofstuff124 Really nicely expressed man. I understand your position and your sorrow/frustration.

Plus “sonder” is a nice word, thx for putting it @punji.

So basically PO-14 =

Well… Plus a sequencer and some effects.
A pity really.

Yet I think I’ll still have fun with it :slight_smile:
Seems that as @sammyjams pointed out, it will be the opportunity to work the modes of C major ^^

@LyingDalai but I got the blues

familiar with those in bass clef, so I should hit the ground running with Sub >.>

el oh el.

@masterofstuff124 According to the manual, effect 15 is “parameter lfo”… how does that work?

^ lfo on pitch param might bend it up a semitone

from TE regarding this matter.

"Hello Maasterofstuff124,

Correct. Use play styles or effects to transpose steps or sequences.

Kindly,
Teenage Engineering"

I havent noticed any playstyles that alter the note but it is difficult to tell.

oddly now that TE has confirmed this limitation I feel better about the whole situation. MY LORD AND SAVIOR HAS SPOKEN. thanks TE.

And here is a video demonstrating the locked to C nature of the po-14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI-dsGqHoQM

and here is a video for @punji showing off the nothing to do with an LFO; lfo effect- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfbABbmmDo

shouldn’t that be a play style though? I mean I see you’re holding the fx button. but do any playstyles do that too maybe?

TE seems to think so. itll require more investigation on my part.

And here is a video demonstrating the locked to C nature of the po-14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI-dsGqHoQM

and here is a video for @punji showing off the nothing to do with an LFO; lfo effect- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfbABbmmDo

Octopuses n shit! : D

Pocket Operators - You can play any key you want, as long as it’s the key of C.

Or you’re willing to give up the fx slot >.>

most recent response from my on going conversation with TE.

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for following up. This design was chosen because it best fit the format. The philosophy was to make it as easy as possible to let anyone create a melody that sounds good, especially when playing together with friends. FX15 is ‘half note up’ which can be punched-in per step.

Kindly,
Teenage Engineering

I guess that’s that. Maybe putting the half note up as a play style would have made more sense to me, or maybe not, but I don’t think it’s a deal breaker.