PO-32 Tonic!!

https://ask.audio/articles/teenage-engineering-releases-po-32-tonic-drum-synth-with-mic-export-feature

Whoa, cool! Not really clear on what the mic is for though?

Mic is for data transfer from software.

This looks pretty cool if your in the market for a drum machine, have a PC/Mac and already have gear that would play well with it.

Whoa, cool! Not really clear on what the mic is for though?
There's a video in there, the mic is used to receive data transmitted via speakers. Pretty cool. :)

http://gizmo.do/TTvRdDt

Don’t really understand the utility of microtonic if it enables mic record

I wonder if the microphone import/export will also have instructions for the A/B parameter knobs? Or if the parameters will be

• the same across all drum channels -or-
  • Specific to each drum channel, similar to po-12
Either way, another fantastic idea for a PO. μtonic is a beast for techno drums. One of the best drum synthesis vsts I’ve ever used

This looks pretty cool if your in the market for a drum machine, have a PC/Mac and already have gear that would play well with it.

So basically it is a portable controler for a specific drum machine VST.

The previous POs are instant fun, you don’t need any configuration or any other gear to use them… Sorry TE but this is the first PO I will not buy

Don’t want to be a party breaker though, I know a lot of you guys will probably like it :slight_smile:

Come on, you can save your patterns and recall them !!

I was so sad when I had to erase some very nice sounds out of the PO-16, I’m so glad one now offers to exchange data with a computer…
And I though I would never buy POs again…

:smiley:

So I assume without the VST it works just like any other 16 sound PO? Where there are 16 presets that are editable by the A+B knobs…If anything it seems like it would be cheaper/same price as the others (from a marketing standpoint, enticing you to also buy the software), but I can see how the production cost would be higher on this one.

Kind of a volca sample po, if I understand it correctly. In somehow…

So this a volca sample po, if I understand it correctly.

I don’t think it uses samples. Seems like it has the same synthesis engine as microtonic and you can transfer stuff back and forth. Synth based only?

So basically it is a portable controler for a specific drum machine VST.

The previous POs are instant fun, you don’t need any configuration or any other gear to use them… Sorry TE but this is the first PO I will not buy

Don’t want to be a party breaker though, I know a lot of you guys will probably like it :slight_smile:

The video doesn’t show it being a controller…

Is more like generate a set of sounds in your VST/AU transfer them to your PO and take them anywhere.
The microphone works picking up the modulated audio and then the MCU decodes the data that turns into a sample playable by the PO. Unless the PO has a sort of VST engine in there.

Awesome!!!

Come on, you can save your patterns and recall them !!
I was so sad when I had to erase some very nice sounds out of the PO-16, I'm so glad one now offers to exchange data with a computer...
And I though I would never buy POs again...

:D

Ok you can save your patterns. But it is a drum and percussion synth, which means saving paterns is - for me - far less interesting than it would be on a PO-16 or PO-28 for instance.

Plus using a computer… It is a crime for such portable devices as the Pocket Operators

Yes, it’s not a controller per se. Has same synth engine as the Microtonic, but you will be able to assign two values to the A / B knobs. For under £100 it seems like a pretty nifty device. Bought and sold all the other POs, might just try and avoid this altogether but can see the attraction.

neat

I understand you can use all of the features -minus backup- without a computer ain’t it?

It would be great if you could save the presets in a recorder or the OP-1 without a computer. I do think this might be possible as well!

and minus changing the kit I believe?

I understand you can use all of the features -minus backup- without a computer ain’t it?

It would be great if you could save the presets in a recorder or the OP-1 without a computer. I do think this might be possible as well!