PO-32 Tonic!!

We now know what the mic symbol is for.

I really like the little picture and I cannot wait to listen to the sounds which are on it from the start. Personally I am not very interested in connecting it to the computer, but till now most of TE ideas were quite good and easy and fast to do, so … I ll wait for the release and I am really happy that a new PO is released :slight_smile:

That’s great news! A couple of years back Sonic Charge’s Synplant was my favorite vst synth. It’s engaging to see both companies working together, a PO-34 ‘Synplant’ would be the best news ever for me :slight_smile:

I love the idea of recording data from the editor to OP1 or my phone, but what would really make this 100% portable is an iOS/Android version of the microtonic drum synth.

I love the idea of recording data from the editor to OP1 or my phone, but what would really make this 100% portable is an iOS/Android version of the microtonic drum synth.

Or even better, this kind of app and technology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMt_0WVx9XE

Whoa!!! and this is what theyre leading in with?? can’t wait to hear what else theyve got planned. TE seems to always leave the best for last

Really looking forward to this. Finally my own custom PO sounds.

If you could share sounds without the sonic charge VST,ie via this site - that would swing it for me.
It’s bound to be good out the box sounds though …
I still haven’t got me self a PO 12…I wonder , this may be a better one ,regardless of software integration .

Wonder if the “Lock” is a break-off tab and represents a once-only use-case?

CB

Microtonic is awesome. Make baselines and all kinds of sounds too! Pretty powerful drum synth.

I am all for Sonic Charge making the money he deserves – but it would be really nice to have some way of creating and loading new sounds on the go. I wonder if the signal could be reverse engineered some way. Or even if he just created a simple app to make some quick changes that would be awesome. As is, $140 for the PO and the software for something less convenient feels excessive.

Transfer is very much like the TC electronic tone print pedals then. Really not a big deal. If microtonic was an iOS/android app that would be fantastic.

Transfer is very much like the TC electronic tone print pedals then. Really not a big deal. If microtonic was an iOS/android app that would be fantastic.

This is the only thing that could decide me to buy it :slight_smile:

The previous POs are instant fun, you don't need any configuration or any other gear to use them...

You don’t need the VST for the Tonic-PO, you can have lots of fun with the factory sounds, like on the other POs.

But now you have an OPTION to build your very own sounds.

most of us where wrong by guessing a PO sampler. another drum operator is not bad but we have to see how it stands out from the PO-12.

editing and transferring sounds from the PC is nice to have but isn’t the whole point of hardware and drum machines to be away from the computer and have a limited set of sounds to be creative?

So… TE usually drops these in batches of 3… (I hope) Just wanted to point that out. Yeah, with the while mic thing now out in the open, it would be great to have a PO sampler. #PO-36

most of us where wrong by guessing a PO sampler. another drum operator is not bad but we have to see how it stands out from the PO-12.

editing and transferring sounds from the PC is nice to have but isn't the whole point of hardware and drum machines to be away from the computer and have a limited set of sounds to be creative?

It’s not like your going to be transferring sounds all the time. You make a sample set that your happy with and jam without a computer and once you get bored of those sounds you can just make new ones.

PO-32 kind of sounds interesting, but hopefully TE will do a better job of explaining the relationship between this PO and Microtonic, and what kind of things you can do with the PO standalone. The confusion on this thread is evidence of that.

I THINK it’s a standalone player for Microtonic drumsynth patches and patterns. But it’s not clearly explained if you can make new patterns on the PO-32 - without a computer - and what sound tweaking is possible, if any at all.

PO-32-front-1024x640
Here is the front and backside via ‘Create Digital Music’. They have a story about Jespers daughter who designed the display graphics…

So what could this ‘lock’ break out do?!

Personally, just from the pre-release info we have, it's great. For all other judgements, I'll wait. Because this is pretty wild and unexpected what they could cram into a $89 pocket device. Even with the $140 software bundle, what other little drum machine can do this (glitchy custom drum synthesis) at this price? Maybe the Bastl Trinity Drum?

I don't get why everyone is still so obsessed over a sampler though.