PO Cases

So does anyone think the TE cases are even made yet? Are they probably waiting to clear more PO orders?

Another DIY option would be these cheap silicone business card holders. The dimensions seem almost perfect and could even cover the batteries. The only problem is labelling the rubber silicone properly and seeing the LED lights. What do you think?!

http://www.momoilo.com/Business-Card-Case-p/yoroshiku.htm

yoroshiku-2T

yorosikuslot

I’ll buy a PO-12 the minute a 3rd party (or TE) releases a case that isn’t completely ghetto. I want something that is tough, hard and non-flexible. So it can, you know - go in my pocket. A certain level of rigidity would also give me more confidence when mashing buttons. I just have visions of completely snapping the PCB but even slightly bending a PCB can cause tiny breaks in the tracks.

A miniature MPC style membrane for the buttons would also be neat, but more importantly, the ideal case must protect the screen and of course it should also minimise the likelihood of fluid incursion; without necessarily being truly waterproof (a button membrane would help with that).

In this day and age of rapid prototyping and material science, I don’t think I’m asking for much but I certainly won’t be paying a penny for TE’s shoddy “solution”.

I guess what’s put a bee in my bonnet is that there’s a distinct whiff of the disposable about the current incarnation of the PO’s and their repective shoddy cases. That’s pretty uncontionable in a world already choked by the waste of a flawed economic model gone wild. Please fix this TE, I want to give you my money!

After a few weeks of use, bringing them anywhere, my first need for a case is something that can carry them all and prevent anything to hit a button, as it switch them on automatically.

I’m thinking of a wood case where I can just slide them and take them off.
Or something like this ?

@LyingDalai did you end up getting a wood case?

I’ll build it. I got the wood. Soon will come the case :slight_smile:

IMG_20150310_185321

Close, but no cigar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVE3EHdI49o&spfreload=10&ab_channel=HenricWallmark

Entertaining How to VId, from one of our members. Not sure if he’s posted it yet.

I want some of that blinking eye paint! Good job :slight_smile:

I just found this video @Kites

Really cool ideas in there :slight_smile:

And the final video is so crazy !!

I am curious what people are looking for in a PO case. It seems clear that the price of the TE ones is off-putting to most people. But what would be the ideal case?

1 case per PO -or- 1 unified case for multiple POs? 1 case per PO would allow for expandability as the PO-XA/B come out, but would mean getting a case each time.

Full case or just cover the back? Is covering the front a necessity?

What about shape and form factor?

Any feedback would be great, as I am trying to figure out what a widely accepted case setup would look like for the POs. Thanks!

I would vote for the cheapest single case that would reasonably protect it against falls.

I am curious what people are looking for in a PO case. It seems clear that the price of the TE ones is off-putting to most people. But what would be the ideal case?

1 case per PO -or- 1 unified case for multiple POs? 1 case per PO would allow for expandability as the PO-XA/B come out, but would mean getting a case each time.

Full case or just cover the back? Is covering the front a necessity?

What about shape and form factor?

Any feedback would be great, as I am trying to figure out what a widely accepted case setup would look like for the POs. Thanks!

The perfect case for me would be the T.E case, but with built in screen protection and made so you can keep the hanger tab and metal stand on with the case. Also, of course, as cheap as possible. I guess the hard part is making it generic to fit each PO without custom printing for the button graphics.

front and back coverage. single cases fine for now. support and added stability for jack, maybe provision for larger jack (a la monolith).

This is the best home made best case/peripheral I’ve seen so far :wink:

Ally Mobbs - finished hacking my mini drum machine

^wowza that is epic @mec1

^^From a circuit perspective, it should br all passive stuff, just 16 wires connecting the PO keys to the board buttons, plus one wire for ground.

This is the best home made best case/peripheral I've seen so far ;)

https://www.facebook.com/allythemobbs/videos/10153233010571054/

Kinda defeats the purpose of a pocket synth IMO but still a very cool project!

^^^It would be cool to do a variant that uses an Arduino+MIDI instead of the buttons…

^^^It would be cool to do a variant that uses an Arduino+MIDI instead of the buttons...

Midi would be pretty awesome for the PO’s, especially if you could control the Knobs and write/param buttons. You could program some crazy automation with Live.