Pocket Operator Cases

Hello everyone,

Ordered my first pocket operator the PO33 a few days ago and am looking into options for cases.

What cases are you currently using?

I’m looking for something compact and durable that offers full body protection

Thank you,

Ol larry

1 Like

Hi! I own 6 po:s and I bought three silicon cases. It protects well but po:s are much more fun to use without cover. I recommend to buy a soft bag where you can fit po-33 and few others you will buy in near future and just take them to table and patch when you are playing.

@pmastah

Hi! I own 6 po:s and I bought three silicon cases. It protects well but po:s are much more fun to use without cover. I recommend to buy a soft bag where you can fit po-33 and few others you will buy in near future and just take them to table and patch when you are playing.
I going to heavily consider this, you're not the first person i've heard it from.

Perhaps i'll laser cut a wooden box to house it and it's friends.

Thank you for the comment.

I just bought a case recently to one of my POs. It is disappointing, because, it looks good for sure, but not so good for use. Because you cannot feel with your finger if you really pressed a button or not (that click). The silicone makes it so continuous you can not feel the limit where it is actually pressed. You can rely only on the screen and the sound of course for feedback.

I hope I can somehow improve this with some manual hacking, eg. cutting out parts or inserting harder material into the case… because it really looks better with the case on.
Do you have any ideas on how to do this?
I just bought a case recently to one of my POs. It is disappointing, because, it looks good for sure, but not so good for use. Because you cannot feel with your finger if you really pressed a button or not (that click). The silicone makes it so continuous you can not feel the limit where it is actually pressed. You can rely only on the screen and the sound of course for feedback.
I hope I can somehow improve this with some manual hacking, eg. cutting out parts or inserting harder material into the case... because it really looks better with the case on.
Do you have any ideas on how to do this?

I imagine that you cant feel the click because the silicon is damping the vibration from the click. So you never actually feel the feed back. The only was I could see this being fixed is if the button covers on the case are made of a hard solid material.

I was looking at the transparent dich studio cases, and they seem to have this characteristic. The hard plastic button covers may provide less damping. However there is a layer of adhesive between the PO buttons and the button cover which may add some damping. To what extent idk, but it must be better than the silicon cases from TE.

https://dichstudios.com/collections/po-gear/products/po-case-diy-kit

I cant find any other manufactures for solid cases like this. At the moment i’m considering to fabricate my own.

The general purpose CA-X (I think that’s the name) case that came out for the PO-32 is meant to be generally applicable to any Pocket Operator. I just looked at mine this morning to confirm if it had a hole for the microphone input on the metal series (PO-32, PO-33, PO-35) and it does. Don’t know how well it (the microphone hole) works though but I like the case and the lanyard that comes with it for wearing the PO around the neck. Kindof a strange pain to get it onto a PO. I had hoped it would be easy to take on and off and I could just have one case and put it on any PO I wanted to carry around in a strange city.

Yeah I have the one silicon CA-X case for my PO-32 (the first pocket operator I bought), and didn’t end up getting cases for any of the others (I have them all now). Just didn’t love the feel of the silicon when using it, and needing to remove the ring was a bit of a downer (I like to hang them on little hooks I have on the wall near my desk when I’m not using them). I have this handgun case that lots of people use for the OP-1:

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Single-Handgun-6-Inch-Revolver/dp/B000H8ZWYE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1517600550&sr=8-4&keywords=handgun+case

I’ll post a picture later, but I can fit 4-6 POs in there depending how I arrange them. I don’t see myself ever wanting to bring more than that with me anywhere. I also have this small hard drive case that I use when just transporting one PO:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-External-Hard-Drive-Case/dp/B00F5CKWBA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1517600645&sr=1-3&keywords=hard+drive+case

Well, I 've just received my PO Speak yesterday (ordered last friday directly from Teenage). I ordered the CA-X case too and comparing with the one I already own for my PO Sub (the dedicated one), there is improvement. The silicone is thinner around button shape so pressing is more sensitive on the CA-X. With my Sub case I had a hard time sometimes telling if I pressed or not the button. It’s not anymore a problem with this case. Leds do shine way better too. So overall, the serigraphy is less fun, no funky button icons but it does the job.

1 Like

CA-X costs 10€ more than the eariler cases, but made from less siliconet: thinner around the buttons, and also a hole for microphone. Nice job TE

1 Like

@szb9 +10€ for the extra engineering, it’s a technology update, silicone modeling ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys,
I found some very cheap hard plastic, padded cases that perfectly fits the POs.
I got them from dhgate.com for a few bucks, they are out of stock from the same seller I bough them from but you can find the same product searching for Waterproof Survival Case.
The smaller one fits a single PO and by cutting a bit of foam it have enough room for earbuds and a short 3.5 cable

while the bigger one can hold a PO with the hanger tab still attached and several extras such as batteries, earbuds, cables and so on

3 Likes

wow, those cases look pretty perfect! Nice to have some small cases to throw in a bag and not worry about them getting damaged

@oliodnb said:
Hi guys,
I found some very cheap hard plastic, padded cases that perfectly fits the POs.
I got them from dhgate.com for a few bucks, they are out of stock from the same seller I bough them from but you can find the same product searching for Waterproof Survival Case.
The smaller one fits a single PO and by cutting a bit of foam it have enough room for earbuds and a short 3.5 cable

while the bigger one can hold a PO with the hanger tab still attached and several extras such as batteries, earbuds, cables and so on

Just received 3 of these today, ordered from Amazon UK. Cheap as anything, don’t know how long the clips will last but boy, what a superb fit for a PO!! Many thanks for sharing!

I love my case from Dich studios! https://www.instagram.com/dichstudios/

There is a nice model available on Thingiverse if you have access to a 3d printer, or want to hire a vendor to print for you.

I’ve printed a couple, and it definitely makes me feel more comfortable throwing them in a bag.

The first one I printed was for the PO-20:

My most recent print is using a clear plastic filament, which I think does a good job of letting the light pass through.

Half price for the all purpose case here in the uk
£17.50
https://www.conranshop.co.uk/ca-x-generic-case.html?___store=uk_en&pdg=aud-218941860036:cmp-613215354:adg-29780442876:crv-260484172260:pos-none&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-r2Aod_n2wIV5obtCh1EHwOmEAEYASABEgLSj_D_BwE

Too bad they’re asking me 65 pounds to ship it to Italy…

I can’t recommend the cases by Dich Studio enough! They are the best Pocket Operator protection I’ve found by far and retain the click feeling of the PO’s buttons. The silicon Teenage Engineering sleeves suck balls in comparison. I sold all of my TE cases and replaced them with the Dich Studios versions after playing with one for a few minutes. Greg’s a great guy to work with and I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed with his stuff.

Link: https://dichstudios.com/collections/po-gear

1 Like

Here is what I`m using for my POs. It is a 3D printed case, which I found on thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:439965

I ordered these survival cases from Amazon UK. They seem similar to the orange ones above … They fit a PO perfectly, and you get three … so now I need to buy one more PO ;-|

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075WSVY7Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1