POLL! Oplab owners - any interest in an add on board that gives clock outputs? For Volca PO12 etc?

awesome!!! just in time for the weekend!

yup, just need to clear off the table I’m supposed to use for music’ing. It’s currently completely covered in Legos >.>

Jeez that took forever!

I have definitely been enjoying mine!

^ good to hear @piotr :slight_smile:

https://vine.co/v/O21qdUOrQn3

I had to pick mine up this morning before work (almost forgot to wake up early! lol… local post office is understaffed and slow) since it was registered mail and had to be signed for.

^ Bummer, hope you finally enjoy it!

so the PICAXE 08M2+ is programmed via BASIC, a programming language I actually know >.> (learning Arduino’s C or whatnot atm).

Could be fun to tailor the pulses to my specific setup. I’ve got all I need to program one, too, evidently :slight_smile:

Now that my shows are over I can start to mess around with a more synth-oriented lineup than the harsh noise stuff I’ve been using for a while now, which means, I can make crappy little sync instagrams!

https://instagram.com/p/zn9EoQFgo2/ - video of Op-1 into Oplab, Oplab Midi out to Volca Keys as I was testing its Midi capabilities, sync from synclab to Monotribe for drums. Using the crank on the tape speed to slow everything down and up. Nice!

^ A man after my own heart, love these tabletop set-ups, so fun and inspiring to just play! Nice!

didnt have my op-1 set to Beat Match and so only one led was blinking and very slowly lol. switchwd to beat match and now i have my Volca Sample all sync’d up, thanks again @darenager. also i can now clock the Volca slower than its internal sequencer will allow. ftmfw

Just a heads up that I have a new batch available, forum price is same at £49 plus shipping, I will be selling them elsewhere for £55, PM me if you want to grab one.

Any plans for a future revision using only the digital outs on the oplab has had an update???

I was going to do a few other types, including buffered ins, and buffered outs for the digital pins, but to be honest there is not enough interest to make it worthwhile, it seems that most people want everything in modular form at least as far as clocking is concerned. I find it puzzling given that case real estate is often in short supply. I sold less than 10 synclabs despite pricing them cheaper than an equivalent euro module, I’m not too worried though, but it did kind of halt my plans for any further Oplab stuff. Maybe TE will do some add-on boards though.

FYI if you do intend on connecting to the digital pins with a modular setup then I do not recommend just connecting directly to the header, the pins are +3.3v and it would be very easy to kill the Oplab, at least use some 3v3 Zener diodes to protect it.

It appears that I’m late to the game here, but if possible I’d love to purchase on of these Synclab expansion devices.

PM sent :slight_smile:

@darenager said:
Yes it is trigger outputs only, and yes it will work with Oplab as master or using mode zero and setting the OP1 or other midi device as master - all scenarios covered :wink:

Do you still sell these?

They have all gone, but if there is enough interest I could get another run of boards made.