POLL! Oplab owners - any interest in an add on board that gives clock outputs? For Volca PO12 etc?

Also, looks like TE is looking to hire someone to work specifically on Oplab.
At least that is how i interpret this post:

Has anyone else received their SyncLab yet?

Status of mine still says it arrived in Chicago…
seems to just be sitting there for last two days.

After saying it was sitting in Los Angeles from the 14th to the 19th, things finally went into motion this morning and I have mine delivered (in Salt Lake)… Not a lot of transparency about movement between international shipping center and destination city.

So yep! Got mine. Hope to get it installed tomorrow but I might not really get to experiment with it until next week after a show.

Still - looks great! This, along with the recent OpLab OS betas and job postings at TE, is making me happy I got the Lab. (Plus, I’ve had so much fun playing various CV gear with my Op-1 already).

USPS tracking is notoriously bad @jshell

yes! it is awesome! got mine and now i have po and op love!

a few comments…

do the second row without connections to make the board stick a bit better… I have pulled out the board switching jacks and it would be nice not to. also it tilts if you bump the un supported side and that may add resilience.

Foreshadow but I hope soon you will be able to drive the board directly from the pin outs… : P

@Darenager great job and worth every penny or pence.

works with volca electribe and PO all verified and happy.

a desire is a switch to have the out puts in various state like synced half synced or disparate. then I can sync from one out and maintain a distinct master.

@dimi3 thanks for feedback, BTW did you install the white standoff? In my testing with that in place it was quite stable. In the user guide I recommend to hold the board whilst unplugging jacks, in case you missed it the link for the guide is earlier in the thread.

Thanks for confirming it works with PO, I was not able to test since mine have not arrived yet.

When writing the firmware I did experiment with different divisions but settled on this fixed scheme as the most generally useful divisions, there are no spare inputs or outputs on the microcontroller to have a switch sadly, but on the upside all of the pins are polled by the firware simultaneously for perfect timing.

I’m working on a few other things that might be of interest, some of which will work with SyncLab, Volcas, PO and some which work with Oplab, I will post on forum when done :wink:

On the next SyncLab revision, could I request 384ppq to sync with the Fairlight??? JUST KIDDING @darenager! Thanks for all you do, and will do! :slight_smile:

Mine arrived!
Works like a charm integrating with modular.

I agree that some solution to prevent it from easily coming out when pulling jacks would be cool. But just being mindful of this while unplugging is not a problem

Thank you for a great expander/backpack to a function-famished Oplab!

So I got the board at work and on the floor there was a stand off which I found but I did not think it was part of the synclab, just thought I dropped it earlier… now I got to figure out where I put it!

Set mine up today and … see, I needed more things to sync it with while waiting for the POs so I had to get myself a Volca keys in the lineup too. Works great!

Thanks guys, @jshell I heartily recommend the Volca sample too! @fairlight2x lend me your Fairlight and I’ll get right on it, although shipping to UK might be hefty :wink:
@piotr Yeah I even tried looking into some kind of suction cup device to hold it but could not find anything.

^^^ There is only so much that can be done short of drilling a hole in the Oplab itself… :slight_smile:
Though @dimi3 suggestion to use both rows of pins would definitely make it sturdier.

In any case, i think the expander totally rocks, and it is hugely helpful!

still waiting for mine, just says it departed Chicago on the 18th.

And we got a winter storm today so it’ll probably be delayed more lol.

@KrisM - man that is bad, the delivery service I used is supposed to arrive within 5-7 working days, I wonder if customs opened it?

it did spend a few days in Chicago before being dispatched to the USPS. But supposedly they have it, just being slow to get it from the north side of the US to the south I guess.

Or they lost it lol.

@darenager I’m also interested to buy one. I’m from Switzerland. How long should it take? :slight_smile:

@Kono77 Surething, PM me your email address :slight_smile:

Mine is finally out for delivery