Post your latest purchase (audio related)

You load them like presets. It seems really straightforward.

But I really want to dig deeper and reach the state where I program some patches.
I have a few ideas, like drawing a waveform or play with wavetables…
:slight_smile:

There's also a decent Organelle Facebook page, although quite often the patches are posted on Patch Storage too.

I love Clouds but need more than 4 knobs at one time for tweaking so nabbed a Nanokontrol on eBay.

This is probably the biggest issue with the Organelle. It’s only got 4 knobs, but a lot of the stuff has menu-diving to mess with. But: how many people are going to build patches that accept other CCs so you don’t have to go into the menus? It shouldn’t be hard to add them if you go into the editor though.

Re: Nanokontrol, I’m glad I grabbed a Beatstep Pro. Pricey but so versatile, especially with the new fw. Pretty good sequencer too :stuck_out_tongue:

OP-1 only has four knobs :wink:

There’s something appealing about being able to have a lot of different, potentially complex synthesis (and other) options, and to try and boil down the UI to a very simple set of controls. Let the depth of the synthesis options underneath provide the interesting sounds and playability.

But yes, since a few OS releases ago I know the patches got the option to have multiple ‘pages’ on the little LED screen, which I believe describe and map to those four knobs so you can page through to other settings (like the four pages of OP-1 synthesis).

I can’t wait to get my Organelle. I’m kindof excited that you can also do SuperCollider patches on it. It’s been probably 15 years since I did SuperCollider programming but once was able to perform live in the Netherlands with only an iBook G3 and a SuperCollider 2 patch. (And I think I had a custom UI that had basically four sliders. I wonder if I still have the source for that.)

I’ve been spending, God bless my wife, but all bargains.

RME Babyface pro (new)$969 AUD Boxing Day sales from store DJ

Behringer bcr2000 - $89 AUD (2nd hand) incl shipping

2nd op1 - snagged 2nd hand for $650 AUD. Have had incredibly frustrating times with the screen glitch issue on my first op1 (hoping to take it to TE for a fix when I’m Stockholm later this year), so couldn’t resist this price. Cheapest I’ve heard of.

Critter and Guitari Pocket Piano Midi.

Green! I agonised over the colour (it comes in sober silver as well) and so glad I went for green, it's part of their trademark craziness.

candg

This thing is on the list fo sho. How much?

@ludicrouSpeed Pocket Piano MIDI is pretty cool and nice sounding.

But I sold mine because it was a bit too noisy. And I don’t think it does anything the Organelle can’t do :wink:
I strongly advise to consider Organelle, if you can afford it.

Now nothing wrong with some Pocket Piano fun :smiley:

Pocket Piano + Cluster Flux + Eventide Space = Pocket Cluster in Space - YouTube

Got me a TC Ditto X4 looper for the second time and the amazing Mod Duo… So now my whole pedalboard consists of two Linux computers into unbrakeable pedal cases :slight_smile:

@ludicrouSpeed Pocket Piano MIDI is pretty cool and nice sounding.
But I sold mine because it was a bit too noisy. And I don't think it does anything the Organelle can't do ;)
I strongly advise to consider Organelle, if you can afford it.

Now nothing wrong with some Pocket Piano fun :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DqNda5Ryus

Organelle would be grand someday. Love the sound of that pocket boiee

Got me a TC Ditto X4 looper for the second time and the amazing Mod Duo... So now my whole pedalboard consists of two Linux computers into unbrakeable pedal cases :)

That Mod Dou looks amazing

I got myself an Analog Heat second hand…

Very psyched. I bought it in hope of better glueing (melting ?) my modular and the Digitakt which can sound a bit “clean” depending on the samples. I will definitely use it to warm up and destroy sounds all over the place as well so that I can then sample them back into the Digitakt :slight_smile:

I don’t have it in my hands yet but I have high hopes for this box !

One amazing trick with Analog Heat : filter e.g. the low end, then use the following envelope to drive what’s left, and keep the signal mix at noon : this way, you have a light saturation on treble only.

This device is way deeper than it may seem in the first place :wink:

Matrix 1000.

It has no editor and is mainly viewed as a preset machine. I whacked it through my RE-20 and my OT and it gave even more life to this wonderful sounding synth.

The deed is done. Just order an Op-1 for tomorrow delivery. I kept going back and forth, trying to decide between an Op-1 and a Deepmind 12 Desktop. Really happy with my decision.

FINALLY! Got my Modor NF-1m and SQ-1 bundle in last night. Glad I went with the bundle as my Elektrons are occupied at the moment, so it was quick and easy to set up the SQ-1 and NF-1m on the couch to explore a bit of the NF-1m’s built-in sounds and try sound design on it. I added a PO-32 to the SQ-1’s sync-out port this morning and recorded this quick jam of my first rough custom patch:

https://soundcloud.com/sunhil/eucci-modor-nf-1m-po-32-jamuary-quickjam

Glad to have this strange little digital synth. I’ve found myself getting drawn towards more of the Yamaha TG series but think this will be more fun as it’s actually programmable (and has lots of MIDI CC and modulation options which my TG-33 sorely lacks).

just found a sherman filter bank in my favourite record store for 20,000¥/180 bucks

just found a sherman filter bank in my favourite record store for 20,000¥/180 bucks

You lucky lucky man!!!

Y-cable splitters to use with the Softpop. strange how it always has a surprise for me. this one came out a little dark

https://soundcloud.com/eesn/01a

What a find! That’s ace

Y-cable splitters to use with the Softpop. strange how it always has a surprise for me. this one came out a little dark

https://soundcloud.com/eesn/01a

this sounds cool! this is just soft pop? Fx?

Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV1 Blackbox. Now I have a little (semi)modular-corner with three desktop units (0-coast, Dreadbox NYX, Blackbox) set up within my rig. Yes, I’ll burn in hell but what the heck.