Post your latest purchase (audio related)

Neat! I just ordered a Bastl Kastle and Dude, and a Roland Go:Mixer. I figured it was time to have fun with the portable devices again, especially for things I can bring on summer train trips and for doing noise jams with friends while traveling.

I might add Bastl’s BitRanger or Softpop to this setup along with all the POs and Monotrons and things. But for now, I’m mostly happy to finally be getting myself a mixer for all the little portables that I’ve put off getting for so long.

@jshell I’ve got the Kastle v1 already… super fun and cool! Enjoy!

I got a SoftPop from the first batch, I really like the way it sounds, but the sequencer was a bit of a disappointment to me. It doesn’t really work for saving melodies. I think it excels with processing external sound sources! Almost sold it, but I’ve had a couple of fun jams lately, and now I think it’s a keeper. =)

@vehka said:
I got a SoftPop from the first batch, I really like the way it sounds, but the sequencer was a bit of a disappointment to me. It doesn’t really work for saving melodies. I think it excels with processing external sound sources! Almost sold it, but I’ve had a couple of fun jams lately, and now I think it’s a keeper. =)

Good to hear! Ext processing was my main reason for getting vs other monosynths I was looking at. Comes Friday… pumped!

@sammyjams said:

@vehka said:

Good to hear! Ext processing was my main reason for getting vs other monosynths I was looking at. Comes Friday… pumped!

The filter on this thing is good to run modular and/or anything aux through, and it makes fine noises on its own. You get a somewhat nervous LP/BP/HP filter, and what are effectively audio-rate LFOs on the two sides, and a ton of cross-modulation, plus the six (!) external patch points and external audio input. Even tho sequencer is not really useful, but i’m sure we haven’t found all of the hacks just yet. Bastl’s own production delays haven’t really helped. All in all, a little box that can. And does.

OTO BOUM!! The trifecta is now complete…

@skintechnician Would love to hear some examples from you and hear your thoughts on it.

Oof. There’s an eBay sale thing going on today (Jun 6, at least in USA store, coupon code PICKDADSGIFT) of 20% off up to $100 USD. Which was perfect to place an order for a new 0-Coast for $100 off! Dammit.

Will be fun to play with that and the Kastle that I just got (which I sold to myself as “weird timbres without having to buy a 0-Coast!”). And to see if the 0-Coast might be compact enough to bring on summer travels (space is tight so that’s why Kastle and Dude and PO’s and Monotrons are more likely companions).

@jshell said:
Oof. There’s an eBay sale thing going on today (Jun 6, at least in USA store, coupon code PICKDADSGIFT) of 20% off up to $100 USD. Which was perfect to place an order for a new 0-Coast for $100 off! Dammit.

Will be fun to play with that and the Kastle that I just got (which I sold to myself as “weird timbres without having to buy a 0-Coast!”). And to see if the 0-Coast might be compact enough to bring on summer travels (space is tight so that’s why Kastle and Dude and PO’s and Monotrons are more likely companions).

I had a 0-coast for a period of time… Cool setup with it + Kastle + PO-12:

Kastle stepped voltage out to 0-coast 1v/oct input
PO-12 AUDIO out to 0-coast tempo input
0-coast clock out to contour gate input

This makes for cool random pitches from the Kastle voltage along with 16 available “sequences” for the gate from the PO-12.

@GCF I will try to upload a demo this weekend.
I only spent an hour or so at work this week plugged in rhythm/sub/tonic PO’s & my first impression is that it sounds absolutely awesome!! It’s so playable it almost felt like a synth at times. Found myself endlessly fine tuning the balance of mix/level/drive/hi-cut/lo-cut knobs in a good way. I’m still getting familiar w/ compressor knob, attack/release, gate etc. but like BIM&BAM you just use your ears till it sounds the way you want. BOUM is simple, flexible, fun and fat, easily my favorite OTO machine.
Can’t wait to go deeeper this weekend:)

@GCF here’s a quick demo of BOUM with op-1 and po’s nothing fancy.

https://soundcloud.com/skintech-1/boum-test

Gone a bit retro with an Alesis MMT-8 sequencer

1 Like

“Essential” on Creamsicle-colored vinyl by Sach Illpages.

http://thehitandrun.bandcamp.com/album/essential-hnr57

Got an arduino, breadboards and loads of knobs and whatnot. And… a couple of Bastl Kastle PCBs and flashed attiny chips. Decided to get my hands dirty and build a noise synth.

Just got a 0-coast and SoftPop about a week apart… wanted some analog weirdness to complement the digital control of the op-1 and iPad. The 0-coast sounds amazing but I seem to be having more fun with the SoftPop; it’s more portable so I’m taking it out with the op-1 more. Layering drone loops on the op-1 tape is oddly satisfying, and my brain melted when I hooked all three together (op-1 sequencing the 0-coast, being processed by the softPop). First baby steps into modular…overwhelmed but loving it!

@sketcherazzi said:
Just got a 0-coast and SoftPop about a week apart… wanted some analog weirdness to complement the digital control of the op-1 and iPad. The 0-coast sounds amazing but I seem to be having more fun with the SoftPop; it’s more portable so I’m taking it out with the op-1 more. Layering drone loops on the op-1 tape is oddly satisfying, and my brain melted when I hooked all three together (op-1 sequencing the 0-coast, being processed by the softPop). First baby steps into modular…overwhelmed but loving it!

Loving my Softpop too! Especially the ext processing/envelope follower. I run the headphone out from my Digitakt for some parallel processing goodness :smile:

Just bought another Merris Ottobit Jr.

I bought & sold one previously, along with all my other pedals. But now i’m buying pedals again & i was desperate to get another one. I’ve really missed this little beauty.

@LogPrimo what a fantastic pedal eh? I really do love mine and it’s not as much of a one trick pony as one could think. my most recent purchase is erica synths acidbox3 - bit of a dream come true as it is as stereo filter. have been looking for a device like this for a long time (and isn’t an elektron AH)

@tasmansea Yes it’s a fantastic pedals and as you mention, more versatile than one might imagine. I’m considering getting another, haha. When I love a piece of kit I often buy 2.

I used to have an Erica Synths FusionBox. That was great too, if a little noisy. So I have my eye on another and the Acidbox3.

I’ve bought and sold 2 Analog Heats’ and I personally think they’re way overrated, and now overpriced. I don’t think they add any pleasant or interesting character. But just my own opinion, as I really haven’t heard anyone else complain.

Edit: Cancelled the Patchulator & Just ordered a Polymoon.

@spacetravelmadeeasy how’s your GM312 holding up? how much time do you get out of it with your DT? math says about 2-3 hours or so?