Post your latest purchase (audio related)

@sammyjams said:

@sketcherazzi said:
Just got a 0-coast and SoftPop about a week apart… wanted some analog weirdness to complement the digital control of the op-1 and iPad. The 0-coast sounds amazing but I seem to be having more fun with the SoftPop; it’s more portable so I’m taking it out with the op-1 more. Layering drone loops on the op-1 tape is oddly satisfying, and my brain melted when I hooked all three together (op-1 sequencing the 0-coast, being processed by the softPop). First baby steps into modular…overwhelmed but loving it!

Loving my Softpop too! Especially the ext processing/envelope follower. I run the headphone out from my Digitakt for some parallel processing goodness :smile:

Have you figured out the softpop’s pattern generator? I can’t seem to tame that part of it, though it does seem to be doing something. Seems more effective when I flip the switch off in the secret compartment; wondering if it’s reversed somehow.

A new set of studio monitors. Focal Alpha 65’s. They sound amazing!

@sketcherazzi said:

@sammyjams said:

@sketcherazzi said:
Just got a 0-coast and SoftPop about a week apart… wanted some analog weirdness to complement the digital control of the op-1 and iPad. The 0-coast sounds amazing but I seem to be having more fun with the SoftPop; it’s more portable so I’m taking it out with the op-1 more. Layering drone loops on the op-1 tape is oddly satisfying, and my brain melted when I hooked all three together (op-1 sequencing the 0-coast, being processed by the softPop). First baby steps into modular…overwhelmed but loving it!

Loving my Softpop too! Especially the ext processing/envelope follower. I run the headphone out from my Digitakt for some parallel processing goodness :smile:

Have you figured out the softpop’s pattern generator? I can’t seem to tame that part of it, though it does seem to be doing something. Seems more effective when I flip the switch off in the secret compartment; wondering if it’s reversed somehow.

Yes, I have gotten it to work. Without messing around in the secret chamber. The VCO 1 mod switch needs to be set to “cycle”. The VCO 1 CV slider seems to set the tempo of it, I find it works best with it about 1/4 of the way up. It’s still not very predictable (like the rest of the synth). I’m mostly using it to process ext audio and the patterns definitely disappear when I send audio to it.

@sammyjams @sketcherazzi I remember being able to step-record to the Softpop’s pattern generator by turning looping off, and using the little trigger button. YMMV

I finally decided to go ahead and buy a used Moog Subsequent 37. Really solid machine. Sounds good on all settings. Really cool articulation options. Flexible routing. Killer bass.

The downside is that now I need to sell one of my other synths, because I made a rule to only have 5.

@Gambler said:
I finally decided to go ahead and buy a used Moog Subsequent 37. Really solid machine. Sounds good on all settings. Really cool articulation options. Flexible routing. Killer bass.

The downside is that now I need to sell one of my other synths, because I made a rule to only have 5.

I have a Subsequent 37 too. Great machine! I’ve filled several banks with my own sounds - so versatile.

@eesn thanks going to try this now!
@sammyjams thanks! That did the trick - I may have had VCO1 mod a little high; just noticed there’s a white line “glyph” on the face of the softpop that serves as a good guideline for the VCO when recording patterns… guess those designs have function as well as looking so cool!

Got a Polymoon, then returned it. Too overwhelming for me. Got an Empress Echosystem instead & after playing with the single engine i felt really underwhelmed. I went to bed feeling stressed. This morning i’ve used the dual engines and feel happier. But i don’t think it’s worth £460.

Also ordered a Dwarfcraft Ghost Fax.

just bought a new yamaha reface dx. it’s a small digital fm synth with mini keys.
great machine. very nice keyboard. easy to get great sounds with the new editing system and feedback on every operator.

Copped a DN month ago which then led to a Octatrack MKI. I have a sickness.

Parted ways with all my pedals and space echo and replaced with a NOS Eventide Orville. Couldn’t have made a better decision.

Just got me an Elektron Analog Drive for 180€.
Sounds ace, I love it ! Such a bargain !
Feels great to touch strings again, moreover.

BEMI Music Easel

Red Panda Particle…I never heard anything like it (it’s a granular delay/pitch shifting pedal). While my brother was tuning his guitar I hooked a mic up to it & we had so much fun with the mic, the guitar never got in on the action. The way it warped our voices & twisted our words it felt like we were tripping on mushrooms. Even just tapping a glass bottle or snapping my fingers sounded wonderful!

Numark PT01 Scratch.

Hirose connector cable to power Mixpre-D → iOS class-compliant audio interface w/ flexible routing

Analog Rytm is back home: dual VCO and sampling are greatly enhancing the experience I had with mk1!

OP 1 Decksaver lid!
Didn’t initially fit straight on (thought was bent) but once prized on into place I’m really liking it.

Just received my long awaited OB-6 desktop…
My Elektron-cabled brain needs adapting to DSI ways.

nice! I always fancied one of these, but having 2 DSI polys stops me. The OB6 is super smooth and for you, coming from elektron & modular side, you might think it’s not deep enough :smile:

@LyingDalai said:
Just received my long awaited OB-6 desktop…
My Elektron-cabled brain needs adapting to DSI ways.