Post your latest purchase (audio related)

just picked up AltiSpace iPad app for reverb… pretty slick. nice controls and sound space samples.

Casio HT-700

Hey DanielDavis, I’ve got a Casio HT-700 too! It’s an awesome synth for what it was. In truth, the Casio HT-700 sounds pretty gruesome (and thin) though it sounds quite nice running through effects.

Another interesting keyboard from the same era is the Yamaha PSS 780. It’s a true 2op FM synth, but it’s got the smallest 5 octave keyboard ever. It’s still a very cool keyboard as was it’s successor, the Yamaha PSS 790 which had some sampled sounds and a sort of primitive vector synthesis.

For the longest time I’ve wanted to create some music using only one vintage keyboard to see how far I can push the hardware to make something interesting.

Have fun with your Casio!

Thanks! I love Casio keyboards.

I’ve also got a CZ1 and VZ1.

I’ve always wanted a PSS 780.

Looks like I might be picking up a PSS 480 on Sunday. :slight_smile:

That is too interesting @pfontaine2 because I’ve been having the idea of making a whole album of trance using nothing but my two Casio synths (VL-1 and MT-540) and my Synsonics drums. I used to run them through gads of effects back in the day, just to get some variety out of the stock banks. I still plan to do the Trance album, after I finish my 80s tape based album, but I may not limit myself to just those instruments.

My wife doesn’t work during the summer and as a result our income drops ALOT from July through September (she’s a resource room teacher at a Catholic School in the Bronx).

As a result, I can’t really splurge on anything during the summer. What this period of austerity allows me is teh opportunity to use the equipment I already have rather than lusting over more equipment I can’t afford right now.

In addition to the Casio and Yamaha I mentioned, I’ve got quite a few consumer keyboards in addition to my OP-1 and Korg MicroSampler. I intend to spend the next couple of months using all this old, dusty equipment and create something awesome with them. Stay tuned!

BTW, I’d love to get a VL-1 though I have samples to get me by. I remember having a MT-540 for awhile but sold it to get my first synth, a Casio CZ-101 many, many years ago!

This just in. It matches well in size with the OP-1.

Bought a whole bunch of stuff in last few days as I prepare myself for travelling and cutting down to a very small studio

Apogee Duet 2
Lacie Thunderbolt 2GB Rugged Drive (no more worrying about space for samples and producing!)
AKG C1000 S mic - but thinking of a Rode NT5 as ewell.

My OP-1 was also purchased about 2 weeks ago, love it so far

My old team got me a Lexicon MX200 (dual processor reverb/effects unit) as a leaving present from my last job. Haven’t had time to explore it yet, but looking forward to it.

Bought Sunrizer for the iPad.

Also bought Lemur app, VERY important tip, do NOT buy if you are on a Linux distro. It is pretty much impossible to get a template properly on the iPad in Linux. Playonlinux won’t help, neither will a VMware session of windows. I actually have to install windows on some box. Other than that… its pretty awesome

Chasebliss Audio Warped Vinyl - all the way back in January/Feb! I’ve been pretty good with restraint hmm…

http://chaseblissaudio.com/warped/

yeah having to use itunes to add templates blows. They should let you do it from email or iCloud. Have you tried VirtualBox @Erhenius? Their USB addon works pretty well, but I’ve only used it for flash drives tbh.

@KrisM, At first I only tried the Liine software via Playonlinux then installed Virtualbox, got same directx mess, tried some fixes to get d3d going, it worked with pretty much all software except the bloody Liine software. Then I tried Jazzeditor, but that just screws up the resolution. Then tried iTunes, for some reason app file sharing didn’t work. Then tried to re-script on the iPad, bloody nightmare…

At last I did a hail Mary and tried iTunes again and suddenly it did work.
It’s bloody awesome now. I finally can edit my Shruthi in a proper fashion. Problem still is that some templates just are not recognised by Lemur. I think I need the Liine software for those, soooo… it’s still a bit gimped. In the end it is pretty cool, but 22 euro is still a steep price to pay. I bought it so I don’t GAS for the much more expensive Shruthi-XT.
There is a template for the MINIAK. Lemur makes it much more intuitive.
Now I setup my Arturia Beatstep --> Lemur --> Shruthi. I can change parameters on the Beatstep, see them on Lemur and hear them out Shruthi. Only issue is that the Shruthi is very picky about its sequencer. My Shruthi doesn’t understand my Beatstep’s sequencer. So far only Little Midi Machine seems to be doing the job best.

OP-1 a few days ago, birthday present to myself! My wife and kids gave me a Strymon Big Sky reverb pedal as a present. Picked up a used Monomachine a few months ago on eBay.

I was gonna get the Lemur and I only have Linux. So I can’t add the templates via Dropbox or something? That really sucks… But just to be clear @Erhenius, you installed iTunes with Wine and now you can add the templates? I tried to Google it just now but didn’t really find any info…

Congrats @module8. How does the op-1 sound through the Big Sky?

@vehka : No I just ran windows in a vm (I used virtualbox).

So far I only got .jzml to work via iTunes

Just got a Vestax Handytrax I plan on doing the Fader Mod to it. Anyone on here do that before? I remember some one on the old forum mentioning it but can’t remember who.

Ok, thanks for the info @Erhenius. Why on earth have they made it so difficult?