Post your latest purchase (audio related)

Thinking of grabbing a Wally looper…

http://youtu.be/9lXARBWBNfg

@vehka, because not enough people run linux to warrant a special release for us. Blame microsoft…

In essence we draw the shortest straw on all shite except for a stable, secure, open and truly free OS.

Yeah, I understand that @Erhenius, but I would think that nobody wants to use iTunes to install new templates, regardless of what OS they use! I think Dropbox is the filesystem on iPads that most people prefer to use.

Now back to latest purchases, sorry for derailing the topic. =)

Two more things regarding Lemur: According to Liine’s support,

a) you can install the .jzml files via the iPad browser or email.
b) Dropbox support is in the roadmap
iTrack Dock. But. I had issues connecting the OP-1 for MIDI to work.
I found a workaround where you have to run a Novation app on the iPad to get the OP-1 and other controllers to recognize MIDI in and out.

1: Run either the Novation Launch pad or Launch key apps on the iPad.
2: Make sure power is off to the iTrack.
3: Dock the iPad and connect the OP-1 to the MIDI port.
4: Turn on power to the iTrack

Other than that its a nice piece of hardware.

I just got an email from a Focusrite rep giving me the exact steps he got from a user. Is that you?

Sounds like bit of a hassle, hopefully they’ll get that sorted one day.

@Kites Yes that was me. Did you have a similar problem with the MIDI connection. Were you able to resolve it by using a Novation app?
iTrack Dock. But. I had issues connecting the OP-1 for MIDI to work.
I found a workaround where you have to run a Novation app on the iPad to get the OP-1 and other controllers to recognize MIDI in and out.

1: Run either the Novation Launch pad or Launch key apps on the iPad.
2: Make sure power is off to the iTrack.
3: Dock the iPad and connect the OP-1 to the MIDI port.
4: Turn on power to the iTrack

Other than that its a nice piece of hardware.

I just got an email from a Focusrite rep giving me the exact steps he got from a user. Is that you?

Sounds like bit of a hassle, hopefully they’ll get that sorted one day.

@Kites Yes that was me. Did you have a similar problem with the MIDI connection. Were you able to resolve it by using a Novation app?

Ya the OP-1 actually worked without having to do any of that. But too bad I killed the inputs on the iTrack Dock and the output on the OP-1 :frowning:

Got myself a Bastl Instruments MicroGranny 2.0.
Next on the list is an iConnectMidi 4+ to get all these babies talking to each other and probably end up controlling them all via AbletonLive too :slight_smile:

Also been controlling the MG parameters with MidiTouch on iPad

Congrats @module8. How does the op-1 sound through the Big Sky?

Amazing. Like everything through the BigSky.

It is seriously a WIN BUTTON.

Moog Sub 37.

beautiful!

@Lymtronics that looks terrific; I can’t wait for mine to ship.

How does it sound?

Sounds really great. Similar in character to the Sub Phatty, but access to all the extra controls invites one to explore deeper sonic territory. The feedback is excellent- it’s like an instant vintage knob when oscillator levels are high, but produces throaty, overdriven tones similar to an MS20 or Arturia analogue when oscillator levels are low. Having an extra mod bus is great, especially since you can modulate its counterpart mod bus. It seems like every single parameter (knob AND button) is available as a modulation source, including treats like filter slope. The extra envelope controls are no different than on the Sub phatty, but it’s really nice to have panel access to them. Same for the beat frequency, filter slope, and LFO range controls. The duo mode was nothing I was excited over, but it is actually cool in practice since you have two mod busses to treat each oscillator differently, and the glide can be applied to either oscillator or both. It’s nearly multi timbral, however with a shared filter and envelope. The sequencer is pretty neat and easy to use. The location of the mod wheel is stored at each step. It’s like using endless on the op1. There are a couple extra controls in the sequencer that let you change the gate length and such. Good stuff.

Thanks @yoof! The OP-1 sounds great through the Big Sky reverberator, really beautiful and lush. I have been playing the OP-1 with the Cloud, Shimmer, and Magneto presets on the Blue Sky, and man, it really opens it up. I am looking forward to using the OP-1 and have become quite fond of it in the few days that I have had it.

Lym you gonna make us a patch :wink:

@spacetravelmadeeasy that’s a great portable setup you’ve got there. Would you recommend your gen of Kaos Pads over the later versions?

@Kites I dont know what the differences between my and the newer generation of pads are - i thought they were just smaller but upon looking at pics it looks like theres a lot more visually on the screen. Strangely they sit around the same price on eBay second hand. I’ve had mine for years which I got from a 2nd hand shop in my city for about £85 - still see them going on eBay for around the same price.

I owned the Kaoss Quad for about a week and tired of it. It was a bit too “super duper disco DJ” kind of thing.

So jealous @danieldavis and @module8 :slight_smile:

I really wish there was an easy, self-contained way to apply a bit of some external effect to some audio coming from the op-1 and capture it to tape. Also, sadly, I think the last couple of OS updates have degraded the quality of sound captured with the audio in (lots of that kind of digital aliasing noise).

@yoof
TE should release a little FX box that plugs into the right side of the OP-1.

@yoof, u can w/ the right cables, using Panning & the Left and Right outputs of the op1 separately.

here is a lil diagram i whipped up for the old forum. i do this w/ my SP and mini KP2 as ext fx

i can explain more in depth if needed!