Post your latest purchase (audio related)

oopsy

^ @lazenbleep looks amazing! what’s the spec you’ve went for?

6x tubeohm ladder!

No idea what that means but it sounds f*cking impressive! :wink:
I was meaning more in lay-mans terms :stuck_out_tongue:

http://mutable-instruments.net/ambika

http://www.tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/AMBIKA-LADDER_FILTER.html
:#

Hey @docshermsticks, thanks for posting that pic. So is some kind of splitter cable required for that set up? I can’t quite get my head around it, would you mind elaborating?

Heres my studio pics

STUDIO

@iceritchie, how does the Beatstep fit in the setup?

@yoof for sure mang!

yes u need a Y-cable that will take your 1/8" stereo output and split it into 2 jacks (Left & Right signals).
the exact cable u need largely depends on the inputs of the external devices u will be using (ext. fx unit & mixer/speaker/monitors)
like this if u need 1/4" …. http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSCMP15
this essentially gives you 2 separate outputs on the OP1 using the panning hard L & R.

u can set the Left & Right outputs up however u want, but staying true to my pic, i’ll be using the Left as my clean uneffected tracks, and the Right for tracks i want to send to my external FX unit.

so say we’re talking our 4 tracks of tape. I’ve got audio on Tracks 1 + 2, that I like and don’t want to add FX to. I also have audio on Track 3 (SEND track) that I want to add FX by sending thru my SP404 (EXTERNAL FX unit) and back into the OP1, all in realtime. I will be using Track 4 as my RETURN track and it is empty.

side note: i’ve found it helps to keep 1 track empty for your “return track” using this method, but u can definitely overdub over an existing track if u need to (just remember to LIFT + DROP that track before recording so u can undo/redo if u need to!)

u can also route as many tracks to the RIGHT (SEND) that u want, but you always need at least 1 track on the LEFT (RETURN)
this is a cool way to merge multiple tracks at once while adding FX to a group.

+First,
OP1 Left Output plug into speaker, mixer or whatever you are using to monitor your MAIN MIX
OP1 Right Output plug into External FX unit
plug Output of Ext. FX back into the OP1 Input

+then in the OP1,
Pan all the way RIGHT - tracks u DO want to send thru your external FX (in my example, this would be Track 3 SEND track)
Pan all the way LEFT - tracks u DO NOT want to send thru your ext. FX + your “RETURN track” that u will be using to resample the effected track(s) back onto the OP1 tape (example, Tracks 1, 2, and 4)

on your tape screen, make sure your RETURN track (example, Track 4) is selected as the active track
enable the line input thru so when you play the tape, you will hear your send track(s) in your main mix (LEFT output)

now u can mess with your FX, and at any point start recording on the OP1 tape.
your SEND track will go thru your FX and back onto your RETURN track
depending on what you’re doing, u can now erase your SEND track, (or keep it and do a DRY/WET blend of the two tracks) and start the process all over again!

this is the article i got the idea from, it has pictures and stuff and might be easier to understand if my ramblings don’t quite connect.
it tells u how to do it in ableton live, but the concepts are the same, just replace ableton live with OP1.
http://blog.dubspot.com/how-to-route-external-hardware-audio-effects/

couple things i like about it over other methods i’ve tried,
being able to monitor your ext. FX while recording, AND mixing that in with what you already have on your Tape.
no feedback - phase shit when monitoring
ability to freely set and change output routing quickly and easily using the panning

so once u have it setup and you’re good to go, its really easy to switch tracks, resample, again and again. change FX. all that shit.

then when you’re all said and done w/ the external effects, u can unplug everything and plug your OP1 back into your mixer/speaker/monitor as u normally would, and reset the panning how u like it!

Hey that’s cool @docshermsticks, thanks so much for the write-up, really appreciate it :slight_smile: I think I may even have that type of cable already, just got to dig through the spaghetti mess to find it :wink: Many thanks man

@yoof no problem man! glad to be of help

oh something to remember, is that each time you do it, u are running your sound thru the OP1 Master FX and Master Drive/Compression.

it can be a good idea to adjust these to avoid over compression b/c when you run it back thru again it will go thru the FX, Drive, Compression again. or to use it to your advantage as an extra FX, drive, compression when passing it thru. for me, it depends on the sounds i am are running

Fits really well, great for sequencing iPad synths and also some of the modular stuff i.e. Mopho etc, as well as working great with the OP-1.

Made a video here: OP1+Beatstep

http://youtu.be/Qv7PY1AQLcI?list=UUnk4Kc9cPl7gcWqVTkjPttw

I just bought a QuNeo. I’ve had one before and sent it back, but getting into Pd I want a compact-but-powerful MIDI controller. It doesn’t hurt that ProAudioStar (eBay and Amazon stores) is selling them new for $125 atm. It should also fit in the pocket of my Surface Pro 3 sleeve.

Kind of wanting a QuNexus, too, and I have a 25% off coupon with KMI good until the end of the month. I could run the CV into my Oplab and be all “lol all the modulations!”

And UPS didn’t deliver my QuNeo today. In fact, they just changed the 5:47am “out for delivery” to “destination scan” and changed the scheduled delivery date to tomorrow (which ensures I won’t see it until Saturday since I won’t be home for it).

Shady fucks.

Just copped a Kurzweil K2600X for only $400… The seller also gave me the keyboard stand…

These 88 hammer action keys are amazing…

Just purchased a Roland FA-06 for my live performance needs. The OP-1 is just for some creative fun and for something self contained that is different from the Roland or Cubase. My rig is very compact these days. I hope to find a way to use the OP-1 with my Roland or visa-versa.

Just got a beatstep, anyone know of any good drum apps that couple well together?

Fits really well, great for sequencing iPad synths and also some of the modular stuff i.e. Mopho etc, as well as working great with the OP-1.

Could you detail the connect cabling a bit more? Which model iConnectMidi works?

Edmund

Just got a KAM KBA15 2*380w RMS PA for £21 at a CashGen (pawn shop) closing down sale.

It"l ad to my cross-over and other PA stuff nicely.It looks almost brand new.