Preset Management on OP-Z

So I’ve been exploring the op1.fun website a lot more the past day or so, and it’s really cool just how many patches and content there is. I hadn’t really explored it enough before.

I’m wondering if there will be something like that for the OP-Z. Some way of sharing patches and presets, or at the very least, some way of saving, exporting, and managing presets. I know I can same some presets on the OP-Z, but if I ever re-arrange or remove a sound plug, I lose all my presets. There’s also no way of managing or exporting them.

I’d be really neat to have a system (probably within the OP-Z app) that allows preset/patch management.

I’m curious as to how many other people are interested in this or not?

(P.S. I know the OP-Z can use sample-bases patches from the OP-1 and op1.fun. So that much is helpful.)

The OP-Z’s storage is so small that I just drag the entire projects folder to a Mac, and save it there. Make a note so you remember what songs are on it, and you can drag it back at any time.

Then erase the OP-Z.

This way you can start from scratch any time you like,

and the App allows you to store and recall your synth & sampled sounds within the configurator, you can drag and drop them in & out

I tried to think about a way to store libraries some time ago. Although this is more of a feasibility study, than a real solution… :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I do this all the time to backup projects, patterns, and albums I’m working on. The issue isn’t trying to save projects, or trying to start from scratch. The issue is saving sound presets using the synth engines, and then being able to manage those sounds.

Example: Saving a Cluster preset and being able to share it with other people, or transfer it to another project, or export it onto my computer. Something of that nature.

As of now, the presets are stored with in the sound plug (I think), so I never really get to do anything with a preset other than the project it is on.

From what I can see, the configurator only allows me to swap/change/manage sampled sounds, and my synth plugs. I’m trying to see (or merely express my desire for) a way to manage presets OF the synth engines.

1 Like

Ah, I misunderstood. Yes, saving presets would be great.
Edit: and sharing, of course!

1 Like

when you copy a project folder to your Mac/PC, does that also copy the plug settings, or user sample, that you use?
Let’s say I backup a folder, then delete the user sample that you were using in the project. How will that work if you later bring back the folder to the opz?

User samples are stored as sound plugs within the corresponding folder.

Example: root>samplepacks>5-bass>08>whatevernameyouhave.aif

Current plug settings are stored within the project/pattern.

Plug presets (the little white keys you can save presets to within a given plug) I’m assuming are stored within the plug file itself, but I really don’t know. Either way, there is not way to save them outside the OP-Z from what I can tell.

Either way, if you backup your entire OP-Z root folder, everything is saved there, somewhere.

ha ok, so the trick would be to save the entire OPZ each time you want to create a backup, even just for one project. So you are sure you are not losing a sample or something else.

Because if you save only a project folder, then you might lose the sample. hum… interesting to know, thank you Davnak!

1 Like

Yeah, I always backup the whole thing when working.

1 Like

sounds like a Time Machine (the Apple device) for the opz

1 Like