Recent issues with TE

One “theory” is that the boot flash contents get corrupted for some reason. That is not supposed to happen that easily, flash memory has a retention period on the order of decades, although it varies according to environment conditions, like temperature, background radiation, etc. Anyway, once that happens only TE can fix it (either replace the main board or reflash it). It may be some quality issue on a batch of OP-1s, but we could never confirm that based on the few reports we had here.

2 Likes

And so it came to pass, three months and 7 days after posting my original support call, two and half months since shipping it - it has been returned and fixed.

I phoned them last Friday. Nobody in support was available, receptionist listened to my story (told calmly and politely). Heard nothing then Tuesday I got a bill for the repairs. Within an hour or paying I got a shipping notification.

It’s as good as new. For my troubles I got some OP-Z stickers with it. Hooray.

Here endedth the sorry saga. As it’s in such good condition and I’ve now bought an OP-Z I’m even considering selling it it … but … but … but …

2 Likes