Recent issues with TE

That’s good for you!
I’ve had 3 POs fail on me…
my OP-Z is double-triggering,
and I had an OP-1 for a few days with a faulty on/off-switch.
And I don’t throw my device in a bagpack or treat them rough in any way.

(You might understand now, why I don’t believe in TE’s quality control)

Also, what you call a whinefest is my only means of somehow influencing the market apart from not buying TE products. Yes, they make sweet products but their service is shit.
So I can either not buy from them, or make them aware that the services they provide for the type of money spent are not adequate.
I have done so in e-mail to them directly (In a nice way), to which they don’t respond, exactly because they have a bad customer service. So the other way to make them aware is to gather people’s problems in threads and such until they become aware that maybe, just maybe they should care a little more about the people buying from them.

Shut up and take my money is not very smart in my opinion.
Listen to customer feedback and take my money is more my thing.

PS: isn’t it positive that I believe in change for the better ? :smiley:

5 Likes

Their support is EXTREMELY BAD for really expensive products. Thats just wrong.

5 Likes

Thats bad luck i guess.

My PO-12 shuts down when the volume is set above 6.
My OP-1 T3 button works erratically.

I would like to send them for repair because I absolutely love both devices.
But the automated answer is all I received so far.

If people didn’t invest in their products they hardly could do devices they want to :slight_smile:

sorry to hear, buddy.
TE not great at making happy customers right now…

1 Like

Is it true, that the collect sportscars in theor office? You can google pictures of that. If so, cashflow doesn‘t seem to be the problem. :wink:

Blockquote but you know what you like!! :laughing:

I know what I like and it is not this

Another request for info sent at the beginning of this week. Nothing. Not a thing. They’ve had my OP-1 for a month and nothing. Nothing. Not a thing. Nothing. Does that not bother you?

There’s a difference between bad service and being pissed on your face

1 Like

Here’s today’s reply

I am a polite and courteous person. I give people respect and understanding. But you are really just telling me you don’t care.

This support call 103318 was logged on January the 3rd. The issue occurred during the Xmas period but I held off until the end for some misguided reason people may not want to bother with this stuff during the holiday times.

No response.

On the 10th of January I asked for an update. Nothing

On the 18th of January I asked for another, Nothing.

On the 24th I issued a new support call asking for this to be replied to. I got a big sorry for the delay and telling me how to request a RMA. I did that on the 25th

Again nothing.

28th I log another support call pointing to this one. I get a response. Hoorah. On the 29th I send the device back to you.

On the 5th of February I noted that the device was awaiting collection from you, I was worried why it had not been delivered, Again, no response. Nothing.

On the 6th I asked again. Nothing.

On the 7th I sent a new support call - worried it would be just returned to me as you had done nothing with me. I got the following response.

I get the following

“”"Hey Ian

Thanks for reaching out. The unit just got to ICA on Feb 4th and we pick up packages once a week.
Rest assure that we will pick it up and contact you once we’ve processed the RMA.

Have a lovely day!

Best regards,
Irina
“”"

I can see it was collected. And then … guess what ? Nothing.

On the 11th of March I asked for another update. Reply so far? Nothing.

I am now YET AGAIN asking for an update. You’ve not confirmed you’ve received it. You’ve not confirmed what the issue is. You’ve not confirmed how much it will cost. You’ve not confirmed when it could be returned.

I do not want another email saying “HAVE A LOVELY DAY”. If the company you are talking to just ignores you that makes for NOT a lovely day Communicate with your customers. Don’t just give me a stick response. It’s nearly three months to handle a simple repair request and you’ve given me nothing apart from non responses and glib replies.

Do you think I am being unreasonable?

Is anybody there who cares?

Best regards

Ian Cottee

5 Likes

Oh snap, I guess I misunderstood the post. Hope something turns around soon, best of luck.

I do care AND WILL KEEP posting all these garbage responses wherever i can…unfortunately they delete them after a while…but i keep doing it…The only thing i suggest is you go to all the TE forumsop1, opz, 400 modular subscribe and keep posting them…

2 Likes

good job! and keep it up…I try my best too to report on the “service” that I receive.

1 Like

In case anybody hasn’t seen this trainwreck…now of course it’s the customers fault, that the PSU are failing :slight_smile: but thanks to the TE they will soon get some wall plugs for us, get your wallets ready boys!!!

PS: I recommend everybody with bad experiences about their customer service comments on the video. At least they will get a notification about it and maybe read some of it.

#whinefest

Call them by phone.

1 Like

Too bad people do not understand the obvious ,in case of the battery pack. Insert it with the plastic side , instead of the metal to metal.
Use the brains it is what they are for :wink:

1 Like

I think it was just bad design on TEs part. You shouldn’t expect customers to see that it could short out if placed the wrong way.

1 Like

If there was one doubt that these people are at least extremely iccompetent, well that small doubt has gone down the drain
Today, after 3 days of thecso called help videos , they desided to respond to some comments. It is obviously automated or the replies. are written from someone of an iq about 0.08
Comment: how to , how to…coudnt you have provided at least a power adaptor?? …cheap…very cheap…
Reply: you are right. We want it to be as low cost as possible without compromising quality…

UNBELIVABLE???

2 Likes

There was one Lamborghini Countach in their first place in Södermalm many years ago. Well, let’s call it a “collection”.

What issues did you have with your OP-1 and how long did it take them to respond to your support ticket ?

My issue is that I can no longer get to the boot menu so I can’t Factory Reset or load new firmware

This only started recently. I had no problems doing any of this until the I tried to update to the latest firmware. That’s when I noticed I couldn’t

Anyhow I submitted a support ticket 6 weeks ago now and so far I haven’t received anything in response. My patience is running thin. As soon as they agree to fix my OP-1, I’ll be selling it as quickly as possible