Rumble users/abusers...is it worth buying when i never hand-hold op-z?

Cause that shitty season is coming up, the one where we can get others to treat us to the stuff we dont wanna buy (hello Crank!) and the Korgie Nu-tekt and Crave are looking pretty tasty, more useful but they are also a little bit more than i wanna ask as a gift, but i wouldnt want to think that its just only gonna be ballast. Most of yous who bought one have had it for a few weeks now, so whats the post-fun verdict. Please.

I don’t really care for it. It was interesting when I first got it but the novelty has worn off quickly for me. Also, it’s a bit distracting when making music and I will probably sell it at some point since I don’t even use it. Basically it’s meh. Different strokes for different folks though.

2 Likes

thanks for the honest reply Oxxi.

I would love to hear some more details of the „meh“ and distraction point of view.

I really like my module - it adds something unique to the op-z - but it is of marginal value if you don’t use it handheld.

Maybe you’ll start holding it while using it? Even putting it on your lap while using rumble adds something, but on a table it won’t be very noticeable or useful.

2 Likes

Well it’s meh cause it all it does is rumble and it’s distracting cause it rumbles lol. I would find it more useful if there was a mode to respond to user input instead. Haptics for turning the dials when they are centered so I don’t have to always look at the lights, when clearing patterns etc. But then again I don’t think there’s much to add there either.

2 Likes

I’ve already read that somewhere but would definitely agree with a general haptic feedback!
some strong pulses etc

1 Like

Has anyone found that the tracks you have been making have become more bass-heavy, like you are pumping it up sub-consciously just due to the pleasant feedback sensation, and in doing so are becoming imbalanced when it comes to mastering on a daw? Im off the idea of buying one now but im curious to know if Rumble is actually effecting how you use the op-z. And what the feck am i doing wrong to always get a different typeface half-way through a bloody post?! gr.

1 Like

sounds like you answered your own question. You’d probably be better off getting another pair of headphones or some other piece of gear. Sooner or later some useful modules will come out… i hope :thinking:

1 Like

I’m kinda late to the party on this one, but I’m a Rumble user that’s fully digging it. I use the OP-Z to play live and generally on a table… but when using it, I keep my fingers on it to feel the metronome pulse to keep me in time while cooking up a jam from scratch in a live situation. Works well for me. Also just dig feeling the bass when I hold it. :relaxed: Pretty useful as a metronome for me.

3 Likes

Ever since the gyro LFO, I’m holding mine a lot more. I may try a rumble pack.

1 Like

totally worth it… imo

1 Like

never heard of this company before so might be shady, nice price though! https://kytary.co.uk/teenage-engineering-rumble/HN208443/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl93PoJ6e5gIVibTtCh27PgSiEAQYBSABEgJ2LPD_BwE

DON`T use, seems like a another dummy scam shop (going off trustpilot reviews anyhoo).

Not a scam shop but not based in the UK as the website makes them appear. Czech company and as such communication is likely to be difficult in case of errors. Pay with paypal or credit card and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

bought one from Juno, but you`re right, not a scam website, just one not worth risking on.

Would absolutely rather buy from Juno as that’s where I bought my Novation Circuit and the service is spot on.

1 Like

Had the unit in for a few weeks now and it really is fantastic, the effect being so much better than i had anticipated. Nice one TE, on a solid working product thats well priced. But...i am curious about whats actually going on inside the mod. Moving parts=wear `n tear…Does anyone know about the longevity of Haptic devices?

Think of a sub-woofer without its cone. It has moving parts but will last forever unless the coil wire fails, which is very unlikely.

1 Like

Get it, and then you may start holding it here and there while you do the low end (;