Something New!

Oh ok, cause he was in here looking for you guys. X-D

Oh here we go!
We will all be wrong, that’s my guess!

I wonder what goes in this blank space on the left?

Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 4.20.36 PM

That’s just the evolution of the OP-1. Prototype #1 shell, CAD drawing, real machine.

And yeah, I was thinking bubble thing.

Question: Did anybody here ever blow bubbles as a kid?

I still do now if I get my hands on the stuff >.>

They make catnip ones. So I do now. For the cats. Honest.

Catnip bubbles that’s awesome! I think its going to be the po-12. Drawbar organ!!! That would be awesome. A Leslie simulator (effect) would be simple and very enjoyable.

@piotr I really enjoy choplifter!

haha i like the bubble blower accessory attachment! and judging by the blue thing, an underwater propellor of some kind for those scuba deep sea diver sessions

The lines look like the Mixer logo. Dots are suggestive of sequencer.

One of the things I’d wondered about TE making was a “workstation expander”. Essentially taking the OP-1’s amazing recording paradigm and putting it into a dedicated mixer, where you could plug in and sequence (via MIDI or CV) external synths whilst recording them on a virtual 4-track tape recorder. I know computers are supposed to do this, but computers are… well, we have OP-1s. We know why the OP-1 is so good at what it does - it slices away the layers.

Could they do it? Sure. Would there be a market? Doubtful at the cost it would need to be to be clever. But maybe if they were to take the OP-1 and make it into something a little bigger - Panorama P4-scale, but with TE’s amazing grasp of immediacy and user interface design, and their sense of humour.

I give some far-fetched speculation of the first things that come to mind, just for fun :D

Ripples — a new sequencer where you place notes in a field, then drop a "stone", which sends out ripples that bounce around and play whenever they hit a note.

Pips — appears in the Synth selection window as a new synth type. When selected, a 6-sided die appears on screen; spinning an encoder sets it rolling, randomizing all synth parameters. Pressing any of the 1-4 buttons locks in the random settings.

the star/snowflake/asterisk — represents a *click*, i.e. functionality added to the clicking of encoders

Bubble wand — an accessory, plugs into input jack so you can use your OP-1 as a bubble wand.

Turbine — a new LFO, similar to Crank, but where you'd blow into the mic to spin up a propeller, which would have inertia like Crank's wheel

An orange (like the tape icon) mixer icon — means mixer/EQ/master FX automation, recorded onto a special tape track, lift/drop/splice-able like audio tracks.

For the 1-year+ OP-1 users… did TE make teaser image for the last update? Wish I still worked retail for pro audio so I can go to Namm.

I think they did make some teaser banners in the past…

hehe those are some very thoughtful ideas @beefinator

Ok, I think it will be the PO-12, hopefully with the screen and a shipping/pre-sale date (and maybe a case).

Crossing my fingers for a OPlab update.
I’d be happy if it was something neat like a new accessory or something.

I really don’t think it’s about the PO-12 because it’s been unveiled/intro’d already. Those new symbols makes me believe it’s something equal to an OP-1, or at least some new hardware.

I really don't think it's about the PO-12 because it's been unveiled/intro'd already. Those new symbols makes me believe it's something equal to an OP-1, or at least some new hardware.

If the PO-12 has the screen with graphics now, maybe they represent the PO-12 graphics? I just find it hard to think that between working on their speaker, the PO-12 and an OP-1 update which has been delayed, they have a new flagship product coming out. That being said if it was an OP-2 I wouldn’t be sad.

I really don't think it's about the PO-12 because it's been unveiled/intro'd already. Those new symbols makes me believe it's something equal to an OP-1, or at least some new hardware.

If the PO-12 has the screen with graphics now, maybe they represent the PO-12 graphics? I just find it hard to think that between working on their speaker, the PO-12 and an OP-1 update which has been delayed, they have a new flagship product coming out. That being said if it was an OP-2 I wouldn’t be sad.

PO-12 with graphics would be awesome. If it’s an OP-2, it’ll probably take months for anybody to get there hands on it. We’d have time to save up some dough. Looking forward to an OP-1 update… I think TE will deliver something great for OP-1 users.

@Virtual_Flannel I too am patiently waiting for Oplab update. Basically I wish that it really worked as advertised, because some of themodes just do not perform functions described in the manual. I asked them point blank in the email about the update: whether and if yes, then when it was coming. They responded that there will be update but did not give me any date. I feel that as it is now, Oplab is totally misrepresented in their online description and manual.

I found this symbol om my PO-12, so we are probably going to see some intersting PO-12 news…