Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

I’m back and want to piggy :pig: back off of my previous post.

A way to quickly pan each track would be amazing. I’m sending left and right out to Various effects.

I would love to see midi memory like ableton has. It is not usual feature in hw sequencers but it would be very welcomed as i jam a lot but i always forget the keys i ve pressed. Something like 8 bar memory would be enough :wink:

just use another pattern or copy your personal patterns to a new slot. this way every note you‘ve recorded to the unit will play back as you‘ve left the Op-Z after jamming

I think he means offline record.

what’s offline recording?

Sorry, I was very unclear.

It means that the device is always recording in the background.

Ableton calls it “capture” or something. I think pro tools does it with audio (maybe only on armed tracks and when transport is running)

2 Likes

ah i see, I think the Snapshot function should allow to capture that,on OP-Z, right?

SIMPLE but IMPORTANT feature request:
ability to delete a whole project on the device, not just single patterns…

Press and hold P and stop and shift to clear project.

2 Likes

I guess I didn’t RTFM enough… although I read it a billion times.

1 Like

in the ios app, I would like to be able to stay and work on the mixing page without having to hold button on the op-z.
maybe some kind of screen lock switch or something like that…

5 Likes

I have so many suggestions :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Feature request: use the Rumble Module to give a little haptic feedback cue (like a little detent bump feeling) when the encoders reach the green centre point (and/or the upper/lower limits, or when the value type changes discretely rather than continuously).

11 Likes

good Point. :fire:

Since now you can disable the arp on the new firmware, it should enable the lfo mode just like the other tracks

9 Likes

Please change the p1, p2 parameters of instrument samples to sample start and length respectively.
This would allow us to expand the timbres in the OP-Z and access them by:

1. Store sample chains up to 6 seconds in each sample slot.
  2. Up to 10 samples in the sample chain could be accessed in the 10 presets for that track/project each of which set P1/P2 sample start and length respectively.

This would allow much greater sonic flexibility effectively expanding from 40 instrument samples to up to 400 (4 instrument tracks x 10 presets x 10 sample/instrument slots)

2 Likes

It would be nice to have an option to disable these photo/video motion tracks (15, 16) and turn them into regular midi tracks with usable controls like, midi channel, bank, presets. I’m pretty sure that these tracks are wasted for most of us now.

8 Likes

Still no way around this one – step components are unusable with the oplab.

A global tempo option in the configuration json file. So if I change the tempo of the current project all other projects will be same tempo.

There is a screenlock for the mixerpage in the iOs app. You just need to press the mixer button + screen button.
I dont know when it was added but I read it somewhere on facebook and it works.

4 Likes