Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

Would love option to auto set number of bars per track based on how long you live record for rather than setting before hand. Not much of a planner when creating so for me would give a bit of freedom. I haven’t received mine yet but I don’t think this is possible based on vids and manual.

3 Likes

@Lymtronics said:
An idea from @paletochen : When choosing option 9 random for any spark components, repeated pressing of the 9 button scrolls through lower to higher probability displayed with a flashing number amid the lit number LEDs.

Just like pressing 1-8 in the spark components repeatedly cycles which pass the event will occur on, but low probability to high probability (10%-90% or something).

Need a thumbs up button on this forum! Great idea, I hope someone from TE is reading…

1 Like

@kriller
I’ll copy your idea in this thread, if you don’t mind.

easy exporting of midi files (USB Device E: | Projects | Tracks | Kick.Midi)

1 Like

@Polyoptics said:
Just visually getting around the sequencer 2 main things get me still:

1. Current track indication
    You can’t tell (just by looking at the machine) what track you are currently on.
    Its easy to accidentally make a change on the wrong track because of this.

I really love this idea. Maybe have the LED of the current track slowly pulse in a distinctive color? I’m constantly editing the wrong track…

1 Like

I was thinking this morning about editing samples on opz and how some people saying it would be hard without the screen, but I really disagree. For starters you don’t need any visual indicator it all to truncate sample, as long as it’s playing back you can hear where the cut is made. of course the LEDs would be incredibly useful for some kind of visual indication, and it wouldn’t just be limited to 16 levels. For instance you could use 16 LEDs across the top to indicate the full length of the sample, and the white keys could represent each step divided by 16, add to this you could have brightness indicating more levels of depth. It would actually be a pretty cool looking visualisation.

2 Likes

Really minor niggle, but as long as the lead designer is redesigning the icons at the last minute, it would make the manual easier to read if the record button didn’t have exactly the same icon as the track buttons. For example, a circle the same size as the stop and play buttons, either filled-in or not.

1 Like

@ludicrouSpeed said:
I was thinking this morning about editing samples on opz and how some people saying it would be hard without the screen, but I really disagree. For starters you don’t need any visual indicator it all to truncate sample, as long as it’s playing back you can hear where the cut is made. of course the LEDs would be incredibly useful for some kind of visual indication, and it wouldn’t just be limited to 16 levels. For instance you could use 16 LEDs across the top to indicate the full length of the sample, and the white keys could represent each step divided by 16, add to this you could have brightness indicating more levels of depth. It would actually be a pretty cool looking visualisation.

If the PO can do it, OPZ surely can. Shift disc for fine trim control, another disc for zero crossing. This ommission leads me to think the cartridge selection will lead you CV, sampling, or possibly increased storage options for kits, sounds.

Yeah, I think sample editing while screen-less would be fine also. I am a bit concerned they might to a module for sampling separate from the CV/MIDI. That would be a shame, since sampling and external control are things you want at the SAME time.

I’m really hoping sampling from the mic and the TRRS jack happen.

1 Like

Tempo suggestion. Add number leds to active tempo when pressing tempo button twice quickly. This will help manage switching between projects where tempo shifts.

+More complex LFO options + more LFO destinations options
+Scene mode a la Elektron Rytm or OT
+more FX modes - customizable max/msp integration? Better Delay parameters, delay timing not locked to grid plz.
+envelope section for triggering EGs - these could control different parameters
+Being able to program steps beyond 16 steps so you can have longer controlled sequences
+with the CV Module a trig in for stepping the sequencer one step at a Time (clocking from pulse)
+more options when controlling master compressor

+since the box says “sample” on it, I assume this is coming.

1 Like

Make a hold function for the shift button. Maybe depending on how long you hold it.

2 Likes

@oxxi maybe a “double tap” shift lock type thing?

1 Like

i personally like the quick tap to latch, hold for momentary type of “smart button”

@docshermsticks @Sparky I’ll take anything. A hold function is sorely needed, especially for those deep component programming moments. :slight_smile:

if anything truly will do, hows about a paperweight? :wink:

If there was a paperweight that could only cover the shift button then that would be great lol. hmm maybe there’s something I can latch to it but it would kill the workflow.

@docshermsticks said:
i personally like the quick tap to latch, hold for momentary type of “smart button”

I like it.

1 Like

Spent about 4 hours working with the Unity>OPZ App integration today and I just want to say:

PLEASE GENERATE ERROR LOGS WHEN THE APP CRASHES / FREEZES

It isn’t possible (as far as I know) to test functionality inside of Unity, so bundling my scene, getting it onto the iPad, and having it fail with no explanation whatsoever does not make for an enjoyable experience.

1 Like

•Speak plug, use the mic to add the speech
•iOS project back up
•iOS sample transfer (from audioshare)
• remove punch and add a proper compressor (it sounds like trash)
•update the reverb (it’s decent at best)
•happy accidents plug, I would like a plug that has 4 encoder pages of random synth engine input, nobody know what it does. So twisting one encoder can land you totally outlandish sounds.
•longer track lengths. 12, 16, 18 bars just punch in 1 and 8 to get 18 bars.

Ooh and CWO effects plug!!!