Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

One more things. Step components for ALL tracks. Having it on the master transpose and punch in effects would be awesome.

1 Like

With CV Module, allow OP-z keyboard to operate as a simple CV keyboard.

1 Like
  • Open up iOS API or document it a bit, so we can make apps talk to it.

pitch as a destination on lfo

2 Likes

somebody knows how to link tracks so that the master track will record trigs on the slave tracks? like chord and Motion.
it links and plays nicely together but won‘t record! :slight_smile:

I don’t understand why the accelerometer can’t be selected as lfo source. This is a great feature on OP-1. And while OP-Z has a more advanced accelerometer it can be used only to turn the mic on/off :smiley:

2 Likes

@rudolphrapid said:
I don’t understand why the accelerometer can’t be selected as lfo source. This is a great feature on OP-1. And while OP-Z has a more advanced accelerometer it can be used only to turn the mic on/off :smiley:

It said in the original advert/marketing that it did, it was removed after release.

Really? I haven’t met that info.

It was in the same original specification as the day glow paint etc. It said the accelerometer can be applied to any synth parameter……I am sure that will still come, as it makes no sense to have the accelerometer unless you do this-they must have had a hitch just before release!!

Only got mine yesterday, but already wanting more LFO shapes, destinations and speed multipliers, a dedicated filter envelope would be nice too.

The ability to realtime record pitchbend.

Definitely a sticky option for buttons - holding mixer to mute tracks for example is unergonomic, let me double tap it to lock it into mixer mode please.

I have ios devices but I’d prefer to have other options like for example Raspberry Pi integration.

The synth engines seem a fair bit more limited than I was expecting, the OP-1 is much more versatile, the OP-Z seems to have about the same amount of synthesis as PO’s like factory or sub, given the long dev time I was quite surprised that more types were not included.

Still, really liking it, well done TE (yet again!)

OP-Z app on pc (Windows platform), using via usb.

1 Like

@darenager said:

I think the fact that it doesn’t do this is a bug rather than a feature request!

1 Like

@SLiC said:

@darenager said:

I think the fact that it doesn’t do this is a bug rather than a feature request!

Even Elektron Analog Four doesn’t record pitch bend (and modulation) on the sequencer.

@rudolphrapid said:

@SLiC said:

@darenager said:

Even Elektron Analog Four doesn’t record pitch bend (and modulation) on the sequencer.

I think it is on the midi tracks of Elektron devices……but maybe it is a technical limitation rather than a bug, there were a few unfinished features on the first OS (like lake of gyro to synth parameters) and I thought this may be another….

Yes certainly should be possible my old Roland MV-30 from 1990 can do it!

Synth engine suggestion:
Basic wave synth. Parameter 1 selects wave shapes from Tri, Saw, Pulse and Then PWM. Parameter 2 then cycles between combinations of Tri and Tri (octave apart), Tri and Saw, Saw and Saw (octave apart), saw and pulse and so on.

LFO suggestion:
Pitch!

Finally a 5th parameter page for envelope that could be assigned to Filter, LFO amount and so on (although this would require rework to the app so may be tricky to implement)

1 Like

Posted this already but I still feel like the #1 thing is MORE LFO DESTINATIONS. MORE ENVELOPE OPTIONS. There’s no reason why LFO’s shouldn’t be able to control every possible parameter.

1 Like

As Tobias said in this video:

“This is ready but is no near finished.” :smiley:

well…they also said we could fly across the atlantic four times before needing a charge :wink:
but yes, I am hoping for a good development in future too.

Knowing TE’s velocity with upgrades/fixes, it’ll be a long journey :smiley:

1 Like