Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

^true

• another suggestion, please TE make a powerswitch with the LEGO cross so we can replace the yellow one, when it finally breaks (don’t know if it’s already been said in this thread)

@RisingSon said:
well…they also said we could fly across the atlantic four times before needing a charge :wink:
but yes, I am hoping for a good development in future too.

I emailed them about this and the glow in the dark paint. They said the paint didn’t make it in the final build because they could not get it to stay on the device. Apparently it rubbed off quickly.

Maybe the battery was twice as big before they decided to add modules. Maybe there will be a battery module giving us enough battery to fly across the pacific 4 times.

Using a USB power splitter and USB battery bank it would be possible to fly to the moon and back 4 times :stuck_out_tongue:

*reverse playback of master tape track

*A second tape track (in place of lighting or module expansion track)… would be amazing to be able to grab layers and loop from already sequenced tape track.

pcm sample player - enable setting a start point instead of pitch as P1 and endpoint as the currently unused P2. 6 seconds is plenty of room for a short chain of interesting noises and SCWFs.
Pitch can be controlled via the sequencer step instead.

Would be nice to see on the screen what exactly the param1 and param2 are for a particular synth/drum/etc.

1 Like

total niche case here. I doubt most people are committed to USB-C like me. Please let me use my USB-C headphones or USB-C headphone adapter.

1 Like

Ability to assign synths or drums to the midi, dmx and motion tracks; currently they don’t get much use and it would be nice to have this option.

1 Like

Would also love a stereo input module so I could send OP1 output without losing stereo through the OPZ on the Module track.

@l3ftofthedial said:
Would also love a stereo input module so I could send OP1 output without losing stereo through the OPZ on the Module track.

Would allow for sampling too obviously. But OPZ samples are mono?

another feature request: Ability to copy samples or engines from one track to another
If this already possible, can someone please let me know?
I think it’s quite an obvious feature missing

1 Like

@RisingSon said:
I’ll start with an obvious suggestion:

- Please implement sampling from line-in. This will make the device 100 times better :slight_smile:

sample trimming could be made possible with another parameter page with following functions:

1. sample start
  2. sample end
  3. sample start smaller increments
  4. sample end smaller increments

It doesn’t have line-in, so good luck with that

it does…it’s a trrs Plug. which means in/out like every iphone ?

But theoretically if you plug line there how you monitor the sound?

@rudolphrapid said:
But theoretically if you plug line there how you monitor the sound?

You buy an upcoming ‘module’ interface which will likely cost half of an OPZ! ?

@JohnnyEgo said:

Nice one mate, don’t like to listen to your music when your making it then?!

1 Like

@lescour1 said:

@JohnnyEgo said:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/813396-REG/Sescom_IPHONE_MIC35_1RA_iPhone_iPod.html

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@JohnnyEgo said:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/813396-REG/Sescom_IPHONE_MIC35_1RA_iPhone_iPod.html

Dude the thing cost £520, the point is it should have a line in

@lescour1 said:

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@JohnnyEgo said:
åit does…it’s a trrs Plug. which means in/out like every iphone ?

Ok I get it. The device is not what you would want it to be. (And if it’s something else I sincerely apologise) No need to be upset with me or other people participating in the discussion about ”But theoretically if you plug line there how you monitor the sound?”.

I wish you all the good. And hope you have inspired sessions making music in the way you like to have them. ?

Masa

1 Like

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@JohnnyEgo said:
åit does…it’s a trrs Plug. which means in/out like every iphone ?

Ok I get it. The device is not what you would want it to be. (And if it’s something else I sincerely apologise) No need to be upset with me or other people participating in the discussion about ”But theoretically if you plug line there how you monitor the sound?”.

I wish you all the good. And hope you have inspired sessions making music in the way you like to have them. ?

Masa

Of course man, I mean you or this discussion no harm.

However I’m a realist and deal with fact, not fiction. And at this current time, even if TE released an update enabling sampling from line in, you are unable to monitor what you are recording. That is fact, and I am not being obtrusive or argumentative stating that.