Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

@lescour1 said:

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@JohnnyEgo said:
åit does…it’s a trrs Plug. which means in/out like every iphone ?

Nice one mate, don’t like to listen to your music when your making it then?!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/813396-REG/Sescom_IPHONE_MIC35_1RA_iPhone_iPod.html

Dude the thing cost £520, the point is it should have a line in

Ok I get it. The device is not what you would want it to be. (And if it’s something else I sincerely apologise) No need to be upset with me or other people participating in the discussion about ”But theoretically if you plug line there how you monitor the sound?”.

I wish you all the good. And hope you have inspired sessions making music in the way you like to have them. ?

Masa

Of course man, I mean you or this discussion no harm.

However I’m a realist and deal with fact, not fiction. And at this current time, even if TE released an update enabling sampling from line in, you are unable to monitor what you are recording. That is fact, and I am not being obtrusive or argumentative stating that.

You seem to be missing 2 important points

1- It is not being sold as a sampler so you cant complain it doesn’t sample no more than you can complain the OP-1 doesn’t sequence graphics!

2- I think you are wrong regarding monitoring, It has a trrs socket, you can plug in headphones and a mike and monitor what goes in through the mike so you would be able to monitor what you are recording (or listen to your voice with fx on as it does now)

@SLiC said:

@lescour1 said:

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@masamarysson said:

@lescour1 said:

@JohnnyEgo said:
åit does…it’s a trrs Plug. which means in/out like every iphone ?

Nice one mate, don’t like to listen to your music when your making it then?!

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/813396-REG/Sescom_IPHONE_MIC35_1RA_iPhone_iPod.html

Dude the thing cost £520, the point is it should have a line in

Ok I get it. The device is not what you would want it to be. (And if it’s something else I sincerely apologise) No need to be upset with me or other people participating in the discussion about ”But theoretically if you plug line there how you monitor the sound?”.

I wish you all the good. And hope you have inspired sessions making music in the way you like to have them. ?

Masa

Of course man, I mean you or this discussion no harm.

However I’m a realist and deal with fact, not fiction. And at this current time, even if TE released an update enabling sampling from line in, you are unable to monitor what you are recording. That is fact, and I am not being obtrusive or argumentative stating that.

You seem to be missing 2 important points

1- It is not being sold as a sampler so you cant complain it doesn’t sample no more than you can complain the OP-1 doesn’t sequence graphics!

2- I think you are wrong regarding monitoring, It has a trrs socket, you can plug in headphones and a mike and monitor what goes in through the mike so you would be able to monitor what you are recording (or listen to your voice with fx on as it does now)

Before posting on a thread trying to argue a point, I suggest you scroll up and read the original post to avoid making yourself look silly.

The op was asking for TE to implement sampling capability in a future update.

Where do I complain that OPZ doesn’t sample!?!

Supposing TE actually reads this for future system upgrades, we might consider keeping the thread more tidy and free of bickering.

No bickering here. Just stating what it currently is and isn’t capable of, which may help people with little knowledge of the device to make an informed decision whether to part with their cash or not.

@Lymtronics said:
Supposing TE actually reads this for future system upgrades, we might consider keeping the thread more tidy and free of bickering.

+1 please stick to suggestions/request, if possible. thank you

new feature request: gloriously colourful oled op-1 -> op-z library & transfer manager screen on the op-1 when they are both connected to each other by usb

new feature request: (very long) bounce to USB stick, give the samples back the 8mb onboard memory

1 Like

My requests after approx. one day of use:

Invertable, or phase shiftable LFO, preferably with a one-shot or half-one-shot mode… I miss filter envelopes!

More drastic parameter ranges for the synth engines. I don’t mind having only two controls, but at the moment some of the synth engines have one parameter that does almost nothing.

LFO/assignable envelope for the tape track.

Some kind of sample management/optimisation app. I know there’s the (third party) drum one, and the web app that someone here made, but it’d be nice to have a simple, all in one app that could convert samples and make them into drum/synth sampler patches.

Yes a sample app would be nice, sampling is a ball ache at the best of times, very time consuming as it is, so any thing that makes getting samples onto the OPZ easier wins my vote.

Also semi related, it would be nice if the OPZ drum samples worked in different octaves as they do on the OP1.

@darenger I’ve actually put a request in for octaves on the drum tracks too! Octave +/- doesn’t work on tracks 1-4 at all, which makes them a bit useless for sequencing other gear as you’re limited to 2 octaves.

1 Like

Do TE have any sort of formal process for manging/recording feature requests?

@SLiC Not that I know of… I just wrote a few things in a post on the Facebook group which was getting passed on to the developers on the beta forum.

enjoying with OP-Z since one week, here are the changes I see for now :

• I noticed noisy sounds (like ground loop) when using with usb on mac, hugely noisy on in. should improve that.
  • more LFO destinations
  • more FXs !!! and reverb should be a good one
  • double tap to lock the 4 upper buttons
  • see on iOs app the values of some parameters like swing, filter & res in master mode
  • huge change : develop the op-z app for mac osx and allow an external window to videoproject the animation

ground loop is inherent to the USB itself when plugging in audio & usb to the same thing.
get a ground loop isolator and it should go away
they pretty cheap

1 Like

@pselodux said:
My requests after approx. one day of use:

Invertable, or phase shiftable LFO, preferably with a one-shot or half-one-shot mode… I miss filter envelopes!

More drastic parameter ranges for the synth engines. I don’t mind having only two controls, but at the moment some of the synth engines have one parameter that does almost nothing.

LFO/assignable envelope for the tape track.

Some kind of sample management/optimisation app. I know there’s the (third party) drum one, and the web app that someone here made, but it’d be nice to have a simple, all in one app that could convert samples and make them into drum/synth sampler patches.

I really want everything you suggest here, especially the changes to the LFOs. I too need filter envelopes!

On the more drastic synth front, I’d also be up for some synth engines that sacrifice the filter for four parameters. More west coast style synthesis. Something you could use with lots of parameter locks to create weird percussive sounds.

Another one I thought of just now: ability to parameter lock the synth engine/sample bank. I’d love to use it “nanoloop style” by cramming several different sounds into one track. I know it’s possible on the drum tracks (kinda) but it’d be great to have something for the synth tracks as well!

Oh! And actually show all of the parameters/features in the manual. I spent about 10 minutes yesterday trying to remember how to adjust the delay time, before finding it by accident :stuck_out_tongue:

@michaeljrocks said:
On the more drastic synth front, I’d also be up for some synth engines that sacrifice the filter for four parameters. More west coast style synthesis. Something you could use with lots of parameter locks to create weird percussive sounds.

Yeah this too… most of the OP-1 engines didn’t need a filter, so having one or two without (if that’s even possible given the architecture) on the OP-Z would be great.

ha yea i was like U CAN’T CHANGE THE DELAY TIME??? when i was first messing w/ it

^ Just curious, do the engine filter cutoff frequencies track the playing note?

@docshermsticks I just found out how to change the delay time as well. and then there are different FX on the delay, right? is there any documentation on that?

@punji i don’t think it does…?
@RisingSon what do u mean by different FX on the delay?
there is the filter that is on each track on each FX engine i believe