Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

@docshermsticks
Pressing the black keys you change the delay timing of the delay…
and pressing the white keys it seems that the delay behaves differently in terms of sound and not timing.

I only tried it out shortly, so I can’t go into detail. But you’ll see what I mean when you check it out.
At least I hope I wasn’t having illusions :slight_smile:
I wonder if this works for other FX engines too…

oh i see. i believe the white keys are presets of each fx.
the same way the white keys are presets for drum patches/synth engines/etc

edit: oh no i think i read too quick.
white keys are also timing i believe.
hook it up the app and you’ll see.
black keys are like different 16th note timings. 1/16, 2/16, 3/16 etc
white keys are like 1/128, 1/64, all the way up to 4/1

my wishes are quite simple:
dont add any functions before the ones that are already in there work flawlessly

1. make Midi clock sync work over Bluetooth (it only works via USB-C right now)
  2. stop the opz from hanging up once in a while
  3. write a pdf-manual for offline use that explains everything and doesnt leave as many questions as the current manual

when that is done, you can think about

1. single sample transfer in the app (not just premade packs)
  2. audiobus support for the app
  3. building a module for sample recording
  4. push in fx for the photo roll and animations

and of course, more engines:

1. rectangle osc with pwm
  2. sine osc
  3. synth engines for kick, snare, hihat, clap
  4. some glitch sounds noise engineering style
  5. sine and ramp up for the lfo
1 Like

@goatofneptune said:

1. rectangle osc with pwm

Hell yeah!

• make the opz a proper working midi hub (thru usb-c): so much stuff doesnt work out of the box ( im talkin class compliant stuff)
  • lfo to pitch!! / more lfo shapes
  • step components to punch effects and photomatic fx
  • app visualisation of compressor, drive, master, note velocity
  • 4th 8th 16th etc resolutions
  • delete samplepacks bin for configurator
2 Likes

A big one: how are we gonna both stream the unity engine as well as usb midi thru the lightning port ??? :o

@An3 said:
A big one: how are we gonna both stream the unity engine as well as usb midi thru the lightning port ??? :o

you gotta get into the dongle life. get a lightening digital av adapter and lightening to usb camera adapter

u can only insert one of those in ur ipad or iphone: U cant have both of them: like in the picture doesnt work: the xtra lightning connector is just for power

So that s the challenge

I mentioned the below in another thread

Has anyone talked about dials/parameters in the “Performance” mode? I would love for these to be something like:

Green = Drum Punch-in effects randomizer (0-99)
Blue = Synth Group Punch-in effects randomizer (0-99)
Yellow - Cutoff
Red - Resonance

(I know that cutoff can be found in the “Master” track, but honestly I find myself in “Performance” mode when I am, well, performing, and would love to have quick access to the master filter cutoff).

@AustinBru said:

I mentioned the below in another thread

Has anyone talked about dials/parameters in the “Performance” mode? I would love for these to be something like:

Green = Drum Punch-in effects randomizer (0-99)
Blue = Synth Group Punch-in effects randomizer (0-99)
Yellow - Cutoff
Red - Resonance

(I know that cutoff can be found in the “Master” track, but honestly I find myself in “Performance” mode when I am, well, performing, and would love to have quick access to the master filter cutoff).

I would like the knobs on the performance track to affect the speed of timing based performance effects such as filter sweep, pan, etc… It would be nice to have options for faster or slower divisions of the master tempo on these effects.

a “zoom-in” mode where you can cycle through a lengthened track bar by bar and then zoom back out again once you’re done editing (currently if you have a track longer than a bar you lose the ability to edit step by step)

3 Likes

@spongefile said:
a “zoom-in” mode where you can cycle through a lengthened track bar by bar and then zoom back out again once you’re done editing (currently if you have a track longer than a bar you lose the ability to edit step by step)

THIS!!! I had thought that a potential UI workaround would be Track + Shift and encoder 1 to toggle ‘zoom view’ on and off (when wanting to return to normal view simply turn encoder to the left for example) and then whilst in ‘zoom view’ the 2nd encoder is Zoom in and Zoom out and third encoder moves left to right on the sequence. Fourth encoder toggles ‘loop of steps currently in view’ whereby if sequencer is running, sequencer only plays 16 selected steps within user view (so if track length is 64 steps, the sequencer only plays the last 16 steps and all other tracks are truncated to reflect this), or can be toggled to ‘off’ where sequencer runs as normal.

1 Like

@spongefile said:

+1

1 Like

It would be nice if the 10 second bounces could be loaded into a sample track. Slices could be automatically created based off of the tempo of the project. Configurator would likely be needed to load the sample into a slot.

Bonus: Shift and the keys allow you to make edits for each note/slice while the sequencer is stopped. Punch in effects do not seem useful while the sequence is not running.

1 Like

I’d like a “repository” for user samples, instead of having to load them directly into slots. I have a whole ton of samples that I spent hours preparing (and easily fit within 24mb), and then realised that I could only put a handful of them on the device, because the other slots were taken up by the synth engines, gah!

Oh, and loop points on chromatic samples too.

u can replace the engines w/ samples if u’d like.
its easier to navigate in the app but u can do it in disk mode or whatever they are calling it

actually the app is kind of like the repository.
hopefully they update it to add like sample transfer and stuff

Yeah, but I like some of the engines. It’d be nice if the samples didn’t completely disappear when replaced with synth engines in the app…

I’d actually love to be able to store as many samples as I like in the app, and then transfer them to the device through the configurator… or at the very least, have some kind of access to the “hidden” area that contains the one sample from Cuckoo that seems to be permanent.

Another one: step components on the master track / all tracks!

1 Like

The irritating noise when connected by USB to another device… that noise should be eliminated somehow. I’d like to sync it through midi host but the generated ground noise makes it totally useless to record.

stepcomponents on punch in effects
stepcomponents on stepcomponents
stepcomponents on the second step note (u can have to notes per step in the drumchannels), would be great for accents fi.

2 Likes