Suggestions for TEENAGE ENGINEERING OP-Z

It would be cool to have four assignable macro controls on the dials of the Performance track, a bit like the performance mode on the Analog Four. So for example, I could assign maybe the filter on the Bass, synth parameter 1 of the Chord, and the delay feedback, all to one dial on the Performance track.

I’d also like the option to make the arp track behave like the other synth tracks, so turning the arpeggiator in to an LFO instead (a much improved LFO in fact, as others have already suggested). I just don’t need an arp line in every track I write so it would be nice to have the option to toggle it on or off.

1 Like

Don’t know if, but it probably has been mentioned already.

LFO 2 TUNE on sample-synth plugs. I want to do a warble thing putting LFO on the pitch…

thought LFO was available on sample synths?
what is it replaced by then if not?

isn’t it only not available on the ARP track?

oops…edited my post, I mean LFO to Tune parameter.
Or does this exist?

• LFO on Arp

• LFO on the other tracks (effects etc, so with midi echo we could use extra modulation)

• A way to change the sequence resolution, so we can edit steps on longer measures.

• Record pitch bend!!! ???

• Please Teenage engineering, provide us an actual explanation on how the step components work, just putting their names is not enough, I noticed there is a hierarchy, this have to be better explained on your guide.

2 Likes

Performance track mask:

Hold shift to designate track(s) for step editing. While holding shift, tracks with a yellow LED can be edited in the performance track.

Will work similarly to track selection within the FX and master/transpose tracks.

The track will function exactly as it does now when all tracks are selected with a yellow led while holding shift. When deselecting tracks from the performance channel, their sequencer data is no longer shown and leds disappear from grid. New notes added to the sequencer or recorded live will not affect deselected channels. Notes recorded to deselected channels will still be heard while the performance track is unmuted.

I presently only find myself using the performance track to delete poor takes of something I recorded while holding shift on an individual instrument track. Data from all tracks is shared on the grid steps, so editing or deleting with precision is not possible. A poor punch in recording could force you to delete and re-record several other good takes that share the channel. It is also laborious to switch from instrument tracks to the performance track in the case of deleting or editing a recorded take.

Bonus: Performance track parameters

Amount Speed Division Range

The first two parameters, Amount and Speed, are applied to the timbral punch-in effects: filter, stereo, short, long.

Division is applied to the grid timing based punch in effects: loop 1, loop 2, follow/echo

Range is applied to the tonal punch-in effects: pitch, ramp up, ramp down, and random.

All encoder parameters can be recorded to the grid sequencer on selected tracks within the performance track.

Also: now I want step components on top of all that.

2 Likes

Hello Z heads.
Chromatic mode on sample channels. Select a sample, press ‘something’, that sample gets mapped across the keyboard. Press ‘something’ to turn it off

1 Like

and another! Chord memory on Poly tracks. Maybe hold a chord press shift, and that chord is latched and also spread across keyboard?

2 Likes

fully functioning midi-implementation would be a great feature

project undo: i erased a whole prject yesterday. dumb but bound to happend one night

1 Like

When live-recording one should be able to switch tracks and continue to record without having to enable live-record again.

For us colourblind folk - a way to assign different colours to the parameter pages. I struggle to tell the difference between the green and yellow pages (having one of them plain red would help…for me at least)

2 Likes

@wonderface said:
For us colourblind folk - a way to assign different colours to the parameter pages. I struggle to tell the difference between the green and yellow pages (having one of them plain red would help…for me at least)

The numeric 1 2 3 4 buttons light up temporarily when you use the shift button to indicate which page you are on. The color blind have been thought of!

Micro tuning!

1 Like

next to MUTE a SOLO function would be nice !!

2 Likes

This is pretty specific but should be rather easy to do for TE and is super important in my opinion:
Make it possible to update sample banks. Right now when you change a sample bank, you have to rename it because otherwise the Z doesn’t notice it has changed. All projects then lose their reference to it and you have to re-select it, losing all settings for the bank in the process.
If I had my way, it would just keep everything the way they were if you add a different sample.

1 Like

@gero_ said:
This is pretty specific but should be rather easy to do for TE and is super important in my opinion:
Make it possible to update sample banks. Right now when you change a sample bank, you have to rename it because otherwise the Z doesn’t notice it has changed. All projects then lose their reference to it and you have to re-select it, losing all settings for the bank in the process.
If I had my way, it would just keep everything the way they were if you add a different sample.

no that is absolutely a workflow solution: i was already thinking of an app where u an record on ur laptop or ios in op-z format edit to 12 loops and export to op-z. An ios bank app would also be amazing

would absolutely be great to add seperate step components to each of the two voices (on drum channels) on one step

program changes to ext midi

@gero_ said:

Is it possible to temporary change the sample to one in a different bank then change back when you’ve updated the other bank?