Sweetwater now taking OP-Z Preorders

Since there is no price, you have to call in. Tried to share this a couple days ago when I put in my order but the forum was down!

My sales guy said a few were ahead of me but not many.

Did they give you a price that you agreed to? Or is it just that you are earlier in line to buy it once the price is announced?

I called my Sweetwater rep. No price yet. They are supposed to receive their first order in September. The number projected in the first order is almost sold out.

Just called and put my name on the list. They had no price but just that September is the time they’ve been given. They said there are 17 people in front of me and they started taking orders over the phone in February.

Just called and put my name on the list. They had no price but just that September is the time they've been given. They said there are 17 people in front of me and they started taking orders over the phone in February.

Well this is good news. My guy wouldn’t tell me how many were ahead of me, but I called two days ago, and I know of at least two people on Reddit that ordered after me, so probably sitting around 14-15 in line. Sounds realistic enough to get in the first batch.

To those asking, it is correct that there is no price. They just set it up to charge whatever credit card you want, but they don’t charge until it ships, and of course there will be a price by then.

If someone finds the price please let me know I want to preorder but not if it’s $600

My Rep said he’d put a ship hold on it and will call me to confirm. Keep in mind, I’ve made a solid rapport with my Rep for the past several years.

If someone finds the price please let me know I want to preorder but not if it's $600

Just call and put in your preorder. The price will be announced before it ships.

Mine has been preordered since 1/24/17. Heads up- you can preorder anything as long as you know it exists and have a great Rep.

I’ve never preordered anything, but with the OP-Z, I just might. However, if I want it as quickly as possible, should I just order it direct from Teenage Engineering once it’s available, or what do you reckon?

I just put in my Sweetwater pre-order. I used them for my OP-1 also because they offered the extended 2 year warranty. I have been happy with them thus far.

I always try to wait until it is available for preorder with a price. That way, you can get multiple quotes from different companies to try to get a deal. I got 10% off of Digitakt and Organelle this way without much effort.

Interesting. I preordered from sweetwater yesterday and was told I would be among the first batch to receive it. Maybe people cancelled their preorders (I did for digitakt) or maybe the quantity on initial order has increased?

Yes, intriguing. I haven’t seen any European shops listing it yet, so perhaps the US stores are just “selling expectations” at this point.

am i the only one that thinks this is dumb? :shrug:

am i the only one that thinks this is dumb? :shrug:

nope, you’re not!

I’m excited about it.

Me too!

I don’t care for “dealers” and “reps” though. Rather go direct.

Yeah I think I’ll just buy it from the TE web store too.

I too will probably wait until the day comes when we try and crash the TE webstore again. I just want to say I’m getting damn excited about this box.