Swiss army knife for Pocket Operators, OP1, Volca, Modular etc

@ghostly606 Surething PM me for details how to order, for the sync if you are using the PO’s alone then yes use a splitter, but if you are driving them from a Monotribe, Volca or similar external clock then you can just go that clock into the mixer then from the mixer into each PO. Hope that makes sense?

New batch of the 4-1/1-4 version available now, £20 plus post, see pic

Here

@darenager are the ins/outs stereo or mono? Also, what’s the switch for?

I’d like to hook up op-1 (stereo out) po-12 (think it’s mono if synced) and Acid8 (mono jack out) would this work with all coming out stereo?

@spacetravelmadeeasy the switch turns it to either mono or stereo, it won’t convert a mono signal to stereo unfortunately though.

i guess I could get some adapters to take a mono signal, split into two mono’s then bring it into a stereo.

Just looking for a way to pull audio together for jams/gigs without having to need to take a big mixer.

I’d like one of these for my Roland Boutique Synths please!

I’ll drop you a PM.

CB

bumping for interest! esp. w/ all the new ones.

pm’d

Got some more available, PM or email rather than posting on my wall please. I think I got back to everyone now.

Hi, I finally managed to register to this great site (I’ve had really hard times answering the “humanity check” question lol)

I PM’d you Daren, really eager to order 2 units of your 4:1 device to sync and mix my 3-PO’s setup.

I’ll use a metronome app on my android phone before I can get my hands on a monotribe (I’m searching for one to buy in france, but it’s really hard these days!)

I also thought about a way to have a kind of aux send to my monotron delay unit, using a splitter for each PO (using the stereo output as a dual audio out) to route the audio 1) to the mixer and 2) to another mixer with level pots (I saw somewhere here that you also designed some) to route to the delay…

anyone doing this trick?

but I think I’ll begin simple, without this trick and simply using the monotron delay as an “insert” FX between my arcade PO and the mixer :smiley:

Can’t wait to get news from you Daren

Love this community :smiley:

I tried using a monotron delay as a send effect on my Octatrack but hadn’t considered that the monotron delay has a fixed dry / wet balance. i.e. you can’t have it as 100% wet for using as a send effect. Therefore it is not ideally placed to use for this. I think this “trick” you suggest would work with something like a mini kaoss pad though. Alternatively you could try a delay pedal but I am not sure this will work as I have had limited joy with this (see this thread - https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1757/delay-pedal-line-level#latest).

Here is a pic showing scale and the new 8 channel version

@Ghostly606 : thanks for the input

I didn’t realise the monotron delay had so much NOISE when using the input…

so I’ll just use it as a separate sound source, not as an insert or send FX.

@Daren : just received the package and it works great (4:1 devices)

so far the audio is OK, but I have very LOW volume output… is it normal? I didn’t use the sync on the PO’s, just sending the 3 PO’s outputs to your 4:1 mixer.

I tried to sync one PO with my android phone with 2 different metronome apps, but no luck so far,

so I just ordered a 3.5 stereo jack to 2x mono splitter, I’ll feed 2 POs with the sync signal from the 3rd one,

but I only have stereo jack cables… is it OK? should I use the 4:1 mixer in MONO for the sync duty?

Thanks for your fast shipping and great devices!

Cheers

oh, BTW, my first tune with pocket operators (12, 20 & 28) is here :smiley: https://soundcloud.com/monstrejumo/sysex-shit-dump-ce-abuse-serieu-01

@monstrejumo I just emailed you :slight_smile:

@darenager

Any idea how much signal (#dB) is lost when summing two stereo OP-1s?

Is the output able to drive headphones, or is that asking too much?

@darenager

This might be a daft question but… Do the pocket operators sync through your mixer? Or is a splitter required to send tempo to the others and audio through the mixer?

@AdamJay I tested with headphones and 2 OP-1’s and it was as expected very quiet, however if you use a mini KP or something with a pre-amp like a field recorder or similar then the gain is easily made up without any significant loss of fidelity.

@steveoath Not a daft question, the PO’s are only able to receive sync from the socket on their left and only able to send audio on the socket on their right so the answer is no sadly, I use one mixer for sync with the sync signal being sent from the Volca, this gets split out to the PO sync inputs, then another mixer for the audio.

I use ableton live between daren’s 4:1 mixer and my speakers,

using in ableton live a limiter device with +24DB volume boost and still have a signal under -6DB!!! so be sure the volume loss is HUGE,

but sound is cristal clear, and the device really solid build :smiley:

the big problem for me now is for the SYNC duty when using a PO sync signal => it just does NOT work (kind of interrupted signal with randomness)

I emailed Daren about this just some minutes ago, we’ll see, but perhap’s the PO’s sync signals may be not loud enough to be routed in the device…

I don’t have any volca or monotribe to test it, but the 2 devices I have are both functionnal for the audio mixing duty.

To be discussed further, I may need a little device to boost the sync signal volume before getting into Daren’s device… any advice?

…or save money to get a volca…

Cheers

Yes the PO sync signal is too weak to send into the mixer, I just emailed you back :wink: