The gearlust thread part deux: post your GAS

Lusting after not only an O Coast but an Octatrack (again) after seeing this:

https://youtu.be/dI9MqNEMKxI

Considering trading my Monomachine, which I love dearly, but haven't touched in a while. Modular would seem to team up better with the OT I'm thinking....

Brilliant vid! Thanks for sharing.

Completely agree with @LyingDalai regarding the OT. In my former years I would've gone for something cheap and cheerful but now, thanks to my wife, I realize that it is better to have one thing that you really really want instead of three or four "ok" things. I've no doubt that as you grow the Arturia will be missing things you need so you'll expand in another direction and buy another box. Your laptop will need to be upgraded. The Octatrack will be a boss for years and years. I hear some people moaning about issues but I know they would never sell it. The only ones that pop up for sale are mostly from sellers who have owned for 6 months and couldn't get there head around it. I hope that helps @quarantequatre!

I think Beatstep and Push 2 cannot be considered as “cheap” things… But I totally agree with you about taking 1 thing instead of 3 little things. The fact is these 2 controlers seems to be the best in their domains :slight_smile:

I have a little trouble with elektron, I don’t know why, maybe the complicated workflow :), I think that the more I’m limitated, the more I create ! (like the OP-1 for example).

Beatstep Pro seems to have a pretty nice workflow, and I love the smooth pads, as an old MPC owner, I neeed smooth pads :smiley: that’s inevitable.

I’m talking about Beatstep because I see lots of people using this controler, in different situations, with different hardware and stuff… And it seems beeing one of the best standalone controler actually.

Yes you helped me @
HisMostDarxxxellent (thank you), I do not want to take months(years?) before knowing how to to use a hardware sequencer well :).
That’s why the Push 2 and Beatstep are winking me. Push 2 isn’t standalone, that’s the only negative point I see on this cool stuff, but it’s so so playful ! Everything is extremely well thought, and so fluid ! But not standalone is restrictive, that’s why I was thinking about the Beatstep pro once again :smiley:

I absolutely need a good (and simple use) controller for my existing setup, and for my next GAS which will probably be the Lifeforms Blackbox :slight_smile:

@quarantequatre Can’t comment on Push but the Beatstep pro is invaluable, you can sync, trigger and control so many different things it pays for itself.
I’ve had it receiving midi clock from an OT, syncing a TB-303, sending 24ppqn clock to a modular Sequencer, using 2 channels of the drum trigs to clock 2 more modular sequencers with different divisions and also a further four triggers for a Nord Drum. That left me with 2 channels for the modular.
There are many ways to use it and it quickly lends itself to any situation, especially if you have a variety of gear.
I haven’t even touched the midi controller side!
There are a few nifty tricks too, the randomisation/probability and stutter/looper strip are very useful.
But that’s just me…

Thanks @rotallytuined :). Is the beatstep pro able to send clock by itself without receiving any external clock ? And what about the stability issues ? I saw lots of people complaining about bugs and crashes during 2015 :slight_smile:
edit: I saw it can send clock as a master piece :smiley:

Yes it sends clock on it’s own. Edit, just saw your edit! Hah! @quarantequatre You can also chose what it receives clock from so you could clock a midi device from a modular for instance (great if like me you have mod sequencers without bpm value).
I’ve not had any stability issues so far, though I’ve only had it a few months, perhaps an update addressed these niggles? I’ve not had a single problem myself, been up to 180bpm triggering and clocking with no misses.
Nowhere near crashed!
The knobs are touch sensitive so you can check parameter settings without turning anything but last night I realised I only have to hover a finger near the knob and it shows the value on the screen!
I’m no Luke Skywalker but if I find myself hanging upside down in an icy cave I reckon I could make it now!

I’m sorry I brought you this fear from Elektron machines… I’ll put one in your hands again next time :smiley:
But Beat Step Pro seems very cool for the price. And it’s modular ready, if you ever catch the bug.
Note that it can’t sequence MIDI CC, afaik… Something that the old Elektron trilogy does.

Can’t wait to teach you some OT workflow, man
:smiley:

It’s true you can’t sequence midi cc but you can control/send midi cc in controller mode whilst the Sequencer runs as usual. This cc is sent via USB too so you could record it in a DAW to capture a performance.
The manual is quite extensive in this regard and is well worth a flick through before making any decisions.
I don’t buy anything that I don’t know inside out before it lands!

Hmm…
https://d235mwrq2dn9n5.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/synthstrom-deluge.jpg

This could be interesting. If they Nail the price point this will sell quick, and in volume. (Imo).

http://www.synthstrom.com/mobile/

Those pads remind me of Tooty Frooties!
Yummy

That’s fantastic !

I…

must…
resist…

Suddenly feeling the need to “warm” up my MDUW…

Resist to what ? :smiley:

@quarantequatre @yoof has watched this :

The Big Elektron Analog Heat Video - Sonic LAB - YouTube

My little Strymon Deco, that I was starting to really love, feels a bit thin right now.
I so want this little Elektron box now !!
:smiley:

Still.
I have to resist for a whole month.

Hehe, yes, that’s the one I meant. Although, I have to say, the force is strong in this one… I’ve been able to resist lots of gaseous stuff recently. Must stay strong!

This box seems nice !
Especially like the synths through it
But Wow ( :wink: ) !

Yep, it sounds so good. I love the Saturation enhanced with the filter, it’s so impressive. Even only to sample beats and start from here in the OT, it would be very interesting…

But this bloody Price…
Damn.

We agree lol

Snap. I was hoping to be ‘meh’ on the AH but it looks really fast/varied/useful… Damn!

Oh no! I wasn’t expecting this feeling! That video has done bountiful things for the AH!
I like that it doubles up as an audio interface. I’ve been looking at a lot of interfaces recently, I didn’t realize it was such a huge market. This would be a great option for me ~ instruments > MX-1 > OT > AH > the final frontier, the place I don’t really like to go but HAVE to … the computer.

http://www.synthstrom.com/delugeorder.html

Preorders afe open for deluge now. Not as expensive as i thought it would be. And a cheeky installment plan as well… must resist!