The gearlust thread part deux: post your GAS

… Nor SH-01a

Played the D-05 today though…

I don’t need anymore gear I don’t need anymore No more I don’t need anymore gear I don’t need anymore I don’t need anymore gear I don’t need anymore No more no more I don’t need anymore gear I don’t need anymore

I’m currently GASing for a Digitakt…

I’m currently GASing for a Digitakt...

Agreed

I would wait until the Analog RYTM MK2

I would wait until the Analog RYTM MK2

Care to elaborate?

Rytm mk2 will benefit from Digitakt sampling / resampling workflow…

Rytm mk2 will benefit from Digitakt sampling / resampling workflow...

I wish I could get into sampling and resampling a bit more. Especially having an Octatrack! Never used the sampling functionality in my OP-1. It just seems arduous; however, I loved the way Legowelt put it in his recent Gearslutz Q&A… a sampler is like a synth that uses a sample like an oscillator!!! Go Legowelt! I wonder where he got his name from??? Perhaps I’ll ask him!

Rytm mk2 will benefit from Digitakt sampling / resampling workflow...

I wish I could get into sampling and resampling a bit more. Especially having an Octatrack! Never used the sampling functionality in my OP-1. It just seems arduous; however, I loved the way Legowelt put it in his recent Gearslutz Q&A… a sampler is like a synth that uses a sample like an oscillator!!! Go Legowelt! I wonder where he got his name from??? Perhaps I’ll ask him!

Dude! Sampling something totally random in to the Op1 drum sampler and then using the sequencers to find further randomness with those slices via patterns/arpeggio is probably my favourite thing to do on OP1. Happy surprises abound… Half the time it’s instantly interesting and I don’t even feel like I need to adjust any of the automatic slice start/end points. Check it out! Use the radio for sample source if other sources aren’t convenient to connect :wink:

Sampling the radio on OP-1 has been my favorite trick lately.

Playing with Tape speed and Tape functions to totally destroy it let me create amazing soundscapes :smiley:
As cool as synthesis is, sampling and pushing hard the sample mangling is a very funny way to discover new sounds !

1 Like

The RYTM MK2 looks a total power house of a sampler. Being able to sample old disco loops off vinyl, layer them with the onboard drum synthesis, resample - it just sounds perfect. Plus it kills a lot of my fraustrations nothing having multiple outputs - finally I can route specific samples to a space echo. It looks lovely too.

For me, Octatrack is all I need as a sampling machine.

I have sold mine, and waiting for mk2 to surface.
So excited to find it again :slight_smile:

I’m also wanting an Analog Heat. More to reignite my interest in the sounds from OP-1, Im wanting something more gritty and punchy and less digital

@HisMostDarxxxellent I may have jumped the gun a bit here as i dont think the upgrades are actually available yet... but you can sign up to a mailing list to get updates on the upgrade options:

http://moogmusic.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=66ca69d70dceab5be9897856d&id=5d4cf083c4

Ahhhhh I see! Thanks a bunch for the info @aswefallintostatic

Just thought I’d add to the info here. I was having a reshuffle to maximize the gear I have and I ran some tests. I have my Sub 37 plugged into a AMPEG SCR-DI and A/B’d it. I thought “F*~…$£ Me! It’s like my Sub 37 has taken a bunch of steroids!!!”

The Sub 37 sounds rough, rugged and harsh all in a good way. Bet it would sound super neat through the Heat.

I think I don’t need any extra upgrades. :slight_smile:

OK, I’ve been burning money lately… Avalon Bassline, SH-01a, FMR RNC, Octatrack mk2 and now Keystep…

Burning pockets… Can’t help it.

Should really put my money in an island far far away…

I’m facing one of those thing where I’m like “I could do a last minute flight to and from LA on Sunday just to see Ryoji Ikeda’s ‘A for 100 cars’ piece. Oh, I can’t really afford to do that. So I won’t go. Oh, with the money I save by not going, I could buy a new synth!” {smack, smack, slap, smack!}

That Modor NF-1m is awfully pleasing to my ears…

I was GASing hard for the OPZ, until I took the time to watch videos about the Deluge. Now I’m about to buy a second hand one. This box looks like the best of all \o/

Also GASing for the Mod Duo, but there is one on its way so I’m not sure I can still call it GASing.

Last night at band practice I finally realized: I need an Octatrack back in my life. :stuck_out_tongue:

meris polymoon
https://www.meris.us/product/polymoon-pedal/

Can anyone with experience please talk me out or in to buying a long lusted for Roland MC-505?

It’s something I’ve always wanted to get since hearing the album At Home with the Groovebox and then I found out one of my favourite artists, Cherryboy Function still uses one.

They’re not too expensive on ebay.