The gearlust thread part deux: post your GAS

I've spent two full days researching mechanical 60% keyboards. whats wrong with me.

Understandable. Check out Happy Hacking 2, awesome key action.

Nektar Panorama 4, arghh…

the price for that Neutron is indeed very attractive. But i fear that it wont last for long. Behringer is not known for quality builds and if i use it heavily and would have to exchange it every other month because somethings broken: i would bite me in the ass :-)

I dunno. I have their DM12 and Model D. Built like tanks to be fair.

I’ve seen DM12 in a store. It survived assaults by the hordes of consumers admirably, but the keys and sliders do feel very nooddly after all the abuse. Like, there is no resistance to whatever you do. I haven’t tried it new, but I assume it’s a bit more solid by default.

This would be an awesome statistic to gather. Which synthesizers can survive the showroom the longest.

oh no…I saw a video of the Polyend Seq. I can’t get it out of my head now…oh no…

It will be priced below 1k and has the full Eigenmatrix synth engine. 2-note hardware polyphony, 8-note engine polyphony via external controls. I really, really like that they added enough stuff to it to be a reasonably self-sufficient instrument, although you would need a computer or an iPad for any in-depth programming.

Honestly, it’s not a bad deal at all. I’m seriously thinking about it. Although, I’ll have to see something to get it. (Just a rule I have to cap max number of synthesizers I own.)

Most interesting synth recently. Follows OP-1 philosophy in many ways.

GASing for a Bass Station 2 big style.