The NAMM Thread (22-25 January 2015)

I’m really looking forward to NAMM this year, especially because of what we may see from TE. There’s always plenty of speculation/hopes, so I thought I’d start a thread for all things NAMM…

I will be there and will report back my findings! Being in the industry, I have already gotten word of some of the new gear that will be announced. Moog and Korg both have some stuff coming that is sure to cause a stir : ) I’m most excited for what TE will announce though!

You’ve got me even more excited now! I look forward to you reporting your findings. Thanks. It’s going to be an interesting few days methinks (not to mention all the run-up to it).

ok @sammyjams c’mon, spill the beans! A new object, or software?

@piotr I assume when you say “object or software” you’re talking about TE’s release? THAT I have gotten no preview of yet : (

Aaah, I assumed that you were clued in on the TE offering…

I think we’re all clued in on what TE has, it’s gonna be the PO-12. Ok so we got the new Korgarp which looks sick. Nord is teasing something, prob a Lead4.9XXL or Electro 18.We got the Behringer Arp :(?? The Arturia Audo Interface. Possibly some sort of Korg Monotribe 2? I’m stoked! Always a fun time of year. Would love to make it to Namm some time.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2015/01/02/whats-this-a-new-roland-analog-modelling-poly/

new aira as well.

If it is the PO-12 then I will be somewhat disappointed. Seriously: I would prefer Op-1 OS update…

I hope it’s the PO-12 AND an OS update : )

Oh yeah, that would be just fine by me :slight_smile: !!!

If its OS update prob just the new presets, but we shall see, just trying to hedge peoples expectations a bit.

PO-12 is definitely enough for me! Also, since they clearly say that it is something new I’m pretty sure it is the PO-12. After using the beta version I really look forward to see the final product with display etc :slight_smile: the fast workflow combined with the dirty low bitrate sounds makes this unit amazing.

Does anyone know if there are special passes for music students, if anything?

Edit: In other words how can I get in without being affiliated to a merchant?

Wonder if it is actually the PO-12. We all know its on the cards so why the teaser?

On the subject of NAMM, I need to persuade the wife that a trip to the states needs to coincide with a NAMM sometime :wink:

Hopefully the teaser is for a way overdue op-1 update!

Does anyone know if there are special passes for music students, if anything?

Edit: In other words how can I get in without being affiliated to a merchant?

I believe there is a student ticket, but I might be wrong.

saw on IDMf that Casio finally made a 4x4 pad groovebox out of the XW synths, called the XW-PD1 "trackformer"

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com//images/Product%20News/Tech/Jan15/casio-xw-pd1-full-460-85.jpg

And there’s a “trackformer” DJ controller that can plug into it, but who gives a flying fuck about that >.>

Haha, your last comment really cracked me up :smiley: well spoken and agreed.

Man, Casio did some solid products back in the day, from the ‘toy’ keyboards and the CZ/VZ/FZ range, to some odd stuff like the DH horns, I would like to see some more from them, those synths they did a few years back did not seem to hit the mark, wonder if this new thing will? They should totally do a new sampler.