This site needs a favicon.

monkey!
here is the op1 icon i made for all my important op1 folders.

What’s a favicon ?

It’s the little icon next to the URL of most websites.

Aha. Cool.

Ah, I like the monkey one. Perhaps make the head just a bit bigger, to be more visible in the 32x32 one?

As the originator of this thread, I’m declaring myself the final arbiter of which icon we should use.

MONKEY! Thanks folks.

It’s not very clear to see what it is as a favicon, but at least it distinguishes it from anything else without one. I like having my most used bookmarks just as icons on my browser’s top bar, and any icon is thus better than none.

I too find the red of the monkey barely visible on the icon.

Maybe a white color would be more appropriate !
@quarantequatre, my friend, don’t you think so ?

Would something like this not be better? (if so, I’ve created the pack of favicons for various platforms)

CB

favicon-96x96

I got this from someone and was under the impression, it was the chosen one. @Cloudburst that is the teenage logo and I don’t feel comfortable using that one.

Agreed @dimi3. I’d pretty much come to that decision too, after posting.

I like the monkey idea, but feel it’s too “busy” for a favicon.

Perhaps something simple against a white backdrop may be best? Eg the 4 coloured circles, or a single knob, or brickshaft, or paddle…

Or could the monkey work better against a white background?

CB

Yeah right : maybe just the negative of @quarantequatre would clearer !
Monkey would be blue I think.

I also think the resolution is not big enough : on my phone, the home screen shows the most visited sites and the current icon is way too small compared to the other sites.

Hmm yes, see what you mean… quite busy.

What about the record button? (Orange circle with a white dot in the middle). That’s pretty well recognized by us all I imagine and wouldn’t look busy when squished to nothing on the URL bar.

op-1_favicon
We've made a full circle! :D

I’d rather go for the Tape button, if we want something simpler.
For me it summarizes the OP1 pretty well.

I think this one would work the best:

It is clear even in tiny sizes, unique, easily recognisable by anyone using the OP-1, and very … well … iconic, I suppose.

Or how’s about something like this? OP-1 logo repurposed to represent Operator-1. Again, I’ve got the multi-platform favicon set if you want them.

CB

ms-icon-70x70

hehe @LyingDalai, full circle :slight_smile:

Mmmm sorry, I was in the sky.

I’m gonna look tomorrow if I can make a pixel art of the monkey circle :), This gonna be more visible.
(and a negative version or b&w as you said @LyingDalai)

High contrast helps

I’m a bit late on the debate but after seeing the record icon used as a favicon on this page, I think it works really well: the scale is good, the drawing is emblematic of the OP-1 and easy to spot on the tab. My vote would go for this one :slight_smile: